The Greatest Hit 2.0 - 'blimey I haven't heard them for a while!'
  • Olimite wrote:
    I couldn’t pick just one song.

Pick two then toss a coin.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Plenty of craft went into the Ren track and I still think it's decent but I must admit that my favourite thing about it now is how much people who hate it HATE it.

I like the idea of it, but the guys voice makes me want to drive a railroad spike through my head.
  • I cant stand it, sorry.
    I'd happily listen to him talk about his story but that video is a bit too student theatre for me.
  • The video doesn't help.  It's a bit like a showstopping season finale for Julia Jekyll & Harriet Hyde.
  • ...and this song started it all. Martin Carr has been my hero ever since.

This entire post was great, btw.
  • Agree. The track's not bad either.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Agree. The track's not bad either.

pff. not bad.

It's up there, probably in my top 5 favourites.  But it's certainly the most important.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Enjoyed trying to pick something but I've chucked everything out and decided on this at the last minute.  No notes other than it's a beauty that hits with the feels.

• Was thinking what obscure thing can I pick that'll make everything think Ooo, but I think just going for a classic that may be new to some folks is better. Sun's out here in Dorset atm too and the vibes it's bringing made me pick this out of my Spotify liked list.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sheer sonic beauty. Oft copied but none come close to the majesty of this. How anyone thought they could cover this baffles me.  Akin to trying to give the Sistene chapel a 2nd coat.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    One song you'd like people to listen to and why.  Doesn't have to be a favourite, just something you think deserves to be heard.

Check out Daft Punk's new single ‘Get Lucky’ if you get the chance. Sound of the summer.

Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm going to put on "Gravity" by The Superjesus. Not sure if I've put It on before, but I only ever heard it through my horrendous bar work and every time it came on it perked me up. It's got mad 2000 energy but the chorus is insanely catchy and they're trying to be Australia's version of Garbage / Hole. I really love it for no real reason, but it's a song I'd like more people to engage with.

• My contribution is Hong Kong by Gorillaz. Originally included as part of the 2005 "Help" Album (well worth a listen if you haven't heard it), it was later included in "D-Sides" (apparently a slightly different version, which I haven't checked out yet). Kinda sums up for me the progress Albarn made with his musical repertoire since the early Britpop days.

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The "other" version may or may not be below, who knows? It may or may not be so fucking similar that any sane person would call it the same fucking song. Any sane person.
    Spoiler:
  • That is one song.
  • Technically right yet wrong at the same time, dammit
  • Have you listened to it? Have you listened to the other version? It’s the same song.
  • Different versions you say?
  • Fine, fucking fixed it. Ffs.
  • I was just being an arsehole, this isn't exactly the strictest thread for rules.

One song tho.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm going to put on "Gravity" by The Superjesus. Not sure if I've put It on before, but I only ever heard it through my horrendous bar work and every time it came on it perked me up. It's got mad 2000 energy but the chorus is insanely catchy and they're trying to be Australia's version of Garbage / Hole. I really love it for no real reason, but it's a song I'd like more people to engage with.

You've posted about it before, not sure if in this thread tho. I love it.
  • Cold Beverage - G. Love & Special Sauce

Because today is the 30th anniversary of G. Love’s debut album, this was the single from it, the only track to get a video, and it’s been a damn hot day.

I know it’s prime ’90s white-boy middle-class hip hop blues shtick, but to be fair … it’s funky as hell and hardly anyone does it better.
  • Heh, I liked that album. Haven't heard it for about 20 years.
  • Because of this guy, I called Georgina G Love for the longest time when we first met. Weirdly enough, though, this tune rings no bells at all.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Good week all.  We go again!

Pick some tracks by an artist you used to listen to loads, then stopped for one reason or another.  Not necessarily something you fell out of love with, just stuff you drifted away from/half forgot about.

obiwan.gif
  • Blink 182.

A gateway band for sure. Went off them when they went emo and then just stopped listening to the older stuff.
    This was probably the last track of theirs I was excited to see released.

There are quite a few in this category of pop punk gateway kinda stuff. The Bloodhound Gang were a big one, still chuckle at some of the lyrics but fucking hell, wouldnt fly now.
  • That Matt Skiba era albums are really good (and honestly he's a better singer than Tom De Longe, even if De Longe's voice is a big part of the big Blink albums)
  • Ive not listened to the Skiba 182 stuff, might give it a go. I liked Alkaline Trio back in the day. That is another band for this.

Just reminded me of Rise Against as well.
    Loved this song back then.

• This is a suitable topic for me, as Rise Against came up last night. Apparently they are touring, not listened to an album since The Black Market (though there have only been 2 since then) and not heavily since Endgame. No real reason, still like them.

Anyway, here are some songs showing their two sides

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!