Bringing the Outdoors, Indoors
  • Thats right, since we cant really go out, lets bring nature indoors via games.

List away the best titles that make you feel your outdoors when you're indoors. Maybe something on this list will help a fellow badger with their mental state while stuck indoors.

Heres a starter for ten:

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
    Red Dead Redemption Series
    FarCry Series
    Skyrim
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Dear Esther
    Everyone Gone to Rapture
    Breath of the Wild
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Looking out the window.

Also, without wishing to be a grammar nazi at all, could you change "your" to "you're"?
  • Forza Horizon 4. It’s a lot like genuinely being in Edinburgh, but with less tourists.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Opening the window.
    SW-2099-8822-2505 - Boris - Goldenisle - Apples
  • FNF Is like being down the pub with that one drunken mate who makes everyone laugh
    3DS friend code - 4725-7938-9169
  • Going out into nature is probably one of the best things to do to stay healthy and sane, so I think we should do that if it's not too busy and it's easy to avoid contact. That's easy to say if you live in a small town or village with plenty of open country around, but probably not for city folk which is a shame.

If you have a good enough machine to run it Kingdom Come Deliverance absolutely has the most convincing game world that I've ever seen, the woodland in particular never cease to be jaw droppingly beautiful.

Subnautica is a fucking incredible world to lose yourself in, go in totally blind. Also if you are on PC there's a trick to get massively better performance by letting the game only use 4 cores with the task manager.

I really want to get The Long Dark as I think I might love the bleak nature rich survival genre.
  • The Blair Witch Project for those lovely nighttime walks in the woods
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Shit, I keep forgetting I got Kingdom Come on Epic. Really want to play more than just the intro. Do you have the hd textures pack installed? Is it a big hit on performance? My pc is old now and just about manages.
  • Silent Hill for that foggy winter morning feeling
  • Resident Evil 2 for the feeling of walking through Swindon Town Centre
  • Kow wrote:
    Shit, I keep forgetting I got Kingdom Come on Epic. Really want to play more than just the intro. Do you have the hd textures pack installed? Is it a big hit on performance? My pc is old now and just about manages.

Aye I installed the lot, including the HD sound pack (awesome that they did that). No idea about the performance hit, I think if you have enough VRAM it's probably fine, getting it on a fast SSD helps a fair bit I think, NVME if you have it.

It is a beast to run, the towns are the worst in FPS, but out in the woods it's much better and looks incredible.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ohh, the hunting game on game pass is perfect for this. It's not a good game, but it captures the feeling of being in the wilderness perfectly.
  • I'm just hammering mgs5. Don't know that I'd choose Afghanistan for a strole though.

More generally, I'm hammering 4k drone footage of pretty places on youtube with nice music of choice.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Google street view is great. Visit Cambodia.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Talking of Google Street View.

https://www.geoguessr.com

• Endless Ocean on wii.
  • VR, you paupers.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Because toddlers aren't already brilliant at tripping you over at the best of times :P
  • Firewatch
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Firewatch

This.  It’s the choice and use of colour that’s just about perfect.
  • Is the switch version a good one?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anything with a Sega blue sky.

Daytona. :)

We need that guy who sings the soundtrack again.
  • Vela wrote:
    Is the switch version a good one?

Dunno. It suits the machine but I know performance was patchy on PS4 at the start so I’ve always worried the performance mightn’t be too hot. I’ll probably buy it next time it’s cheap on there anyway. Seems like a good fit for holiday gaming.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!