The Greatest Hit 2.0 - 'blimey I haven't heard them for a while!'
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Miley has a ton of great tracks.
    Is anyone surprised Dante likes a ton of tracks by *insert name* ?  I wonder is there anyone he doesnt like....

Plenty, you just need to name someone shit. Like Kid Rock, or Amy Winehouse.
  • I like before he cheats by Carrie Underwood.

I find it hard to dislike someone as soon as I heard a song I like by them.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Miley has a ton of great tracks.
    Is anyone surprised Dante likes a ton of tracks by *insert name* ?  I wonder is there anyone he doesnt like....
    Plenty, you just need to name someone shit. Like Kid Rock, or Amy Winehouse.

Forgot you didnt like Winehouse - genuinely surprised on that one.

Kid Rock less so. He ruined the Undertaker.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Does Midnight Sky from Miley Cyrus count then? I never thought Id have her in a playlist of mine!
    That was one I was thinking of too, although I think she has a pretty strong voice, just has to fit the right song. I also liked that one she did with ... Mark Ronson I think?.., Nothing breaks like a heart. I havent given her near enough attention songwise so I reckon there might be some good tracks in her song list.

I’m also a big Miley fan.

I like Midnight Sky, but I feel it’s an obvious attempt to follow up the success of Nothing Breaks Like a Heart – it’s in the same style but not quite as good.

I mean, I bought it. But it’s second-tier below NBLaH’s god tier.
  • poprock wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Does Midnight Sky from Miley Cyrus count then? I never thought Id have her in a playlist of mine!
    That was one I was thinking of too, although I think she has a pretty strong voice, just has to fit the right song. I also liked that one she did with ... Mark Ronson I think?.., Nothing breaks like a heart. I havent given her near enough attention songwise so I reckon there might be some good tracks in her song list.
    I’m also a big Miley fan. I like Midnight Sky, but I feel it’s an obvious attempt to follow up the success of Nothing Breaks Like a Heart – it’s in the same style but not quite as good. I mean, I bought it. But it’s second-tier below NBLaH’s god tier.
    Oooh man I didn't know Miley sang NBLaH. I really like that one too.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Travis have just come on to BBC4 (which has become a mainstay of a Friday night in our household) and have reminded me of a swathe of artists from my uni era that I bypassed:

Stereophonics- Local boy in the Photograph. There's something about this song I love and I still like to hear it. Decent and poignant lyrics too

I know this will be controversial with Reg but I'm going with The Manics-Motorcycle Emptiness. This probably makes one of my top 50 songs but I feel that once Richie died lyrically they mistook a chorus for just repeating the title of the song 3-4 times.

Feeder - Summers Gone feels like an unconventional Feeder song to me as it's not shit!

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Best version.

Summer of '69 for me, I reckon.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Never been much of a fan of U2 but I reckon they'd have a strong 6-track sampler of bangers.

Seeing as Achtung Baby alone has 11 bangers I reckon your a little out.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Oh and Dave Bowie and the Dave Bowie Band - Sound N' Vision.
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Never been much of a fan of U2 but I reckon they'd have a strong 6-track sampler of bangers.

Seeing as Achtung Baby alone has 11 bangers I reckon your a little out.

U2 have one song they recycle, The Edge™️ has ALOT of effects pedals.
  • I think I blew my load too early in this round.
    I cant think of anything even close to as fitting as Crazy Horses.
  • Yeah, I'm really struggling with this round tbh. Not many acts I actively detest, and of the ones I do, they certainly don't have a song I'd consider a belter.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It is easy to slip into one hit wonder territory.
  • It will upset some here but Jimmy Eat World come close with two songs.
    Bleed American and The Middle are great, dont much care for their other stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Surely Oasis must have a good song, but I'm struggling to think of one.
  • Oh wait.
    I knew there was a Nu Metal track I was forgetting.

Dig by Mudvayne is an all timer, everything else they did was utter shit. Before you ask yes this is the good track lol. This video got banned from TV because of the bloke painted up like the devil, simpler times.

Somebody else said The Bravery as well which is a good shout. I hear they were diabolical live.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It will upset some here but Jimmy Eat World come close with two songs.
    Bleed American and The Middle are great, dont much care for their other stuff.

Up against the wall with you.
  • I used to fucking hate Duran Duran, I have a slight grudging respect for some of their stuff now in hindsight, but even when I did hate them I had to admit Ordinary World was a banger.

Actually now I write that, Ordinary World in itself isn’t that much better than some of their others, I guess that was more a banger out of nowhere from a band thought of as washed up. This is going nowhere, probably shouldn’t hit Pos
  • Generic, wanky, indie, haircut twats but this was a banger.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I hated Duran Duran because my sister loved them. Nowadays I whack on the best of quite regularly. Dat JT bass on Rio. Phwoar.
  • Basically because my sister liked them, too. I was a Jam fan to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. Except early Style Council.
  • Yeah I quite like a bit of Duran Duran. Girls on Film is good fun.
    Ordinary World is one of those 'tracks you thought somebody else performed'.
  • JMW wrote:
    Basically because my sister liked them, too. I was a Jam fan to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. Except early Style Council.
    I was going to suggest Weller as a future round but wasn't sure there would be any interest.
  • I was about as big a fan as you could get, I was at the last ever Jam gig but even I lost interest a while ago.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's isn't anyone I really dislike which is what makes it tough. Now genres that's different. Rap music just doesn't do it for me. Some folk here have kindly posted a few things for me. To me rap is poetry. That's fine and dandy. I just don't like the delivery.

However I'm sure there are some rap tracks I would enjoy if I thought about it.

Is Jump Around / House of Pain valid in that respect? That's my pick if it is.

Bonus points for the St Patricks day parade video. It and the music sort of capture the fucking manic way Irish people like me think and how we relate to drink and a good fucking rumble when we are younger and have fire in our gut.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Hous of Pain had a few decent tracks but played a bit too much on the old Irish thing to cringe point.
    The main guy Everlast had a few good tracks, I still like this.

And of course DJ Lethal went on to be in Limp Bizkit. Make of that what you will but I enjoy some Limp Bizkit shenanigans.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's the only thing by them I ever heard. I suspect they are about as Irish as the Queen's tits anyhow.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Mark Wahlberg Irish
  • Say hi to your mother for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!