Gaming bucket list
‹ Previous12
  • I’m pretty sure this thread exists, but couldn’t find one when searching for a bit, apologies if I’ve missed it.

During all this, I’ve decided (despite having less free time than before...) to try and complete some games I always meant to go back to, or completely missed the first time around. Never owning a SNES - megadrive kid - means it’s all 16bit era so far, and all RPGs. I actually own these games already in some form and just never got past the first few hours. Being portable is also kind of integral for me...

Current list:
    • Chrono Trigger (DS)
    • Final Fantasy VI (GBA or ps1/vita)
    • Earthbound (3DS)
    • Dragon Quest V (DS)

What games would you like to have finished but never got around to, or completely missed and want to see what the fuss was about?
  • Mine’s becoming more of a “fuck it” list. Maybe I’ll find time to play them when I’m retired.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Mine will include:

Planescape Torment
    Baldur’s Gate games
    Fallout / 2

Clearly I was never, and still am not, a PC gamer. 

Will try and play this year due to amaze love in recent B&B GotDecade poll:

Mass Effect 2
    Portal 2
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Mine’s becoming more of a “fuck it” list. Maybe I’ll find time to play them when I’m retired.

Lol, yeah agreed, there’s a lot of new stuff I get about 10 hours into then just can’t be motivated to finish. They’ll be in future lists maybe...

• hylian_elf wrote:
    Mine will include:

Planescape Torment
    Baldur’s Gate games
    Fallout / 2

Clearly I was never, and still am not, a PC gamer. 

Will try and play this year due to amaze love in recent B&B GotDecade poll:

Mass Effect 2
    Portal 2

Yeah I’ve never owned a PC (Mac kid as well as megadrive kid) but also no real interest in PC gaming anyway.

Mass effect 2 is pretty cool though (maybe not as much in retrospect tbh) but Portal 2 is legit still great.
  • Final Fantasy VII, I'm currently about 10 hours in, this is my second attempt.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Persona 3
  • To be honest, there are tonnes I want to play if I have time. It’s why I was hoarding, thinking I’ll get time one day. Maybe I will, but I’ve mostly given up and sold most of my Pile. eBay has £1 final value fee offer this week so I’ll spend this weekend putting more shit up.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I want to live long enough to see the end of FF7 remake
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    To be honest, there are tonnes I want to play if I have time. It’s why I was hoarding, thinking I’ll get time one day. Maybe I will, but I’ve mostly given up and sold most of my Pile. eBay has £1 final value fee offer this week so I’ll spend this weekend putting more shit up.

I did that, starting offloading about 10-12 years ago.

Collection is probably 1/10th of what it was at its peak.

You'll feel better for it, it can be quite liberating.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'd really like to play The Last of Us. It remains the only reason I'd ever buy a PlayStation, but it's never going to happen.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I live in the present and for the future, no regrets, never go back.

Goes to Retro Club Thread
  • nick_md wrote:
    Goes to Retro Club Thread

My man o/
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I think I've pretty much given up on anything I haven't played by now. Unless they do proper remasters/remakes of some things, like Demon's Souls.
  • I've not had a PlayStation since the PSone, as I've been quite firmly in the Xbox camp, so have missed a heap of Sony exclusives. Fully intend to buy the PS5 though, and catch up on various titles, backwards compatibility permitting. Bloodborne is probably top of that list, along with Last of Us.
  • I have less of a desire to go back and play something ps3/360 era, or even current gen really. Those are the easiest to purge definitely. I find it hard to purge portable games for some reason, especially Nintendo games.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ok, here's my real list -

Glover (N64)
    Chrono Trigger (everything)
    Siren Blood Curse (PS3)
    Persona 5 (PS4)
  • Ohhhh right Persona 5. Why the hell didn’t they put it out on switch?! I’ve got about 10 hours into it 3 different times.
  • Errr I thought Reg played Persona 5 or is playing now?
  • I'd still like to give Majora's Mask one more go, but most of my long term bucket list games can quietly slide off it. I'll admit defeat with Grim Fandango and Metroid Prime.

I'd definitely like to play Four Swords Adventures in four player, and Mario 3D World with two or more. Chuffed it's coming out on Switch.

Edit: I'd play Silhouette Mirage on a Saturn emulator. I assume the PS version wasn't as good but I've never bothered to find out. I'll also brave the Jpn only Treasure boxing game on GBA. Hajime no Ippo? That's probably a terrible stab at the title, apologies.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Errr I thought Reg played Persona 5 or is playing now?

I am playing. At tsubasa and having issues.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I live in the present and for the future, no regrets, never go back.

Mantra.

Edit. Shit it. Forza Horizon 2.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • If this is was more "one thing you have to own before you die" then I have to say a twin-cab Outrun 2 machine. Once the kids move out I'll make it happen.

Never been a PC Gamer since the turn of the century, when the most advanced thing I could play was The Settlers 2, so there's reams of stuff on there I'd love to try eventually. But the next gen will come first. Will probably get a decent-ish laptop at some point in the next 24mths.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I live in the present and for the future, no regrets, never go back.
    Mantra. Edit. Shit it. Forza Horizon 2.

I am actually enjoying revisiting nes/snes/md, and always will I think, but things between that so golden of ages and the present (whenever it is) can be ignored.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'd definitely like to play Four Swords Adventures in four player, and Mario 3D World with two or more. Chuffed it's coming out on Switch.

What is?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • There are just so many good games these days I just know I'll not get round to the older stuff. Even the games that imitate old styles do it better. I always meant to play Symphony of the Night but I just know it's not going to be as good as Hollow Knight. I've just discovered Dead Cells. I've still got 600 more hours to put into Slay the Spire. I might play some old school arcade shooters but I doubt I'll even get round to that.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What is?

SM3DW, I think.
  • So is Sunshine iirc.
  • And 64 and Galaxy by all accounts.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My list would consist mainly of shmup 1CCs...

would like to 1CC these..
    DoDonPachi
    DDP DOJ
    DDP DFK
    DDP SDOJ
    Deathsmiles
    Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 and Black Label (both Original Mode)
    Castle Shikigami 2
    Sexy Parodius
    Espgaluda I and II
    Layer Section
    Gunbird 2
    Radiant Silvergun
    Fantasy Zone
    RType

But also :

100K on Asteroids Dx
    Mario Galaxy 2
    Cosmic Smash (longest path)
    Cannon Spike
    Break 1'30'' in 40line Tetris
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    F-Zero X on Master
    Unlock all the F-Zero GX tracks
    Ico and SoTC
    1CC a Metal Slug - 1 or X
    Odama
    Portal 2
    Break 9999 on Super Breakout Progressive mode
    Beat all levels in Tempest and Tempest 2000
    100K on Kaboom! @NTSC speed
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Final Fantasy VII - played about 20 mins of the original. Didn’t click with me at the time but I still want to try it now.

Despite having started many many many games I have never finished a Civ.

I’d like them to remake Wind Walker again. I got very close to the end but never actually finished it. I could always dig out the Wii U.

‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!