Animal Crossing New Horizons - Switch
  • I'll happily take 116 at this point
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • I can open up now, or if you wanna hang on until later to see if there’s a better price I can open later.

I also have the crown in stock if anyone’s feeling flush.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Cheers - I'm not sure if I have you on my friends list yet, but I can jump on now if you have a dodo code?

(Edit: I'll just send a friend request)
  • Cool. Added and opened.
  • Oh I will also take that if your still open? Was just making some lunch
  • I’m heading out so will leave gates open. If it crashes I can open up later.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Cool. Added and opened.

Thanks a lot man - not exactly a profit made, but no loss is the most important thing. 
    I left a modest gratuity somewhere for you.
  • I’ve not played for two days. Uh oh
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Can I have your gold?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Every time I think about turning this back on I just think "Urgh...I really can't be arsed with it all".

Was fun while it lasted.

Bet the trade price is still decent?
  • Enjoying it immensely at present, but yeah, I think there may soon come a point when enough is enough.

What really grinds my gears is that I spent sometime building a nice little alfresco cafe area by the shore for my residents, but none of them ever go sit down in there. At first I thought it was because it was too remote a location or I'd fenced it off too much. No, apparently this is a thing. Residents are incapable of interacting with objects that you place outside. How can this be a thing?

https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/28/21273484/animal-crossing-new-horizons-pocket-camp-furniture-animations-acnh-nintendo-switch
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • To be honest I just want to be able to sit down next to a tree holding a sandwich.
  • I want to be able to kick the beachball I placed on the beach. But it appears to be made out of lead.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • They do interact with a few things but it's far to limited & you may only clock it if you decide to stalk them all day.

Villager & main cast interaction is one of my main gripes with this version.

On one hand you have been given absolute freedom(well AC style absolute freedom) to sculpt your town the way you want it & 3 layers of it to boot. Throw in that's it's the best version yet visual wise, has some solid music, tons more items & customs, 8 player(travelling issues aside) link up play to do.......? All whilst sitting on pretty solid established game mechanics, & it should be my fav version ever.

Yet it's not.

The villagers & main cast are just a little too "android" for me this time around. No real personality, repetitive, no flesh. Not so easy to sort out for just shy of 400 odd villagers with 8 available personality traits, but for the main cast it should be easier to not come across as synthetics(fuck Picard)with limited dialogue trees.

Kapp'n had a fair few stories, Oliver & Wilbur, are solid designs, yet beyond a few repeated lines of dialogue may aswell be extinct. I've not needed to(except a rare bridge move) speak to Nook in over a month. It's an absolute pain speaking to Sahara. Gulliver had more quips in his locker than the few choice gems he's repeated this game. Able had god damn more heart in other versions, which you had to work for, this time, well knew it all within the next 5 or so visits once she let's you in. The Pete love triangle compared to throwing a postcard at Orvile?

Each version since the cube has got a little softer with its script, but here its seems not only softer, but shorter. I watched a vid the other day which was 27ish mins of just Mr Resetti Gamecube dialogue, bit sad I know, but go nostalgia, but the character was given stacks of dialogue. If Resetti had "properly" survived this game I would expect to hear his entire script in less than 5 mins probably.

Perhaps I wouldn't mind that much(& tbh I dont really mind that much at all) if more of the main cast were it in to help flesh it out abit, give the town a bit more heart, or if Nook, Izzy etc actually went for walks & interacted with villagers etc. Or instead of Leif, Kicks & Sable all dropping their stalls on my beautiful plaza on odd days all 3 turn up at once for a set market day or something, if, for the rest of the games life, they are relegated to my plaza & knicking a visitor spot on the random. Have other cast members fly in by sea plane or hot air balloon. Bring back Celestes observatory you animals! My boys Booker & Copper what's the deal?

But I dont think it would really matter in the end because this time around even if they gave it all the above padding. I feel the focus was on all the new features, which, whilst great & most(terraforming line up aside) welcome has come at the expense I feel of npc script length, & intern, a little AC heart has been lost.
  • Today is the last day for Mole cricket, loach, golden trout & Oarfish.

If you have not caught a loach(?) with reproached eyes, you may want to prioritise that one as it wont be back till March next year.
  • Anyone got better than 99 bpt and want to open up?!
  • I have 90 here! Give me 5 mins
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I had a mini heart attack when Isabelle said "we will be saying goodbye to May" for some reason I thought a villager called May was leaving. Clearly haven't woken up yet.
  • I have 90 here! Give me 5 mins

Nice one! :)
  • Dodo code is 13QVP
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Thanks Wook! Got a nephew inbound for some of those sweet, sweet nip prices. 
    He's looking to drop his first million bell investment plan so may be coming back a few times.. hehehe
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • No worries. I'm gonna have to close the gates in 5 mins though as it's my wife's turn to play whilst I bring her breakfast in bed
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Thanks Wooks!
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Does anyone have any of these fossils?

Left Megalo side
    Mammoth skull
    Pachy tail
  • I will keep an eye out, I usually sell all my dupe fossils instantly!

Don't suppose there's anyone else with turnips for less than 99? I'm currently emptying my account buying for 99 because I like to live dangerously.
  • That's about 6 million splashed, here's hoping to have 30 million by this time next week
  • The Daddy wrote:
    So my daughter has someone coming to sell turnips on her island from sunday. So i now think i understand the business you're all talking about - buy turnips low on sunday, then sell high on other's island where and when those little nook shits offer a high price?

Just remember the snotty sow that sells them is only around until midday.

Cheers. Thought it was all day but stocked up now. Selling for 99 though so it seems not a great price, confidently assumed they'd be cheap first day!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Anything under 100 is reasonable I reckon.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Missed out this week. Couldn’t find her on my island.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!