ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    We've all seen desert island discs, pick five records you'd take to an island that consisted of a mound of sand and a single palm tree

Just thinking similar for food, if you could only eat five meals for the rest of your life which would they be and maybe why

Bear in mind it's not Dessert, but hey if that's your fancy crack on
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Roast
    Macaroni cheese
    Beef green pepper black bean sauce
    Morley's chicken
    Sushi

I can probably find some fruit on the island, right?
  • You can actually have all that on the same plate at Cosmo Croydon
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahha, fucking Cosmo, although that said I spent a christmas day in one of Cosmo's relatives in Derby on year, having a truly international christmas lunch

edit2: can;t argue with any of those dishes though, having spent a lot of time in south london, I might choose the proper independnt places that rather than clone FFC like Morleys, try and clone Morleys by calling themsleves Mmmmmm.., true nature of hand me downs

edit: the desert islnad I always think is one of these

RhymesDesertReaper.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It's a magical place, went end of last year. Think I had oysters, roast, some black bean, plate of sushi, breaded prawns, bit more roast, and some noodles. Fucking painfully full and a slow waddle back to SE London after.
  • Mum's Sunday roast
    Curry from chaakoo
    Five guys
    Paesano Pizza
    any Sticky Toffee Pud w/Mackie's vanilla
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Where's chaako?? I recognise most of the other words used, just intrigued what makes them great?

Not in a challenge way, in a tell me more way
  • Five Guys is a fucking shout.
  • International Buffets can go in a dustbin.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Where's chaako?? I recognise most of the other words used, just intrigued what makes them great?

Not in a challenge way, in a tell me more way

Bombay cafe styled curry house in Glasgow. Their butter chicken is heavenly and I'm fighting back tears thinking about it hitting my lips again. Oh man it is just the best.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Full English Breakfast
    Roast Dinner
    Spaghetti alle vongole
    Pizza with mozz, basil and anchovies
    Proper boozy Tiramasu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    International Buffets can go in a dustbin.

hahaha, I can see where you;re coming from. But without it I'd never have seen my missus' grandma give me what basically amounted to a turban as a christmas gift

I laughed it off

edit: should probably have thought twioce about giving her a washing machine and a fridge freezer though, cnut
  • Franco Manca #5 also troubling my list:

Organic tomato, garlic,
    oregano, capers,
    Kalamata black olives,
    Cantabrian anchovies
    & British mozzarella

...this is tough.
  • International Buffets can go in a dustbin.

The food is low quality but the sheer Frankenstein plates everyone has worth it.

Anyway, Fish & Chips with cod and a battered sausage also troubling my list. I need to give this some thought.

Full English another strong shout.
  • Early morning: Full English breakfast (but halal-ified, so replace pork with chicken, beef or turkey or some such) with freshly squeezed orange juice followed by freshly brewed coffee and a selection of pastries 

Mid-morning: protein shake made with frozen yoghurt, vanilla ice-cream, banana, whey protein and peanut butter

Lunchtime: big fat lasagne with full-fat Coke

Teatime: fresh coffee with scones

Dinner: full Lebanese meal of kofte shish with vermicelli rice and related dips and salad, with baklava for afters with mint tea
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Where's chaako?? I recognise most of the other words used, just intrigued what makes them great? Not in a challenge way, in a tell me more way
    Bombay cafe styled curry house in Glasgow. Their butter chicken is heavenly and I'm fighting back tears thinking about it hitting my lips again. Oh man it is just the best.

Sounds great, used to have a little place in Derby with crazy early evening deals that ran until 2100, so wow. And taking there food home with me afterwards and eating more tomroow, and a half decent wine selection. They were my god for so long, like weekly it was almost as cheap as an M&S meal deal

edit: not saying they deserve a star, but they were bloody great https://www.spicelounge-friargate.co.uk/
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I do think a good kofte would make my five, such a great thing when done right
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dim sum with Szechuan chilli oil.

My own roast, sorry mum wasn’t the best cook and mine is best.

Dirty Caspian Pizza (Bombay Bad Boy).

The ex’s smoked mackerel pate on melba toast.

Lamb keema.
  • Oh man, this is tricky and the moment I think of five, another five probably want to muscle in.

Toad in the hole, proper homemade Yorkie pud and onion gravy.
    Steak and chips.
    Roast lamb dinner.
    Doughnuts.
    Proper non boozy tiramisu like whatta I learna to make in Parma.

There's loads more but that's a quick, easy five.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Good thread!

Roast dinner (pork with crackling) with Yorkshires.
    My kids homemade carbonara.
    Homemade Chilaquiles with my pico de gallo.
    Warm biscuits with top notch vanilla ice cream.
    Ribeye over coals, home done triple cooked chips, pepper corn sauce and fresh salad (olives and mozzarella a must in here) with ketchup and vinegar for when i fancy slumming down.

One drink to go with all this?
    Traditional lemonade.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If I served elf's kofte on Boris' keema would that count as one dish???
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    gnocchi alla sorrentina
    margherita pizza
    Fish and chips
    Cheeseburger and fries
    Bucatini carbonara
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Roast lamb dinner

Thank you

So many have said "roast dinner", at least yo umade a choice about which (and the correct one in my head)

that said please let your yorkie pud make it onto this plate
  • Full breakfast. Must contain hash browns and a fried slice plus the usuals. With buttered bread not toast.

Chicken pathia, garlic naan, mushroom rice, onion bhaji, sag aloo.

Fejoida with fried potatoes.

Goat curry with all trimmings and extras.

Christmas dinner.
  • My mum's mince pies.
    The stuff of legends. These are perfect mouth sized things of beauty. Heaped in nostalgia. I will get through dozens of these things each christmas.

Bodeans with ma boys.
    Mixed sharing platters all round, slightly too much to comfortably eat but eat away. Pretend its someone's birthday so my mate P can charm some shots out of the waitress.

A round of pints.
    Decent quality but not craft lager. Moretti, Hop House 13, Camden Hells etc. Must be a round because that implies company.

Kids lunch
    Tuna sandwich made with white bread and cut into little triangles. Side of Skips and a Penguin. Washed down with orange squash. Crisp and chocolate biscuit choices are changeable.

Tom Yum soup and summer rolls.
    From the cafe attached to the asian supermarket I used to go to at lunch.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Although I'm missing Mexican, and I love Mexican. I might have to sub something out for tacos al pastor.
  • I don't like roast turkey as much as beef (horseradish!) or lamb (mint sauce!) or pork (apple sauce!) but I do have a special love for Xmas dinner (cranberry!).
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    My mum's mince pies. The stuff of legends. These are perfect mouth sized things of beauty. Heaped in nostalgia. I will get through dozens of these things each christmas

there are two religious foods I could eat all year, and neither of them are "the body of christ", mince pies and hot cross bins are both godlike, cracking choice, also I might have to show up around late november when the first bunch are coming out. London tsock sorted
  • cockbeard wrote:
    My mum's mince pies. The stuff of legends. These are perfect mouth sized things of beauty. Heaped in nostalgia. I will get through dozens of these things each christmas
    there are two religious foods I could eat all year, and neither of them are "the body of christ", mince pies and hot cross bins are both godlike, cracking choice, also I might have to show up around late november when the first bunch are coming out. London tsock sorted

You should taste mine.  Beyond legit.  Send me a reminder in November and i’ll post you some.  I put fresh orange juice and rind in the pastry.
  • I wish I’d thought of christmas dinner rather than just a stupid normal Sunday roast.  Christmas dinner is basically this all the way up to 11 plus a goose or duck.
  • Changing mine to a roast dinner medley
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!