Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My own fault really
  • Ascended my boy Razor again and got him to level 50, finally getting to level-up his abilities in the process. I also managed to ascend his Prototype Aminus and got that to level 40. The extra damage he's dishing out is quite noticeable. Think I'm mostly gonna be exploring Liyue, hunting Geoculus, and doing dailies over the next few days, quest stuff can wait 'til the weekend when I've got more time.

ORBI1en.png

Also, in a not so wise move, I blew all my primogems on the standard banner the day before the new Klee banner drops. Got a four star bow. I don't use any archers. 

Oh well.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    giphy.gif
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sitting on 8 acquaints and debating splurging the primogems for a go of a banner. Also noted that Amber is in the shop and I'm pretty much maining her.
  • The character drop rates on the limited time banner will be boosted, so if you do wanna splash some cash that might be worth a shot when it drops this evening. No guarantees, but you know how these things go. That £4.whatever Welkin Moon blessing is very handy, you can convert the 300 crystals you get to primogems immediately, then there's all the daily primo.

Regarding Amber, I used her a lot early-days, but you'll find her damage definitely drops off as you AR up. Her pyro will always be handy for utility though. Razor is the better long term bet if you get the currency. The boy's a legit A-tier DPS monster.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    giphy.gif

I have mixed feelings about the numberwang aspect of this. There obviously needs to be a certain amount of numberwang to support the gatcha and endgame content but it feels like there is more numberwang than is strictly necessary and it sticks out because is based on the non-numberwangy BOTW.

Really enjoying it though.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You can be not involved in any of the numbers and work your way through the main quest. It is quite a thing
  • If only it wasn't fucking anime yap yap
  • Chalice-chan, no need to be a grumpy wumpy tsundere baka boy. We know you wub the game weawy, uWu.

Just pway iiiiiiiit.
  • Just popped a few Intertwined Fates and got Klee. I beat the Rate-Up banner pity rate with 76 rolls in total (already had 72 rolls on Venti), but I didn't really want Klee. I was gonna stop at 80 rolls and see who was heading the next banner, with pity all primed to go at 90. 

Dammit. 

Might as well carry on rolling this banner now and see if I can get Sucrose.
  • Am I right in thinking Venti cant actually get pulled right now?
    Can-of-sprite
  • Yeah he's gone. Fingers crossed he'll be back as one of the supporting cast of another Rate-Up banner somewhere down the road.

Besides Klee, the other five-star characters available in the current Rate-Up banner are Mona, Diluc, Keqing, Qiqi, and Jean.
  • How many rolls are you at on the Rate-Up banner, @Skade ?  You've gotta be close to that guaranteed five-star pity drop at 90, or have you already had a five-star drop?
  • I am very close around 80 I think, I dont want klee though....
    Can-of-sprite
  • Yeah, I fucked up there. I'd avoid this one then and go for pity in the next Rate-Up banner. 20 days to go.
  • I'm desperate for big sword dps, I have great support/dps in fisch and xiangling (both 4 constellations), but I'm short of the star glitter for Razor.

Trying to take on a geo hypostasis with a low level single constellation Noell is no fun.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Shit, if she's the only claymore user you have you might need to level her up some.

There is talk of new geo weapons inbound that give a big boost to damage when the user is protected by a geo shield. If the data miners are right, Noel might be a solid pick in the not too distant future.
  • I got lucky with Razor, he was my first character drop from the standard banner. He's fantastic for single target DPS, but he does have a very selfish playstyle. His elemental skill and burst both disappear if you switch characters, and his skill needs you to commit to landing successive hits to make the most of it. 

It all leads you into kinda maining Razor if you have him in your party and want to get the best from him, which then leads into needing a team built around supporting him specifically.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Sucrose is sooooo much fun. I have her up to Constellation 3 and her vortex moves are pure mayhem when they manage to scoop up multiple ads.

I really enjoyed the Klee trial, shit blowing up everywhere and lots of real Pyro damage. But i'm not gonna hold my breath about actually getting her.

Great session today. I've only been logging on for my free gems and to do the dailies, so it was good to spend a decent amount of time exploring the map again.
  • I've only used Sucrose in the trial but yeah she's great! I'll definitely roll for her when I've built up more primogems. 

I've levelled my accidental Klee to 20 but can't ascend her atm. Thought I might as well use the only 5-star I've got (besides the Traveler), and yeah she's actually a lot of fun. Her AoE is obviously great, but her burst does a real number on tougher single targets. 

