Ghost of Tsushima - the PS4's swansong?
  • Yeah, reviews seem to be floating between “decent but nothing mind-blowing” to “pretty good”. Got a “definite buy” from ACG, who I’m often pretty in line with. Doubt I’ll pick it up straight away as open world ain’t my thing, but get it later when there’s a decent deal, like I did with Spiderman.
  • I haven't seen The Last Samurai since it came out and remember quite liking it. Best to stick with the hazy memories?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Think I'll get it cheap on PS5 if at all.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s ok. I watched it recently and it’s the usual Tom
    ACTING since his stint in A Few Good Men (which I still think is a great film). I don’t even think Tom is the main point of the film for me. Don’t really care that much for his character. It’s more the passing of something important in the wake of technology.

Edit @Moot
  • I've never seen A Few Good Men, quite fancy watching that.
  • nick_md wrote:
    How long is it? If it's a tight 6 - 10 hours I could be tempted for £15.
    It's certainly not that. Probably 20 even if you pushed straight through the main missions, and you'd miss out on various upgrades and abilities that way. 30-40 is more likely, with plenty more possible if you want to finish everything.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    No Japanese lip flaps, no sale.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    6 from Jon, 7 from Metro, not even Recommended from Eurogamer... only Edge the old farts remain from reviewers I kinda trust and I reckon they’ll give it a 7.
    It's not 6, it's 3/5. Completely different. ;)

It is still sitting at 84 on Metacritic, but hardly any of the sites I'd usually look at are over 80, and the don't-do-ratings sites tend to be more critical. Which is to say, MC is pretty unreliable.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I've never seen A Few Good Men, quite fancy watching that.

The only film I’ve been to see at the cinema where everyone clapped at the end.  Quite bizarre.
    Get schwifty.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I've never seen A Few Good Men, quite fancy watching that.
    The only film I’ve been to see at the cinema where everyone clapped at the end.  Quite bizarre.

Cos it’s awesome :-)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Gamecentral has given this a 7, but 7 for any open world game is automatically a 9 for me because I love them so much, so I am prepared to look past most of their deficiencies

I'm a sucker for a good open world too. I'm certain I'll love this, the noises being made about the combat are very encouraging and the atmosphere looks absolutely spot on.
  • Ok I have read a few reviews now, including the Eurogamer one, and whilst I take their points about the gameplay being rather too generic and repetitive, I'm the sort of gamer that will never tire of chasing foxes because I want my little Samurai guy to have all them upgrades. Gonna catch them all right?

The Eurogamer review in particular seemed completely churlish when criticising the game for being too bombastic with its visual display at times. I am sorry, but that's what I play videogames for - to be blown away by stunning digital vistas. If a bit of gameplay by rote is the price I have to pay to unlock those, then so be it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • If the combat is fun it's doing the most important thing right.  I never got tired of lopping heads off in Shadow of Mordor.  Solid but repetitive combat can be positive to me, see also Mad Max/Sleeping Dogs/Batman, to name most of the open world games I've enjoyed (add what I played of Spiderman too).  I'll play this one at some point because the samurai stuff appeals more than most of the alternatives.  It's all much of a muchness to me really, I don't think I play enough large map games to suffer from the 'more of the same' feeling, so mostly positive reviews should be fine if I'm messing around with swords.  I didn't fancy Sekiro or the Nier games because of either difficulty (all three) or hours required to finish them (Nier games in particular), would've been front of the queue otherwise.  £19.99 and I'm in for this.
  • Aye, this has got in for a chalice written all over it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    It's a 10. It's his second best after Top Gun.

So many better cruise movies. Too many to name. I could name at least 20 i think.

Tenable style? I’ll let you off with ten go!
    The Forum Herald™
  • g.man wrote:
    Aye, this has got in for a chalice written all over it.

It’s got bitter xboxers posting in the thread all over it
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Aye, this has got in for a chalice written all over it.

It’s got bitter xboxers posting in the thread all over it

[Spits out tea.]
  • Wouldn't know about that Bob. I've owned every iteration of Playstation that Sony has released.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Not sure about a chalice, but I'd buy it for a Bob
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Skill Up loved it. I get the gist of what he liked about it - none of the component parts are amazingly new or anything, but the whole package somehow just works.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice review Jonb. Think TLoUII is the PS4’s swan song and I don’t think I’ll be picking this up. Roll on next gen. Though watching the Ubisoft shit show I’m not sure we’ll be seeing much difference.
  • g.man wrote:
    Wouldn't know about that Bob. I've owned every iteration of Playstation that Sony has released.
    You know exactly what your doing ;)
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    No Japanese lip flaps, no sale.

Yak bros stand tall. *raises fists* *rips off shirt*

Yeah that was a big yikes from me watching the Easy Allies review.
  • Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    It's a 10. It's his second best after Top Gun.

So many better cruise movies. Too many to name. I could name at least 20 i think.

Tenable style? I’ll let you off with ten go!

Jerry Maguire
    Edge of tomorrow
    Collateral
    Rain Man
    Colour of Money
    Fourth of July
    A few good men
    Minority report
    All the right moves
    Risky business
    Tropic thunder
    The firm
    MI 1
    Interview with a vampire

Ok thats more than 10.
  • Best cruise flick is the weird one which was all a dream.
    Spoiler:

Honourable mentions for interview with a vampire and also the one where he's a cult leader with daddy issues. Magnolia, here you go.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Which is the one with the frog rain?
  • Magnolia innit
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ah. I'm not very good at remembering films.
  • Magnolia being the second greatest movie of forever doesn’t even need to get a mention in that list.
  • Whats the best? Cool Runnings?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!