NMD's Return Of The Quiz Part IV
  • Or did I sell it
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • awesome quiz nick
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cheers pal, I'm enjoying these.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    yup 

'twas a good 'un.

I used to make up quizzes for the works party and it's hard to keep them interesting while not being too easy. Though my audience was usually half pissed.

Wait a minute......
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Every year my wife’s family do a quiz at New Years, last year they did one and the quiz master and I got into an argument because they tried to include a question for me on the history of karate.

I got the right answer because I’ve been studying not just the art but the history and the linage for 25 years. I’ve traced the roots of most styles right back to ancient china and could write a sodding book on it.

They said I got the wrong answer because they googled it and quoted the first incorrect source they found. FFS.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. With my office quiz I usually do a handout with some word and maths puzzles to complete for bonuses. Due to a typo one year one of the puzzles was impossible and I was abused royally for it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Every year my wife’s family do a quiz at New Years, last year they did one and the quiz master and I got into an argument because they tried to include a question for me on the history of karate. I got the right answer because I’ve been studying not just the art but the history and the linage for 25 years. I’ve traced the roots of most styles right back to ancient china and could write a sodding book on it. They said I got the wrong answer because they googled it and quoted the first incorrect source they found. FFS.

I had a similar situation recently where one of my partners friends was trying to tell us all about what US graffiti gang symbols mean (lining/V's/X's etc) and I corrected them discreetly about four times. They were getting pretty adamant about being right. I left it and about ten minutes later at the bar when it was just us I showed him a video I made recently of the library of books on graffiti I have. Fair play to him, once he got over his astonishment that not only do I paint but that i'm practically a scholar on graffiti he apologised and bought me a beer to find out more.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Heh. With my office quiz I usually do a handout with some word and maths puzzles to complete for bonuses. Due to a typo one year one of the puzzles was impossible and I was abused royally for it.

Yeah, I do one in our school regularly and have been lambasted for getting a wrong answer.

• May start putting impossible ones in just for the shits now :)
  • Still remember when my media teacher, who had previously been head of the English department, spelt medicine wrong on the board. Such a good day.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!