Favourite Podcast Games
  • Which games can you play that - I guess - are principally visual that just allow you to listen to some tunes or podcasts while you play?

Does anyone else do this? I feel in the one hand it’s kind of a weird thing to do but on the other hand I sort of resent games that don’t let me play this way - games with dialogue or a plot.

I think my favourites of these at the moment is slay the spire. But I think I used to also do something similar with Pure Pool.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Borderlands 2 and my silly grind to 99 in RPGs have both scratched that itch for me..
  • I play tunes with more games than perhaps I should, but in-the-zone types are best suited to it: Trials, Lonely Mountains Downhill, Supermarket Shriek. Anything where you're trying to improve on your last run, basically. See also Tony Hawk's, Amped, Trackmania etc. The Spotify app is a wonderful thing.
  • Elite Dangerous is the one that springs to mind with podcasts, but only because that's pretty much all the gaming one of my mates does these days. Just endless hours in space; listening to stuff.
  • If I'm doing some grindy type stuff I'll bang one on. E.g. Weekly stuff in Destiny 2 where there is no need to worry about anything being said. Or in an rpg where I'm just rinsing a section to level up.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I was looking at snack world and I feel like it would fit nicely here.
  • I do this all the time. Total War games, Civilization, city builders/management stuff are ideal. I'll have videos, podcasts or streams up on a second monitor to my right, great for playing anything that you can look away from every so often without issue. If it's got a storyline, dialogue, or I just needs my constant focus then I won't though.

One of the great things about PCs I think is the ability to plug in a bunch of displays, I definitely recommend trying it out, also great for having a wiki  or other information up on the secondary display. If you have just the one monitor then I think there are ways to get PIP working for an overlay, though that doesn't seem as good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!