CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I had Noelle off that guaranteed week 1 banner, so a Constellation 3 version of her isn't bad. But i know i'm not gonna use her, so she'll sit on the shelf for now.

I just this second rolled Xingqui. He's a 4* water-boy, sword user. I enjoyed his trial last month - his moves felt classy more like a Rapier. And like i said two posts ago - Water and Electric is maximum burst damage multipliers. *edit* Make that 2 x Xingqui.

I have an alt sword already levelled for the player character so i'll take him for a test drive before commiting any upgrade materials. 

My 5* sword is obviously assigned to my 5* Jean. RNG smiled upon me with that combo!

*edit* Oh shit! AR30 just triggered World Tier 3. Now i definitely have to ascend my mains. Fuck! I guess this is where the grind begins... 

I've gotta say the campaign missions are a fucking drag! I've been skipping/skimming the dialogue, so i get the jist, and the story seems alright. But i'm not in the mood. Gimme my XP bitch and be done with it.

BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR MAIL FOR THE NEXT 5 DAYS. KLEE IS GIVING AWAY 200 GEMS EACH DAY!
  • Xingqiu was who I got as well, his trial is active atm so well worth having a play with that version of him all levelled up to 80. 

I'm doing the story in bits, breaking it up with exploration, side quests, and world bosses, and I'm just enjoying the world. AR 28 now though, so I should really start target-farming those ascension materials for the next difficulty bump.

And that new Klee giveaway is most welcome! Between that, the current Seize the Day event, the Welkin blessing, the recent server maintenance compensation, and the daily challenges/general gameplay rewards, I'm feeling quite primo-rich atm. Fingers crossed for Sucrose when I roll my next ten wishes!

Edit: I'm gonna get a bow, aren't I?
  • Man, Klee's making me rethink my entire team. Her pyro AoE, ability to break shields and geo with her normal attack, her team energy recharge, and just her raw damage are so good that I'm leaning into her as my main DPS. Also, some of her animations are incredible. Thing is, despite being my best characters, the support crew I'm using for Razor aren't ideal for Klee, who plays so differently. 

I'm thinking Bennett as a support-DPS for the elemental resonance and damage/healing buffs from his burst, maybe Lisa (still level 1 lol) for the AoE electro, and I don't even know about the fourth just yet. Sucrose would be perfect - working so well with all of those others as she does, but I can't guarantee getting her. Might run my anemo Traveler for a while and see how I get on.

Wait, would Xingqiu work? Hydro support-DPS? But then I'd have to level and ascend him as well... I'm gonna have to do some research and experimentation.
  • AR 30 and World Level 3 here we go!

I couldn't ditch Razor from his star-DPS position in the end, he's just so damn good. So now I'm running two main damage dealers who don't have the best synergy. Hmm.

Anyhoo, more exploring followed and I finally unveiled the entire Liyue region. That final area is something else. Srsly, Liyue in general is such a massive step up from Mondstadt in everything from world design to the exquisite soundtrack that I just can't even. What this game does well it does so fucking well. 

A1pzZQQ.png

zGloHFx.png
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's a new thing where you get rewards by creating an Adventure Bond by entering your friends' codes. My code is ENZ4Y6YL. Let's link each other!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Ooh! My code is ENGEZGWL I'm on PC, dunno if it's cross-platform but it might be worth trying.

Edit: Ah, invite codes only work for new players. Once that new player has reached AR 15 in the game you'll both receive the rewards.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Boo! Stupid rules, snatching away free stuff from under my nose!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • There's a sneak peek livestream for the upcoming 1.1 update starting at 4pm. The Chinese livestream earlier today had giveaways so fingers crossed for something similar.

Edit: That was quick, and very cringe. The vid's gone, so here's the 1.1 trailer.

• Use code: GenshinZHB30 for 160 Primogems. Valid 'til Oct 31st, must be AR10.

Some nice additions coming on Nov 11 then. The final part of the Chapter 1 storyline, four new characters, a region standing system, and portable air gusts, stoves, and waypoints. 

Plus a new event that rewards you with Fischl! 

I'll take all that, thank you very much.
  • Anyone playing on iOS or is it shite?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm playing on my Samsung s20 and it is totally fine
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    @stormyskiesahead 

Is organised coop a thing? I've not looked into it until i saw the achievement requirements of a certain secret island i visited today. Surely thats never gonna happen with randoms.

If so, we need to hook up and have a wander about. My two faves are Anemo (Jean & Sucrose), but i can mix & match if necessary.

Also, my Jean has gotten to the the point of being almost un-killable. DPS Tank to the MAX!
  • I've never really paid much attention to co-op tbh. Would be cool to team up though, and I'm happy to go Razor, Klee, or even Barb if needed.

I don't even know how co-op characters work. If there's two in a group do you each get two characters? I seem to remember that was a thing during the recent co-op event if you didn't have a full team.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I checked, and you can invite just one player and both have two characters each. :)  

Only downside is the host gets all the loot, but i suppose thats understandable.

Let me know if you're about on Sunday or any (early) evening next week. Be good to have a run around and smash up some Hilchurls.

At some point we'll both need to switch to Kaeya to make an ice path to that secret island i was talking about. There's a coop puzzle for a Luxurious Chest.

