The Chain - A forum game for bored and boring people.
  • The library bit with the moving bookshelves was part of level 1.
  • Of course Yakuza is a chunky series of games that had its first instalment on PlayStation 2 and a series that has maintained extremely close association to Sony. The first game in that series Yakuza, started as a fixed camera angle game which was remade into a proper camera 3d game for PS4. Not too dissimilar to a series which gained its link to Sony with Final Fantasy 7 which has also been remade into a proper 3D game for PS4 Q2wCZyX5Q5XQKuam9 77295-final-fantasy-vii-remake.png?t=1580048703

Final Fantasy VII remake is currently sat in the room I'm in, and is the stupid edition with the Cloud motorbike figure that cost something like £265.

Also in the room is the Fallout 4 PipBoy edition, which was also expensive and came with plastic tat.

GsTnXpXSiRRlDCVtjkiV1iWjCct0owpoGyHCAGlGSsA.jpg?auto=webp&s=4ceb7adc99d5c91b65c1ff3b10bac459c09c5f3a
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fallout 4 is one of the biggest disappointments /bounce offs I've ever had from a game to its sequel, having put over 100 hours into Fallout 3 and basically rinsed it and all the DLC for gamerscore.

Another mega disappointment that I played for about 2 hours and never went back to after caning the original, which I still play....

51eAdm1k1uL._AC_.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    [That's the ticket. I remember that easy mode - I think it took out the end boss of level 1, for instance - having to , I think, feed Taz by dropping conveyor belt food on him. Right I've got three levels out of 6 - the opening Acme one, the football one and the last one which was star wars. What's the other three without googling.... Was one a library?

First one is in the school - inc. the library.

Level 2 was a Western complete with train section.

Level 3 was Haunted House. 4 was the football one...There was a climbing level with balloons before to the Star Wars level..
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Banjo Tooie was a sequel to Banjo Kazooie. banjo kazooie included parts in it that would have consequence in the later game that hadn’t happened yet. unfortunately this was considered too difficult so they ditched the idea of using The older game to meaningfully relate to the new one.

Just like

151890_front.jpg

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    [That's the ticket. I remember that easy mode - I think it took out the end boss of level 1, for instance - having to , I think, feed Taz by dropping conveyor belt food on him. Right I've got three levels out of 6 - the opening Acme one, the football one and the last one which was star wars. What's the other three without googling.... Was one a library?

First one is in the school - inc. the library.

Level 2 was a Western complete with train section.

Level 3 was Haunted House. 4 was the football one...There was a climbing level with balloons before to the Star Wars level..

I remember them all except the haunted house. The train one was great, you could go through the carriages or over the top. I remember the balloon one needing you to use those spin kicks to bounce off each other and upwards. Quite tricksy.

Now to YouTube to see this haunted house level.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Haunted House had a splendid soundtrack.
  • The Mass Effect series has its own 'day;' N7 day, or November 7th.  Another game that was permanently associated with its own day (in November too, no less) was:

Sonic_2_US_Cover.jpg

... released on November 24th 1992, forever known as Sonic Twosday.
  • The best 16-bit version of SFII: Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition on the MegaDrive
    Street-Fighter-II-Cover-art.jpg

Evil Boss with no Eyes/Pupils on the front cover.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Contro to the Max.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I presume re MD SF2 you are using the non-standard 6 button controller and so are therefore cheating?

RASZ4eH.jpg
  • That was the first SFII I owned, the silver tin. Lost the pin badge, bollocks.

I remember asking my mum for it for my birthday, and proudly showing my grandma some screenshots in a magazine where one of the characters is on fire from Dhalsim and saying, 'look grandma! It looks like real fire, like really real'. Graphics couldn't get any better for me then.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Was grandma impressed?
  • I got the game.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sounds like it was either the game or a box of matches, lesser of two evils and all that
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A few years ago - that very cart was plugged into a 60Hz modded SNES which was hooked up via the miracles of s-video to a projector in work.

It looked bloody great.
  • 10* Turbo on a 60Hz machine was amazeballs.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • nick_md wrote:
    That was the first SFII I owned, the silver tin. Lost the pin badge, bollocks. I remember asking my mum for it for my birthday, and proudly showing my grandma some screenshots in a magazine where one of the characters is on fire from Dhalsim and saying, 'look grandma! It looks like real fire, like really real'. Graphics couldn't get any better for me then.

I distinctly remember making the argument that the graphics capabilites of an Amiga were so good that they will never get any better and this is why it should appear under the xmas tree.
  • Turnns out you were right.
  • I remember telling my parents that the Amiga's sound capabilities were amazing.  I then got one, and didn't realise I had to hook up the RCA cable thing to the TV modulator, so it had no sound output.  When my mum popped into my room and asked me to show her this "amazing Amiga sound" when I was playing Rainbow Islands, I made hasty excuses and panicked.
  • 'You need the 1meg upgrade for that mum. What if I do all the washing up, drying up and putting away for thhh...four weeks?"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!