regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So I'm in the process of boxing up and reshuffling a lot of game stuff - the once feverishly sought amiibos (culled early 2017 to fund the Switch) are now in an ignominious blue box in the linen cupboard.
    The 3DS cases are tucked away - helpfully I can keep the carts in a series of cases no bigger than 5 3DS ones.
    Saturn will be going into the attic - sorry to the Denki Bran crew.
    I'm basically coming to terms with the proper move to adult life as we prepare for JR coming.

That being said, what does this have to do with Joe Six-pack on here?
    Well, I'm now not spending any time at all in looking at possible purchases - have not done for a few months, now - so my collections are "as is" to use the correct parlance. The Famicom collection will not grow, but I has what I need.

But with that, there's the little spider biting the back of my neck, Simpsons style, that thinks I probably need (by my reckoning) 2 more purchases to look off my collection.

They are -

A boxed copy of SF2 Turbo on the Super Famicom. I can't believe after XXXX trips to japan I didn't do that.

A boxed copy of Persona 4 for PS2. I feel I need it because of my just complete adoration and hundreds of hours spent in that world over a series of games, but I started on the Vita.

Do you have any nagging urges of things that will make you feel "complete" in a sense? Basically can you sleep at night without the anakin Skywalker sweat sheets gif.
  • I have two boxed Xbox 360 Games, one boxed Gamecube game (but no Gamecube) four boxed PS4 games (three of which are for the kids) and about twelve Gameboy Advance games, only three of which have boxes. 

All good in this hood.
  • I had both of those final pieces. Sold them a couple / few years ago. I think Dubs took my Persona 4. Or could’ve been Persona 3. Either way, I had them.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • In my heyday, I would’ve said my most sought after pieces would’ve been PAL copies of Harvest Moon and Soul Blazer for SNES.
  • I've collected many different sorts of things in my life. 
    I do invariably like to leave a "Grail" piece of whatever it is intentionally un-bought though. Man's gotta have aspirations rather than closure.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Whatever pops in my head first after I’ve scratched the most recent itch
  • There are a dozen or so games missing from my ideal GBA collection but the obsession fizzled out. Final tally of collection I had a whale of a time compiling: 72. It's the only console I've ever actively collected for but a lot of the boxes were ruined when a horde of rats decided to move into my loft. They also did some fat poos on and chewed up plenty of my vintage era games mags, none of which I've ever thrown away (and I used to get pretty much all the Sega ones), so damn it all to hell. I probably should get rid of them now, but I'd rather have a dried urine soaked Diehard Gamefan collection than no collection at all.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If I could go another step beyond those two, that Astro Boy GBA game would be there
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I had both of those final pieces. Sold them a couple / few years ago. I think Dubs took my Persona 4. Or could’ve been Persona 3. Either way, I had them.

I bought your P3.
  • I still have that. :)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wait what
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just need one Fighting Fantasy book from the original Puffin run.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

That's an absolute cunter. Say which one so a nice forumer could maybe help.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

Can I borrow them all?

Such a nostalgia hit. Came across 3 old books in the attic a few months back - titan, out of the pit and dungeoneer. Wonderfully created world. The different gods and characters were fantastic for my junior mind.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I genuinely can't find sensible P4 stuff. How do.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Wait what

Elf has several copies of everything.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aye but will he give me a p4 I think not
  • Lol reg posted again while I was replying re Astro Boy
  • I did find the other day that I had 2 copies of the Criterion Collection Blu-ray of Night of the Living Dead. I think that’s the first time I’ve (accidentally) bought 2 copies of a movie.
  • I was convinced I'd never done it until I found a dodgy No Country For Old Men, a proper No Country for Old Men and a No Country For Old Men/True Grit double pack when I was picking out films recently. I have no filing system for dvds or cds, and 'newest at the front' doesn't help when I haven't bought a dvd since 2013.
  • I've got that same NC/TG double I reckon, £1.99 from cex or something, bargain.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Saturn in the loft?????   Say it ain't so!!!  I have the luxury of a dedicated room so I can horde a bit but it's not a big room so restraint is required.

I'm actually pretty close to being happy with my collection. My cull of 3 years ago saw me go from 800 to 500 boxed games and it hasn't crept up past 550.

SNES collection - pretty happy. Would like to have JP versions of my favourites but - shrug.
    MD collection - same. It's the one console I'd pick something up for if I saw a shmup. A handful of games would be in my list - Gairies, TF2 but not much else.
    Saturn - is pretty much as I'd like it. Anything I don't have has a mental price - not worth it. There are a couple of JP versions of PAL games I'd like such as Baku Baku and Christmas Nights but that's it.
    PS1 - little interest in collecting for this. Some of the JP shooters for PS2 maybe but that's it.
    N64 - slowly converting from PAL->NTSC. It's the only real area of activity with me collecting-wise. I'm about half-way through converting a modest collection of 35.
    GC - happy - could be trimmed maybe.
    DC - happy - would like the odd gem such as Under Defeat but 360 version is cheaper.
    PS2 - have recently gone Japanese but there's only a handful left I'd like. Some PAL upgrades maybe - but only of those few games that didn't get a 60Hz mode.
    Wii - happy - could do with a trim perhaps.
    360 - happy. A JP one would be nice for more shmups but no real drive to go that way.

A small CIB 2600 collection would be lovely - but that's pie in the sky.
    Would probably like to put a MAME cabinet together - but to be honest my PC with an arcade stick + MAME and Steam is a splendid setup for the likes of me. My classic Asteroids Dx has scratched the itch for a cabinet.

I have mistakenly bought a couple of doubles - Cloverfield on BluRay and Tetris Worlds for Gamecube.  I maintain a good knowledge of what I have.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sorry. Real bad cuts
  • regmcfly wrote:
    That being said, what does this have to do with Joe Six-pack on here?

Thanks for using my official title, appreciated.
  • I have a boxed copy of P4. 

Dunno how and when i can get it to you, but if you want it...I can put your name on it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:

That's an absolute cunter. Say which one so a nice forumer could maybe help.

I suspect I'm not gonna get a donation of a book worth over £50!

In all honesty I shoulda just eBayed one years ago. It would have been £30 but will be a lot more now. The good thing is the vast majority of the expensive ones I got from charity shops so it's not like I've invested a lot in total.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Good collection to have, ERE. I’d love to have them. Sweet childhood memories.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    If I could go another step beyond those two, that Astro Boy GBA game would be there
    I got that from Gav, I still smile every once in a while when I see that box. Really happy with that one.

I don't have definitive lists of what I'd still want or need, but some cib JP GBA games are hard to pass by.
  • Aw, that makes me happy.
  • I have both a boxed P4 ps2 and Astro Boy GBA up in the loft... Not selling right now mind, but I never think I have anything of worth and just random crap I like. Are they worth something now then?

My grail was the Astro Boy KAWS original figure, but I'm not paying £2k for one.

These days a 'Sank Toys' resin or vinyl toy would be great, really wanted this one:

littlesank_prison__19430.1563839588.jpg?c=2
  • I owned something that became people’s ‘grail’. I made a heck of a profit on it but I do miss it. It was in my mind beautiful, although most would think it’s ugly. 

It was 1/4 scale polystone mixed media statue of Shin Akuma. Bought for $160 back when it was $2:£1. Sold for £1,250 a number of years later. There were maybe fewer than 100 made as the sculptor (Jerry Macaluso) didn’t know if it would take off. It took a few statues in before it all took off and newcomers started hunting down Shin Akuma to no avail.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!