Genshin Impact
  • Clearly just in the tuturial stage now, but this will do for a while as a chill out.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Japanese VO is way better.

Does it not have a Mandarin track?
  • It does. And Korean. I might switch between all but English.
  • Just saying, it’s not fair but I’m gonna assume anyone using Japanese for this is both a weeb and a massive racist. You heard me.
  • Between this, Neon Abyss and Gunfire Reborn, Chinese devs be killing it recently.
  • Yeah, Mandarin voice track here, but Japanese would be a much better stylistic fit and is probably what the devs are using tbh. Being y'know, a bunch of massive weebs and all. Edit: Might switch to Japanese tonight...

Played a bit more last night, went hunting some anemoculus, polished off a few quests, explored a bit more of the map, hit AR 12, got access to daily challenges, and enjoyed every minute of it.

This whole thing is just comfort food to me.
  • It's a bit moreish this.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Woohoo! Just got Jean.  :)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've watched so many Youtube videos lately my head was starting to spin. I do know that saving and buying a 10 wish bundle does not equal better odds. Just roll 1 a day (from the Primogems you earn). And roll the Venti banner because of the higher drop rates. Any time you hit a 4*, the 1 in 10 chance resets itself. 

I know this because everyone more knowledgable than i said so. And still i managed a 5* sword and Jean 5* in 2 days. Off the Venti banner! A weapon that matches the character....sometimes RNG smiles upon you.  

If you're curious, i have only paid £4.99 for the 30 day boon thing. A small amount for what equates to a free roll every other day. I've been tempted to throw some RRP money at it, given the hours of enjoyment its given me, but i don't wanna get into a money versus reward mindset. 

I was already happy with my set-up, then the game gave me a top tier weapon and one of the most sought after characters within the space of 2 days. Oh joy!! Only now i have to re-think my whole team, my elemental resonance, my goals.

The game that keeps on giving. And it cost nothing.
  • Nice! I got that blessing for the daily primogems as well and I'll probably top it up, but I won't be putting money into the gacha system, especially considering how generous the game is with the various ways to acquire fates. 

Got to AR 16 today, ticked a couple more quests off and had a brief look into the second region. Just beautiful. 

I've ascended my twin and Barbera, and I'm running those two with Razor and Ningguang for the most part, switching in Amber or Kaeya when I need their elements. Levelled up a few key artifacts and damn they've made a difference.

The combination of Razor and Barbera are doing most the heavy lifting in my team, but I really wanna get to AR 20 and go for Xiangling after trialling her in the charming cook-off mission. She's fucking great. 

Having a grand old time, all told.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Barbara that they give you for free is like a lottery win unto itself. She is amazing, and Water mixes with so many elements for your de-buffs. Just remember that her team heal is based on her own HP, so give her alllllll the HP boost artifacts.  ;)

Xiangling i got from a drop, but yeah you can earn her at a certain rank. Have you completed her trials? I'm pretty sure thats a requirement.

I played an hour or so early evening because i wanted to see what Jean was all about. Trust me, the jump from 4* to 5* characters and their abilities, DPS, utility, is ridiculous! The only downside will be you need dupes to open up the constellations, and thats where the individual characters shine! I have 3 slots open on the main character, but she's pale in comparison to a vanilla Jean.

Everyone raves about Fischl, and yes, she does insane burst DPS, and the ranged auto-arrows mean you don't even have to pay attention. But thats not how i like to play these games. I like dodge-and-move. Decoy. Flame Bear. Hit em in the back! Its so satisfying.
  • Perverts itt.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Sure you can check out the undergarments when you're gliding. But when you climb BoTW style and rotate the camera for a perv shot, the character fades out. No lie. Patch 1.1 is gonna add a 'I am 18 years or older' tick box so you can oggle that perfect ass. lol! I kid you not.

And that is why i think this game will be ignored by most as a "give me your credit card, so you can perv on anime waifu and pay everytime something new comes along". When its very much the opposite of that. I don't think i've ever been this invested in an RPG before. And to date i've spent £4.99.

I didn't know anything about this game until it was a week into its full release. I knew it was generating big numbers with popular streamers, so i did a little research, and realised its exactly the kinda game i love to get lost in. No traps. Just a solid RPG-loop gameplay - go here, kill that, etc. Yes, its a shameless rip off of many other titles, but if you're gonna do it, why not steal from the best.

Look i'm not here to convert anyone. I'm having a wonderful time, and its probably my favourite game of this year. Before you jump down my throat, 'favourite' is not the same as 'best'. 