If I can get Sucrose I might be able to make a decent team around her and Klee.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    This is starting to get its hooks in me now that I've wrapped my head around it's many systems and currencies...

Send help if I'm not back by 2032!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've been playing this most of the day and loving it. 

I finally settled on a crack squad of Fish, Sucrose, Jean and Xiangling. I had Barbara in the 4th slot because Electric and Water is a 2.0x damage multiplier, but she was doing nothing other than wetting em up and bouncing out the rotation. Plus Jean can heal, so, yeah.

I've leveled my mains along with their weapons as high as i can go before the enhancement materials are from specific day of the week dungeons and big bosses, which i'll chip away at. No rush for those just yet. I can handle anything the open world throws at me at Tier 2.

Top tip: Don't get too invested in too many characters. Pick your favourites and spend your XP boost materials on those - make them strong and viable. And forget tier lists. Play who's fun! 

Also, set up an Exploration squad and save it into the second slot. You want 2 Anemo characters for the stamina boost, Amber for gliding and Beidou for broadswoard (and swimming). Its not essential, but it makes stamina management in the early game soooooo much easier.

I spent today clearing all the World Quests i'd been stockpiling. Decent XP when you see them to completion. Put me up to AR29. 

Now i'm just playing the campaign which is alot slower because of the dialogue, character introductions, back & forth etc. But its okay, i fancied a chilled evening. 

Do yourself a favour and buy that £4.49, 30 day boon. Its pennies per day, assuming you take the time to log in and do the daily missions. It takes 5 mins and you get a Wish every day as a result. Thats crazy compared to the prices of their gem bundles.
  • If I dont log in for a day, do i lose a days worth of the welkin moon picos?
    Can-of-sprite
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wooft the game just ramped up some of the baddies in quests. Also ill echo that £4.49 deal. Dropping a wish every day.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Skade wrote:
    If I dont log in for a day, do i lose a days worth of the welkin moon picos?

I think so, but can't be sure. I assume thats the whole incentive - to get you to log-in every day.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Wooft the game just ramped up some of the baddies in quests. Also ill echo that £4.49 deal. Dropping a wish every day.

World Tier 1? Yeah, before that it was plain sailing and easy-breezey mode. 

Now you have to think about your team, their elements versus what enemies are onscreen, otherwise it'll be immune or you'll be chipping away all day.
  • Skade wrote:
    If I dont log in for a day, do i lose a days worth of the welkin moon picos?

Yeah, unfortunately. You still get a crazy amount of primo compared to the bulk purchases, but I don't like the idea of losing even a single gem from missing a day.

I've spent the last few of hours doing similar stuff to Curtis, polishing off a few side quests, furthering the main story, and exploring; specifically the area west of Liyue Harbor, so pretty, and just so much fun. And man, the Liyue battle music is sublime, it makes me wanna fight every single enemy I see just so one of those themes kicks in again. I've been running my level 20 un-ascended Klee with my level 40 Xiang and Barb, and level 50 Razor, and the damage she's doing against level 38 world enemies is really impressive. I might be won over. 

I then realised I'd got enough primo for 10 rolls at banner. I wanted Sucros. I expected a bow. I got Xingqiu. I'll take it, a new character's a new character!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Fuck!! I just spunked today's Primogems from all these hours of playing and got 2 Noelle's. Maybe the game is telling me something? But she's a tank with passive heals. I don't need that right now.

@stormy - I am so jealous of your Klee. Big Pyro output is hard to come by! If you're running her with Xiang the 25% ATK bonus is probably why you're seeing big damage numbers, even underlevelled.

Also, Elemental Resonance is great, until you realise both your Anemo favourites require the same ascension materials. lol! One at a time i guess. Jean is first of course! 5 stars are ranked that way for a reason. And yes their constellations will take forever, but on the field they are deadly!
  • Damn, those are rough rolls. 

But yeah, elemental resonance is so good! With Klee I've got that buff plus decent attack and elemental power on her artifacts, can only imagine what she'll be like when she's levelled up higher and rocking better artifacts. And I love that her regular attack procs pyro and breaks shields and geo items! 

I'm gonna try her with Bennett next, same elemental resonance buff as Xiang, and I can use his burst to give Klee a big damage boost if she's over 70% health. 

I know I was a bit down on Klee at first, but having put some time into her I think I really lucked out here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!