Digital Decks. aka #Skate4
  • NZ method works!

DUN DUN DUN DU-DUN DU-DUN, DUN DUN!!
  • I'm grinning like an idiot at this. Still a little rusty, but getting there. Tuck in, folks.
  • Had to put it down as my alarms start at 0430. They've done a fantastic job. All hail the return of the King.
  • Yesssssss.
    I'm at the pub but about to leave.
    Got some cans at home, so its cans and Tony tonight.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm so tempted to stay up but my eyes have other ideas.
  • Loving THPS so far.
    I hadn't seen it mentioned but they have put in community features for Create a Park.
    So there are featured and most popular parks.

Also they have put in a ton of challenges for all skaters, these unlock cosmetics. I can see parks being made to help enable these. Even one of the dev made parks kinda cheated me to unlocking a couple of bits.

Some challenges are quite specific as well.
    Things like doing all a character's signature moves in one combo. Or getting a certain score only using grab, manual and revert tricks. They tend to be tailored to the character's style as well, so Jamie Thomas has a ton of grind based challenges.
  • Sounds awesome. I'm just having post night shift breakfast (at midday) and will be tucking in
  • Alright thumbs, you've had your warm up, now it's time to wake up!
  • I'd forgotten how much of an arcade racer this feels like sometimes. Areas like downhill or the mall needing reflexes and lines same as Burnout did back then. Refreshing to have the right design after all the recent open world stuff
  • Yeah, the suite of challenges is really cool, tons to get going with. I'll definitely be trying my best to 100% them. Completely forgot about create a park. Doubt I'll ever make anything decent but it'll be good to see what comes out. Also a bit of a sucker for all the Nike, Zero and Almost gear in the store, hopefully there'll be updates for more, but I don't think they've said anything about that.

Class how the lesser-known or shall I say less-remembered songs are indeed very much remembered and I'm humming along with the hooks in them first time.

Can't wait to finish work and go rattle it some more. Levels have to be done one hundo before moving on, as is The Way.
  • Gav, if you want to have a carve about you should check out the pumptrack at cathkin braes, nice smooth tarmac. A few of my old friends have been going lately, i went down to see them but shat out of taking a shot, basically got the fear over my dodgy knees. Then regretted not giving it a go.

https://youtu.be/08FF9wNqwig

No sure how to get that link working
  • Aye, I've a mate that goes there all the time. Definitely would be my go-to spot.
  • I have this now! Just downloading it, Xbox one.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Landed a 50k + combo in tutorial... Man just all comes flooding back
  • It is weird how much comes back playing it.
    Even some of the goals. I knew exactly where TC's roof gap was and to kickflip it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So tempted by this. But so much to play. I’ll wait til it drops to a Chalice.
  • You.... Skipped ahead to 2's levels??? HOW COULD YOU??? :p

Same with the gaps though. Managed to open a secret door in the tutorial level and had a massive once thought long lost deja vu moment.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It is weird how much comes back playing it.
    Even some of the goals. I knew exactly where TC's roof gap was and to kickflip it.

Can't wait to get stuck in once it's fully downloaded

• You.... Skipped ahead to 2's levels??? HOW COULD YOU??? :p Same with the gaps though. Managed to open a secret door in the tutorial level and had a massive once thought long lost deja vu moment.
    Haha, I couldn't resist.
    I quite like how they have split the two games.
  • I’ve never played a Tony Hawk game, should I get this ?

I’m not one for trying to get the best score all the time though. Is there anything in it for me? I loved doing the tricks in 1080 though.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • It's so fucking good yo. Completed the warehouse level but need to get back to work. Not sure about the 'store' stuff and buying new outfits, boards etc but it seems all in game currency? And very easy to ignore.

Also - increasing stats with points... Need to think about what to bump up
  • Ive never played one but i'm mighty tempted to start with this one.  Does it feel like a contemporary game or is it obviously from a different era a game design?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I have not retained any of my skills. I wonder if I smoked a load of weed I'd be able to get back into 19 year old me head zone and git gud again.

Are people making a custom skater from the off?
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I’ve never played a Tony Hawk game, should I get this ?

I’m not one for trying to get the best score all the time though. Is there anything in it for me? I loved doing the tricks in 1080 though.

Absolutely. It's the perfect "easy to pick up, hard to master" game.
    MattyJ wrote:
    It's so fucking good yo. Completed the warehouse level but need to get back to work. Not sure about the 'store' stuff and buying new outfits, boards etc but it seems all in game currency? And very easy to ignore.

Also - increasing stats with points... Need to think about what to bump up

Yeah all the stuff in the store if for your created skaters tbh. I dunno about putting single items of clothing on pros as they have 'costumes'. All currency is earned via the challenges.
    Ive never played one but i'm mighty tempted to start with this one.  Does it feel like a contemporary game or is it obviously from a different era a game design?

Well, kind of. The nostalgia factor is off the scale for me, and it is simplistic in terms of its inputs and what has came since in other franchises but I really do think that the solid as a rock gameplay, smooth as you like performance and frankly beautiful levels make this game stand on its own merits. If THPS were never to happen and this came out today, it'd be a indie smash.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I have not retained any of my skills. I wonder if I smoked a load of weed I'd be able to get back into 19 year old me head zone and git gud again.

Are people making a custom skater from the off?

I'm doing Mullen first for his videos then going back to the start with my guy.
  • Alright, it's all coming back to me now. Every now and then getting into the zone and racking up some sweet combos. I'd say it's definitely an older feeling game but not in a bad way. It's quite refreshing really in the face of modern releases in the way the levels are presented with their time limits and clear goals that you have to search yourself to find all the thingies. No HUD map!

I finished 1 with Mullen and it seems to get the vid for each skater you need to find all the upgrade tokens in both 1 and 2. Think I'm only missing one in 1 that I need to find and I'll move onto thps2 tomorrow

To unlock the bail video you need to do the create a skater challenges so I'll probably do that next. Or maybe one of the female skaters as I'd like to see their vids.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Whats that V collectible high up on the right ramp at the start of warehouse? Was that in the original?

I've also realised that manuals weren't originally in the first game, and I only ever played THPS1 really. So learning those are fun...and tricky.

It's a lovely package though, I'm well into it. Unfortunately I've had actual work to do today so not had long on it. The cheek of it!
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Whats that V collectible high up on the right ramp at the start of warehouse? Was that in the original?

I've also realised that manuals weren't originally in the first game, and I only ever played THPS1 really. So learning those are fun...and tricky.

It's a lovely package though, I'm well into it. Unfortunately I've had actual work to do today so not had long on it. The cheek of it!

That collectable is additional skill points, if it's what I'm thinking of.
  • Nah its a different thing.
    It is the Vicarious Visions logo but I have no idea what it does.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    I’ve never played a Tony Hawk game, should I get this ?

It's like 3D Mario with skateboards in some respects - there are various goals in each level like 'grind on all the picnic tables or whatever'. You only get like 2 mins each time so there's a frantic exploration element. Some of the goals are to get a certain score but there's a satisfying SP campaign, it's not just arcade-style aiming for a high score.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!