Make it so - fucking shitty
  • That was the worst episode so far.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It's just absolute garbage. Badly written, badly directed, badly edited, badly acted. A perfect storm of fan-fiction nonsense. Which is probably my biggest criticism (just ahead of how fucking boring it all is), none of it makes any sense on any level. The plot is just piss tier. They've dragged a wafer thin plot out to ten episodes, when there isn't really enough narrative to cover one feature length episode. 
    I mean for fuck sake, Picard has now said his fond farewells to ElfNinjaMan on three separate occasions in as many episodes...and yet he's still hanging around like a sick puppy going into the finale. Entire episodes go by where absolutely nothing of significance happens to advance the plot. You could be excused for thinking there was a writers strike going on in Hollywood when this drek was made. Gah!

So we have one episode to go. I fully expect every race in the entire Trek universe to turn up for a final battle with an enemy we've still never seen, at which point Q will turn up, freeze everything, put the dying Picard's consciousness in the convenient Golem body we've just been shown, at which point he'll become the new leader of all synthetic life in the universe. RoboPicard will make a speech, everyone in the galaxy will realise the error of their ways, Q will shout Bravo El Kapitan! and disappear, then everyone will go back to living on Picard's vineyard for the final scene. 
    Tea, Earl Grey, hot. Pats dog. Music swells. Crane out.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I would fucking love it if it played out just like that.
  • Was also expecting him to turn around bow at Seven while saying "Your Highness."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    eff yez all.

It has distracted me for an hour a week. I've been distracted by worse. But I wouldn't go back for series 2.

I think maybe it's that I don't watch modern TV sci fi all that much and I enjoy how slick it all is even though it's pretty vacuous. I can switch the critic off - but then my track record for liking dross is pretty deplorable.

My prediction? The message will be a trap for the synths. The golem will be used on JL.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    eff yez all.
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
  • Star Trek - Picard : the G.Man Drinking Game

Take a swig of romulan ale for every time G was right

- Every Race turns up
    - There's a Final Battle
    - Q turns up
    - Q freezes Time!
    - He puts Picards soul into the Golem body!!!!!
    - Q Shouts 'Bravo El Kapitan!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!
    - Q!!!!!!!
    - Final Scene will be in the Picard Vineyard

Enjoy folks.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Heh. It'll probably be much worse than anything I came up with.
  • Just saw episode 9.The fuck was that shit?? 
    What exactly was Soji's mission anyway????

Uuughhhh fucking drivel
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Just saw episode 9.The fuck was that shit?? 
    What exactly was Soji's mission anyway????

Uuughhhh fucking drivel

To annoy g.
  • Mission accomplished
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just saw episode 9.The fuck was that shit??  What exactly was Soji's mission anyway???? Uuughhhh fucking drivel

You are thinking too hard. Let it go.
  • This reminds me of when Xbox one launched.
    We all knew it were shit and some people stuck with it.
    Despite the games being hyped and people getting hyped about them they were mostly trash.
    People knew this and stuck with them still.
    A couple of decent episodes arrived the racing one and the pirate one but that's it.
    Still people stick with it despite it being shit and better shows being available.

;)
  • Yeh I'm bored
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Tru dat. I loved the Borg in space bit :-D

The bit where the Romulians jettison all the Borg into space after Seven links with the hive mind and shouts 'Noooooo!' after plans are scuppered?  That was a terrible, terrible missed opportunity.  Instead of getting to see a massed pitched battle between panicked Romulians and waves after waves of reawakened Borg drones, we are denied that  and have to watch a 'comedy' scene with multiple holographic characters.

Why on earth did they choose to literally jettison a potentially brilliant fight scene like that?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Why on earth did they choose to literally jettison a potentially brilliant fight scene like that?

bgkjE.gif

SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    The bit where the Romulians jettison all the Borg into space after Seven links with the hive mind and shouts 'Noooooo!' after plans are scuppered?  That was a terrible, terrible missed opportunity.  Instead of getting to see a massed pitched battle between panicked Romulians and waves after waves of reawakened Borg drones, we are denied that  and have to watch a 'comedy' scene with multiple holographic characters. Why on earth did they choose to literally jettison a potentially brilliant fight scene like that?

budget.

Seeing the cube crash would have been good craic too.
  • I tried with that gif, I really did...
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You said it better than I did.
  • It’s a pity that the showrunners didn’t know that Borg can breathe in space...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    TBH I found everything to do with the Borg cube in the last couple of eps disappointing. They're like 'Woo! Let's reactivate the cube!' and then it's quite literally useless. And Elnor - what's was the actual point of his character in the end? Could they not have had the Romulans from the pilot that everyone liked be series regulars and saved themselves the bother?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • That goodbye with the ninja did me in completely. They’d already established that the village was about 10km away. You’re both on the same side, stranded on an alien planet and you’re just going down the road to check out a nearby village. Why in gods name are you doing your fond farewells? Again? Almost nothing about that ninja makes any sense. He was really just crammed in there.

“What if Star Trek but ninjas?”
  • Hunky Captain Beardo has seen Soji before. 10 years ago and it was behind all the trauma that saw him leave starfleet. This identical woman. It looks just like her. He didn’t mention the other one was made up like fucking Goldust though. Missed that part out.
  • I didn’t even notice the line about Soji’s completed mission. That’s infuriated me post hoc.

She was deceived, revealed information that’s doomed everyone, led an armada to her home planet, and got randomly rescued by a stranger. Mission accomplished.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hey - on Friday it will all make sense........   :)
  • Worst writing ever.
  • g.man wrote:
    Worst writing ever.
    Have you heard of a show called Star trek Discovery?
  • Oh I didn't waste my time with that nonsense.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!