NMD's Return Of The Quiz Part IV
  • Submitted my go
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 24.5 for our favourite Keeping up with the Kashyykians, Wookie!

Sad to say that Cunt Koopa wasn't one of the Koopa kids, and also quite frankly I should contact the police given your answer to Q22, but you are the police!
  • Hahahaha.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Answers revealed at 6pm folks.
  • yea, I should probably change that
  • The score of 27 astonished me based on the fact that I'd fired all but one of those Megaman characters in jest
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am feeling the need for a quiz so might start one next
  • Friday's are mine, bagsies.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I am feeling the need for a quiz so might start one next

Do it!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 50 mins til results are in gentlefolk!

I stress that half points were added at my discretion and may not have always been consistent :sweatingmanemoji:
  • Right then you 'orrible lot, here are the answers to what has been a super enjoyable quiz for me, some genuine lols in the responses, and a good mix of questions answered correctly.

Our champion for this week is Rumplestiltskin with a girthy 32.5.

Second was Reg with a hung 31.

Joint 3rd place this week goes to Moot and Davy, stretching us out with their hits-the-right-spots 27 each.

Wookie was next with a does-it-for-some 24.5.

Elf saddles up after Wookie with a relaxing 23.

And Muzzy's on cleanup duties with a pricklish 5

Well done lads, slap your quiz-dicks down and give each other a slap on the back.

Now for what you've all been waiting for, the answers! Cast your eyes down and visually gobble-up what you did or didn't know...
    ===

1) How many buttons were on the Jaguar controller? (Points awarded for how close you are, at my discretion).

A) By my count it's 22 or 26 if you count the d-pad. You got a point if you were close-ish.

2) Which famous musician composed the music to Quake?

A) Trent Reznor! Lot of correct answers for this one, well done.

3) Name the Kooper Kids (pt for each)

A) Larry, Roy, Lemmy, Wendy, Morton, Iggy and Ludwig.

4) Name all the British Street Fighter characters (pt for each)

A) Cammy, Dudley, Birdie, Area, Blair and Eagle.

5) What's the name of the 2P ship in Ikaruga?

A) Jinkai or Ginkai - well done Rumps, only person to get this.

6) Craig Charles presented the UK version, name two films starring the actor whose name was lent to the Japanese original.

A) Craig Charles presents Takeshi's Castle, so any two Takeshi 'Beat' Kitano films would do. The videogame connection was Takeshi's Challenge NES game.

7) Name the bastard in GoldenEye 64 Facility who had the door decoder.

A) Dr. Doak! What a fucker, would RNG ruin your invincible cheat run if he wasn't in the right place. Twat. (I'm sure he's lovely in real life - yes he's a real person).

8.) Name 8 Mega Man bosses (pt for each).

A) Loads here, just pick an element or mineral and add 'man' at the end, mostly. I thought Davy was taking the piss with 'Sheep Man' but no, legit answer.

9) Once this is cast, there's no going back; add a sword.

A) Poor showing, badgers - once the dye is cast you can't go back. Dye. Add a sword - kitana. Daikatana. Someone at work got this so it obviously wasn't that difficult. Props to Rumps for his crazy working that gave the answer Spelunky.

10) Who's the big bad in Turok 64?

A) The Campaigner! Wooks got this, nice work son, no one else did; should've given you two points for that really.

11) Time to get ______

A) Time to get moving! (C'mon Reg, you love Blast Corps).

12) Name all the classes/characters in Chaos Engine (there is a bonus point available here).

A) Navie, Thug, Brigand, Mercenary, Gentleman, Preacher/Scientist (would give a point for both if you gave them). Davy did strongest here I think, nice work. Side note, when running this quiz at work no one who wasn't English and of a certain age even knew what Chaos Engine was, I thought it was a big hit but seemingly it was a very UK thing only.

13) Name the starting members of the cannon fodder team (pt for each).

A) Jools, Jops, Stu and RJ. Never forget.

14) A ____ is born, the posh will hunt.

A) A star is born, the posh hunt foxes - Starfox. Couple of people got this one, nice work guys.

15) Every SNES game had this, Rocky punches a child version of this.

A) No one got this so it's clearly my fault, and the question was a bit shite in fairness as not every SNES game had it; the answer was SUPER (loads of SNES games had 'Super' appended), and Rocky punches a slab of meat, of which a child version is a meat boy - Super Meatboy.

16) Vic and Bob sing it, put on your boxing gloves.

