Digital Decks. aka #Skate4
  • Anyone else noticed an occasional refusal to recognise that you're holding the A button in this? It's happened often enough for me to wonder of they'll patch it. Could be my pad I guess - even with the button held your character doesn't switch to a ready-to-ollie stance.
  • Yeah I find that often upon starting a level or respawning. Takes a half sec to start accepting inputs. Can be annoying.

Also having trouble sometimes inputting manuals after reverts. Either my timing is shit, my up or down on my dpad is on the way out, or their timing window is skewed sightly. Fuck knows.
  • I always found it didn't register when I was too keen and holding Ollie before the level had started proper. Or maybe that's just what my brain thought
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone else noticed an occasional refusal to recognise that you're holding the A button in this? It's happened often enough for me to wonder of they'll patch it. Could be my pad I guess - even with the button held your character doesn't switch to a ready-to-ollie stance.

Yes! Got me as well.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It's usually at the start of a stage, just seems slightly random how soon it registers the input once the timer starts. Most of the time you can get going immediately.
  • I'm done with this now, definitely one of my most rewarding purchases this year though. The basics have stood the test of time so much better than Cool Boarders.

Having said that I'd probably be day one on an Amped collection.
  • Now we're talking. Would also pay EA £30 for a SSX Collection.

Dave Mirra BMX though. So undermentioned in this Indian summer of xtreem games.
  • So turns out I didn't play 2 ever... As I don't recall hangar or school 2. Ah well. Working my way through it and still having a great time. Focusing on some of the challenges as well and it's so easy to have an hour or two pass without realising
  • Just read that private lobbies for all online modes including free skate is now live in THPS 1&2. Nice!
  • Sons Christmas present arrived:

6ogs23b.jpg
  • Sweeeeeet! I've actually been a big old coward and not taken myself out on mine yet. I'm gonna keep calling myself a coward until I do though!
  • Apparently this board will take my weight so I'm sure I'll be having a go as well! Wonder if I can still ollie
  • TYMa3q2.jpg
    Session just got updated. Love park in Philly added.
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • Cool, need to get back in for some skatin'
  • Fucking loving it btw. You landed any casper/dark slides boozy?
  • I landed that ollie lol.
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • Yas, nailed one.

q7yusK2.gif

What a game.
  • A bit more on the update if anyone's on the fence.

New maps - expanded the NYC Pyramid Ledges including a few more streets, buildings and plazas. There's also as Boozy mentioned the legendary Philly "LOVE" Park, which folk will recognise from pretty much every skate vid ever, or, it was a level in THPS 2. There's now NPC quest givers. Doing the first guys first two sets unlocks all items at the now new Skate Shop, and also another NPC who will unlock you all the items for the item placement mode.

Visually, on the X at least, it's rock solid 4K60. There's now a full suite of camera options, including height/zoom, on board/off board, and grind angles. Also filters and fisheye lenses. There's also a suite of physics options, so you can change truck tightness, pop height, gravity, rotation speed, the lot. Its extremely deep but also massively rewarding. That loop of "find spot, think of an idea, place items, place marker, and go" is still there, and you can lose hours at a single spot messing around with ramps, lights, angles, and time of day. It is just intoxicating to me. Feels incredible when you pull something off.

In summary: it is still the Dark Souls of skateboarding, but when it's this good, it's hard to see that as a bad thing. Get involved, folks. Stunning game. Trial available!
  • Posting and adding clips to this twitter thread daily judt now, can't get enough

https://twitter.com/afgavinstan/status/1355917284842287105?s=19

Today's clip had me doing happy dances when I landed. What a game. A travesty more of y'all aren't in on it.
  • Sweet, I love seeing your footage. And yes, I should play it more. But I'm pretty bad at actually playing things these days
  • Here's some more. Can't get speed in the mini ramp to stall? (transition skating isn't really here tbh)

Make it.
    0aJEw8i.jpg

Makes for some class footage

It's great to see stuff from other players that you'd never even think of on yt/reddit/IG etc, lost hours to that one spot there. Thankfully the game saves where you put items, even glitched ones. The devs encourage it, even. Class.
  • THPS is getting a next gen upgrade, but if you bought the vanilla game on last gen, it'll cost you $10.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-23-tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-2-has-a-convoluted-usd10-upgrade-for-ps5-xbox-series-s-x

They can fuck off. I'd maybe consider it if it meant a doubling of fps for me, but it doesn't, so I won't.
  • Yeah thats a hard no from me.

3 points.

1. Its only been out 5 minutes and isnt the most complex of games, I very much doubt a next gen version has been some huge undertaking.

2. Thats 25% of the main game price. Way too much. If they want some more cash from it do some DLC.

3. If I thought it may support the studio to make more then I might bite the bullet as a show of support but Activision Blizzard already pissed on those chips.
  • Preeeeeeeetty sure it also had "enhanced for Xbox One X" on retail boxes so the amount of work is even smaller. No mention of ray-tracing either.

Fuck all the way off.

Play Session more, Liv.
  • I genuinely tried mate but its just not my thing.
    I can appreciate it but I like the mental high scores of THPS too much.
  • LivDiv wrote:

1. Its only been out 5 minutes and isnt the most complex of games, I very much doubt a next gen version has been some huge undertaking.

It'd take a bunch of tech artists, engineers and QA at least I'd have thought. Not saying it's on par with making a new game but c'mon, it's not just flip the dial up to next gen. Admittedly I haven't read about what's included.
  • https://blog.activision.com/tony-hawk/2021-02/Tony-Hawks-Pro-Skater-1-2-Platforms-Announcement
    Meticulous Next-Gen Upgrades

A true next-gen experience is coming to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S featuring improved resolution, spatial audio, high-fidelity atmospherics, and more.

Skate in super crisp 120 FPS at 1080P, or 60 FPS in native 4K*. Watch the levels come to life like never before with sharper dynamic shadows, reflections, and lens flare, plus enhanced skater textures and more.

Tenner for a patch that looks to me.
  • *sweats in production*
  • I'm not suggesting there is no work at all but given how long it has been since release and the limited improvements (e.g no raytracing), plus the work MS and Sony have done in trying to make the cross platform stuff more seemless it won't be a mammoth undertaking.
    I dont think it would be unreasonable to suggest this could have been folded into the original development budgets.

Then you know Bobby Kotick and his massive salary and all that shit. I very much doubt this money is actually being spent on the work being done. If I could go and give the play tester a tenner I might be more interested.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!