The bad rep of gacha/lootbox/FP2 games is undertandable, because everyone assumes its pay to win (which you cannot - see all the videos on Youtube of streamers spending $600 and still didn't get the character i got for free). RNG is bitch! But its misguided. At least with this game it is. I wouldn't say that if i saw a pay-wall approaching. Its a brilliant $100 million dollar product that plays like all the BIG games do. And it never once asks you or prompts you to pay. Not once! 

Anyway i'm sorry for waffling on. I only post when i really like a game, and i love this one!
  • It makes it kinda hard to pay, a lot. I had to go hunting. I doubt I'll spend anything on it for now, and it hasn't got proper hooks in, but it's rather pleasant, generally.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    It has a very jolly vibe, and the simple structure of the early game along with the easy combat is clearly designed to make you feel at home and comfortable. 

But i'll tell you now, the game has depth: there's elemental reactions, resonnance, synergy, DPS, healers, support classes. Its all here. Standard RPG fare, but done with care and thought. 

Its not just "throw water, add ice = frozen" the amount of variations and their multipliers are plentiful. Your early team might not be able to do the best debuffs, and your DPS may be lacking, but once you put in the hours, everything evolves. Then you start choosing your faves. Then you do a wish (the freebies) and you get a new character who changes the whole dynamic of your team. Its constantly shifting. But all of them are viable, and you get so many for free! I can't stress that enough.
  • The fact it's anime is enough to turn me off. Other than that it looks great.
  • Curtis wrote:
    Barbara that they give you for free is like a lottery win unto itself. She is amazing, and Water mixes with so many elements for your de-buffs. Just remember that her team heal is based on her own HP, so give her alllllll the HP boost artifacts.  ;) Xiangling i got from a drop, but yeah you can earn her at a certain rank. Have you completed her trials? I'm pretty sure thats a requirement.

Yeah top reminder, cheers. I've levelled up Barbara's health as much as I can and her team heal is crazy good. I got a second Barb from another free gacha pull so I was able to unlock the first node on her constellation, but it looks like the good stuff all comes at the end. 

Xiangling's event card is saying I gotta get to AR 20 and complete floor 3, chamber 3, of the Spiral Abyss to get her. Only AR 16 atm, but that's cool though as this event is permanent.

I've done the other trials to get a taste of these 5 star characters, and while Venti seems fantastic, I'd agree with you on Fischl. I'm not entirely sold on how she feels. If I get her, great, and I've no doubt I'll make use of her skills as my familiarity with the game deepens, but right now I'd prefer to play as others.
  • Afternoon, I have Xiangling with 3 constellations unlocked and Fischl with 2. They are definitely the engine of my party.

Which quest do I get Barbara from then?
    Can-of-sprite
  • Holy shit, Skade, you got the ROLLS!  

Barbara's being given to everyone who gets to AR 20 before Ver 1.1 goes live. 'Course, we don't know when 1.1's going live, but it's rumoured to be soon.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Downloaded and registered on the bus this morning then it told me it wanted to download 5gig and I said not until later mate.
  • Holy shit, Skade, you got the ROLLS!

First ballad of goblet pull was all 3 star weapons I think but since then luck has smiled on me.

Could do with a decent Male party member so I dont look an absolute weeb.
    Can-of-sprite
  • With your luck you'll probably pull Diluc from your next wish.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Since i started running two Anemo in my squad i don't think i can go back to having less speed and stamina. I know you can set up multiple teams for different scenarios and switch before you hit combat, but it still feels really good and great for exploration.
  • I don't even have two Anemo characters... 

I'm using Razor for exploration (and everything else tbh). His 20% decrease to your party's stamina consumption while sprinting is handy, and his damage is very good for someone without any 5-star characters to pick from. Plus his Electro works nicely with Barbara's Hydro. 

If I could have instant access to any character in the game I'd pick Venti. That guy's abilities own.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just tried this as my mate keeps banging on about it.

Ridiculously nice looking game, but it runs like an absolute dog on base PS4. Was actually giving me a headache from the amout of stutter and jerkiness. Shame as it actually seems interesting.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Playing on my Samsung s20 and it runs outrageously well. Put time in this morning on commute and got from start off to first village.
  • I think I played this last night pissed.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Booted this up and lasted about half hour. Those characters oh boy oh boy. Can't do it.

Looks mint otherwise.
  • Piemon or whatevers voice is so annoying.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Piemon is your Kawaii friend I will find out her blood type and birthday and get back to you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!