A) Dizzy! The boxing gloves was just an added hint, a few of you got this so good job.

17) There is no ___ _____?

A) There is no cow level. (From Diablo). I gave a half point for 'spoon' when the mood took me, maybe also for other answers that kinda made sense, I'm so sorry guys.

18) What arcade game does John Connor play?

A) Missile Command was what I was looking for, but check yer man Moot coming in with a .5 bonus for stating that he also plays After Burner, before the 'ranger takes over.

19) Name the game that the crooked cop gets his face smashed into in RoboCop 2.

A) Was looking for Bad Dudes but fuck me Rumple also pointed out that he got thrown into Midnight Resistance; I'm just assuming he's right because I don't have the film, but I deffo remember him being thrown about. Top work Rumplybumps.

20) Which mech-based SNES shooter had a suicide scene removed from its Western release?

A) Cybernator aka Assault Suits Valken!

21) Name the Mario enemy who flies in a cloud.

A) Lakitu and yes MK he is a baddy, that shit throws spikey cunts at you.

22) What does TLB stand for?

A) True Last Boss! The final boss in shmups that you get after completing certain conditions, such as no deaths, X amount of cycles etc. Wookie you're a sick man.

23) What song did Buckethead contribute to Guitar Hero 2?

A) Jordan! Famous for the wall-of-skittles segment. Unfortunately for Moot, the answer wasn't 'There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza dear Liza'.

24) Name 5 characters from Soul Calibur II (pt for each).

A) Lots of chars here, look them up, although you probably don't need to as lots of you secured all 5 points here.

25) What's better, Time Crisis or Virtua Cop?

A) Virtua Cop of course, you're lucky I didn't deduct points for the wrong answer. I think I gave .5 to someone for Point Blank tho.

26) Name the driver in Outrun.

A) Alberto! It's not just Flag Man that has a name y'know, you're lucky I didn't ask for the women passenger names.

27) Manhunt voice actor plays keyboard for which band?

A) D:Ream! Brian Cox (OG Brian Cox) did the voice of Starkweather in Manhunt, and his namesake (dorky Brian Cox) played keyboard in Blair-bait band D:Ream.

28) Is it gib or gib?

A) It's gib.
    ===

So well done again to our champs, and commiserations but good effort to everyone else, it's the taking part that counts!

Rumple, Reg, Moot and Davy - if you pm your addresses (not you Reg, I have that...) I'll send you a prize.

Well done everyone, and thanks for taking part!
  • Omd just realised Moot got 27.5, but I'll give Davy a .5 for being a boss so you're still joint thx.
  • Awesome quiz
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hmm, assuming d-pad is one button, the Jaguar is 18 buttons, the later pro controller adds another 5 for 23
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • AT MY DISCRETION COCKO

:sweatingman:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh this looper children.

Did not know there was a UK takeshi's castle but love me a bit of Beat. I easily could have been last by less.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Also didn't realise half we cryptic clues, would have got some had I realised. Robbed I tell you.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sorry nmd, also I drank too much and failed to enter so should have no say, seems I would've got half a point for mentioning Point Blank though, so I'll take that as my total

edit: for some reason I thought lakitu was called laputa, which amused me as he has a shell (a fortified home) and lives in the sky, so I probably conflated them years ago
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Larry! That’s who I forgot!!!
  • I shouldve got a point for 25 for saying House of the Dead cos that’s way better than both.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Oh this looper children.

Did not know there was a UK takeshi's castle but love me a bit of Beat. I easily could have been last by less.

Technically it was the Japanese version with Craig Charles doing the VO, so give yourself a .5 my main man.
  • Doak was one of the developers / designers of Goldeneye wasn’t he. 

Daikatana question was shit. Sorry.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yes he was, still does talks and stuff. I found myself googling him last week as there was a player on a mobile game using doktordoak as his alias which amused me
  • Hah, well it was got by someone else!

I thought 'once the dye is cast' was a well know phrase.
  • Yeah David(?) Doak was a Dev at Free Radical.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Larry, Roy, Lemmy, Wendy, Morton, Iggy and Ludwig.
    They are the Koopalings. The Koopa Kids are different, aren’t they? They are the ones that look like Bowser with different coloured shells, I thought.
  • If I Google Koopa kids it opens the 'koopalings' :shrug:

I reckon it's one of those retcon things, like they were called the Koopa Kids in Mario 3 them they called them Koopalings after. Like how the Premiership was changed to the Premier League.

My decision is final!!
  • Absolute scenes, Clive.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!