The Racing Thread of Burnin' Rubber and Being Awesome!
  • The mechanics are there, they should rush in quick and make it a full on racer.
  • That's rough for those involved. Looks like some fingers are being pointed at Codies there.

I've just reread the EG review and it still doesn't convince. It just doesn't come across as a coherant racing game, despite the reviewer's obvious enthusiasm for it. The mention of rubber handing puts me off, why are you pulling tricks to earn boost if you cannot pull away from the pack?

I think there's a market for arcade racers but this wasn't the title to realise it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • You earn points for Boost in some modes.

If you fall to far behind it literally rubber bands you back into the action.. warps.. it's weird.

It's still not got ranked matches either.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It definitely wasn't very well marketed, but I wonder if that was a case of the marketing money being held back after the poor/confused first impressions when it was announced. The concept didn't seem like a winner at all and the beta obviously didn't change that idea.
  • Webbins wrote:
    rubber handing

I'm not playing online with you again.
  • I_R wrote:
    It definitely wasn't very well marketed, but I wonder if that was a case of the marketing money being held back after the poor/confused first impressions when it was announced. The concept didn't seem like a winner at all and the beta obviously didn't change that idea.

The beat convinved me i had played enough and that it were shit.
    Seen all it had to offer on first day.
    Didn't enjoy it much.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    rubber handing

I'm not playing online with you again.

I'd say it was a phone led typo but I'm not so sure myself.

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Now the Crew 2 is being reduced ... Oh dear.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just under £30 a few weeks after release.
    It was a rather unfinished game anyway and first crew game had more content and better looking too.
  • That's trailer you've posted on faceboko.. I bet it looks nothing like that irl.
    The Forum Herald™
  • For Xbox owners, I think Horizon has set the bar extremely high for arcade racers. Do you want a new arcade racer, or are you going to wait for Horizon 4? The latter most likely.
  • Bob wrote:
    That's trailer you've posted on faceboko.. I bet it looks nothing like that irl.

Oh it does (in cut-Scenes)

I haven't watched it, just put it up as a couple of my mates bought the full moran edition. 
    Poking fun at them.
  • Skondo wrote:
    For Xbox owners, I think Horizon has set the bar extremely high for arcade racers. Do you want a new arcade racer, or are you going to wait for Horizon 4? The latter most likely.

Agreed. I think FH has killed the genre for anyone else trying to break in. And standard Forza is still king for sim racers on console. I think Onrush had the right idea – that a car game with weapons/battles is the remaining gap in the market – but it wasn’t enough.
  • Nah fuck off no way a console exclusive on
    A minority console is influencing everything pull your boners out of your ass.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Never having played a Forza Horizon I was going to ask if that was an arcade racer or not? To an outsider it looks to me like one so I can’t understand where all the talk comes from that there isn’t a market for arcade racers? I mean, to me at least, it seems like Horizon is one of the Xbox brands killer apps yet I hear they don’t sell and the market is doomed. Don’t get it...
  • I wouldn't call Horizon an Arcader, at least any more. I feel its found its own place in a middle-ground between it and Sim. Adding boost would change that imo.

It's a game backed by a world-class engine made by a highly talented group of people with amazing resources behind them. They've found a wedge of the pie when the first came out and built and built and built.

Onrush was a fantastic concept brought out of the oven maybe a little too early. If it was supported by the devs, or at least, if the dev team was given support to support the game, we could've had a winner. More tracks and modes and cars in regular updates would've done the trick. Look at how R6S has done.

Whilst we can all sit and say how the marketing didn't get the message across, I think we should look more at Codies pulling the trigger a bit early.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Nah fuck off no way a console exclusive on A minority console is influencing everything pull your boners out of your ass.

Sony seem content to let MS have the arcade/sim market.  FH3 alone pushing 3.8 million copies, why wouldn't they want some of that series' billion dollar rev? 

Strange.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • poprock wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    For Xbox owners, I think Horizon has set the bar extremely high for arcade racers. Do you want a new arcade racer, or are you going to wait for Horizon 4? The latter most likely.

Agreed. I think FH has killed the genre for anyone else trying to break in. And standard Forza is still king for sim racers on console. I think Onrush had the right idea – that a car game with weapons/battles is the remaining gap in the market – but it wasn’t enough.

Forza aint a sim its somewere between a sim and arcade.

Mario kart is king of arcade racers btw,
    But go full fanboi if you want.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Turn the assists off Forza Motorsport and it's definitely a sim.
  • I wouldn't call Horizon an Arcader, at least any more. I feel its found its own place in a middle-ground between it and Sim. .

Its not nearly a sim at all, not even close!
    I appreciate theres a lot of love in this forum for forza and some of it deserved but calling horizon anything but an arcade racer is delusional.
  • Turn the assists off Forza Motorsport and it's definitely a sim.

The same could be said of gt sport!

I was getting at horizon being somewere between sim and arcade, its pure arcade.

Also your bias as fuck about forza anyway, your av gives it away! ;)

Also project cars 2 does a whole lot more than both in the sim genre and is packed full of content and real world tracks too.
    Better than both for sim.
    (asserto corsa is proboubly king sim though)

Mario kart is still king arcade.

• Listen to Digi, Gav, he is the forum Pharaoh of Forza.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Listen to Digi, Gav, he is the forum Pharaoh of Forza.

Just go take your lambo through forrests and over beaches at 170+ and tell me how realistic it is!

(fnf defence force assemble)
  • Ah, yes, how could I be so silly? Hundreds of hours playing it and pretty much every competitor good and bad has left me delusional.

Aye nae bother.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Digi, I thought GT series had always touted itself as the 'ultimate driving simulator'?
  • Also gav onrush was just reallty shit,
    Anyone could tell from the beta etc!
  • Ah, yes, how could I be so silly? Hundreds of hours playing it and pretty much every competitor good and bad has left me delusional.

Aye nae bother.

Its alright you can still paint your cars in black and white stripes!
  • Bob wrote:
    Nah fuck off no way a console exclusive on A minority console is influencing everything pull your boners out of your ass.

Sony seem content to let MS have the arcade/sim market.  FH3 alone pushing 3.8 million copies, why wouldn't they want some of that series' billion dollar rev? 

Strange.

Nah, they're smashing it and that genre is just an irrelevant footnote.

Stay in your (3rd place) lane, where you belong, loser Xboticons.
  • digi wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Listen to Digi, Gav, he is the forum Pharaoh of Forza.

Just go take your lambo through forrests and over beaches at 170+ and tell me how realistic it is!

(fnf defence force assemble)

Just remind the forum how much of the Forza Horizon series you have played.
  • Don't rise to the bait digi. You've had a heart attack + It's just childish shit at the end of the day.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!