I can't believe 1.1 is only 11 days away. New content!
  • AR30 now. Rather than pull on the Klee banner went standard and got Razor and Rainslasher from a 10 pull good days.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Nice! Razor's great, needs to be kept on-field a fair bit, and having his ATK prioritised over Elemental Mastery works wonders for someone so heavy on physical damage. 

@Curtis Early evenings next weeks would work. And it'd be nice to actually get some use out of Kaeya again.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Klee.jpg.5b8bcbf2c6bf1ef5ed8f59e95be8d6da.jpg
  • Hell yeah!  Sucrose/Klee combo time!

Did you hit pity or was she just a random drop?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Man I want Klee. Rocking Sucrose at the moment though and she's alright.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I just spend whatever i earn from playing and logging in, one wish at a time. No way i got to the pity limit. Just lucky.

Now my 3 character upgrade limit has been thrown out of whack. At least i have something to grind for/aim for.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Man I want Klee. Rocking Sucrose at the moment though and she's alright.

Sucroses' vortex is so good! Be sure to set off whatever elemental reaction, then have her suck up all the ads into the whirlwind, and it'll spam damage of the same type. If you manage to get a dupe and up her constellation you can throw out two at the same time. Its brilliant at knocking those magic Hilchurls off their pedestals. 

She's my favourite 4* character by far. And so cute.

*edit* Oh my days! My monthly reset kicked in meaning i can exchange Stardust for Fates/Wishes. I already hit pay-dirt with Klee so i rolled on the other banners and got another Sucrose (now at constellation 4) and best of all two more 'Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers' which is a 3* catalyst every Barbara player should have equipped. Once she's wet everyone up, you switch her out, and the next character gets a 40% ATK bonus for 10 secs. Its sooooooo OP once you've refined it a few times.

I'm soooo happy with tonights rolls. Sometimes RNG smiles upon you. I also just renewed my Welkin Moon, because thats great value for £4.99 a month.

*Update* Spent a whole lot of upgrade mats, and 3 consumable resin moons from the inventory stash, but i now have a Level 60, weapon 60 Klee. And she is a monster! I thought my tank Jean was good, but the little backpack gal can dish out some serious damage. The fact its Pyro is why she's so effective. Love her. I've had to bench Fish. Barbara is only in the squad because of the switch character buff i mentioned before - its too good for burst damage, especially now i have two DPS 5* characters.
  • Bloody hell, Curtis! I'm still waiting on a single Sucrose. I keep getting bows. 

And that's some upgrading. I've got Razor and Klee at level 60, with both of their weapons at 50, just need to farm ascension mats for those. 

AR 32 now and somewhere between 70 and 100 hours in, I reckon. I'm still not finished with the main story quest and have a bunch of side quests still active. Should be up to date with the main quest by the time the update drops. Then we've got to wait 'til the end of December for the next big content drop iirc, but that should add the entire Dragonspine region and a new story chapter alongside whatever else they chuck at it.
  • Just loaded up to spend those Stardust wishes thanks to the reset and... I GOT SUCROSE!!!

Now I've gotta level her up. Fuck.
  • Right, these are my currently available characters, and please ignore the utter shitshow that is my levelling. I know it's bad. Xiangling and Barbara are on 3 constellations, and Noel and Xingqiu are on 1. 

viXvD2K.png

I'm thinking I should level up Sucrose and use her with Barb, Klee, and Xiangling. But then there's Razor, who is still my best physical DPS by far. Plus I have a constellation 1 Xingqiu unlevelled. Also that Noel/Ningguang Goe pairing is looking tempting, especially now Noel's got her first constellation. Oh, and Fischl is an event reward with 1.1 so I might wanna look at working her in somewhere. 

I should probably start on a dedicated second DPS team. Razor, Xingqiu, Noel, and Ningguang would be cool, with Xingqiu able to swap out for Fischl when I get her and depending on the situation. So many choices, so few upgrade mats.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I would highly recommend concentrating on 3-4 characters max! Upgrading Klee last night skinted me of materials and XP books. If you're gonna have Barbara, i would leave her low level. She's only there for Elemental Reaction and her healing is based on her HP which you should bump with Artifacts. Don't get carried away. And definitely don't think about multiple squads. You can't afford it. Lol.
  • I'm in turmoil. 

Klee + Xiangling for the elemental resonance and Xiang's ult would be great. Barb for healing and the elemental reactions (no more levelling her up then, and she's now armed with a thrice refined Dragon Slayers), and Sucrose for her synergy/nuke potential with Klee. This would all make sense. 

Thing is, I've spent so many resources on Razor (he's been my main damage dealer since week one) it's gonna kill me to leave him out, and he really is a DPS monster. 

But you're right, I just can't level up two full squads right now. What to do.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Drop Xiangling. Keep Razor for sure! The water + electric combo 'Electric-Charged' gives you a 2.0x damage multiplier. Thats way more damage than the flat 25% you get from two Pyro teammates.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Walk up to a mob.
    Soak them with water.
    Switch to Razor.
    Electrify the crowd.
    Go ham with the ATK buff for 10 secs.
    Switch to Klee.
    Nuke the place.
    Switch the Sucrose.
    Drop a vortex and watch them swirl around in a fiery, wet, electric filled tornado of death.

Job done!
  • Aye, that all sounds fantastic, cheers. Will level Sucrose later and give the new team a go.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!