PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Release Date: tba

Naughty Dog's forthcoming PS3 exclusive.

Official Website

ShopTo pre-order

The new gameplay footage is looking sweet, I hope the monsters from the original trailer have gone for good..

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Oh mah fucking gawd Naughty. It looks beautiful.
    I hope the monsters from the original trailer have gone for good..

But then it's just I Am Alive with a proper big production budget and people who know how to put a story behind it.

Yeah then I hope so too.
  • Looks intriguing, but I must say I'm rather turned off by the sickening levels of gritty violence and constant swearing I've seen in virtually every big title I've seen previewed this year. I must be getting old.

bit depressing really

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The more realistic graphics do push the violence over the line a bit. I await the media/certification shit-storm.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Woo, looks intense.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Looks intriguing, but I must say I'm rather turned off by the sickening levels of gritty violence and constant swearing I've seen in virtually every big title I've seen previewed this year. I must be getting old. bit depressing really g.man
    In this case I think it's valid.  Certainly in context, seeing as it's clearly kill or be killed.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • But why have they written that context.

Could it be so they can present really badass violence.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also, props to NG for not sexualizing the nymph, though she's a bit NetGen blasé for my liking.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    But why have they written that context. Could it be so they can present really badass violence.
    We can probably assume the violence has been used here as a selling point cos the kids love a bit of the old ultra violets.  I expect sneaking about will form the large majority of play though, possibly with the Thief option to avoid encounters completely.  We can hope.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Watching it again, I am wondering if they could have just said "Hi we're just trying to get to the bridge."

He does start shooting first and head slamming people later.
  • Well he's got a tiny girl who's obviously gon' get violated by all these swarthy post-apoca-bros so let's just roll with that gut Emotion and win some awards for our compelling narrative.
  • It's mean to be a bit like The Road though isn't it?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's still just not cricket.

Really liking that inventory for some reason. Maybe because he's actually checking his backpack. TECHNOLOGY.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    It's mean to be a bit like The Road though isn't it?

Yes. But not ghey.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Well no, there's a chick.
  • Looks gorgeous.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Well no, there's a chick.

I prefer Skerret's use of Nymph. Though that sounds slightly seedier.
  • g.man wrote:
    Looks intriguing, but I must say I'm rather turned off by the sickening levels of gritty violence and constant swearing I've seen in virtually every big title I've seen previewed this year. I must be getting old. bit depressing really g.man

Its because like me, you are obviously not into 'mature content' and would prefer something juvenile, like a  well written story that maybe requires the use of my brain instead of my reflexes
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I like the look of it.  Maybe seems a bit linear though.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I liked lots of it. Things I did not like were the fact parts looked very scripted, the HUD was as ugly as sin and the menu/inventory wasn't a patch on Drake's journal.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Watching it again, I am wondering if they could have just said "Hi we're just trying to get to the bridge." He does start shooting first and head slamming people later.
    We don't know how far through the campaign this bit is so shoot first ask questions later might have been called for...

I presume everybody has seen the pick-up truck trailer?

• In post apocalyptic scenarios you do not fucking play nice. You're all acting like you haven't seen a George Romero picture!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yep, I'm into this.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    We don't know how far through the campaign this bit is so shoot first ask questions later might have been called for.

True enough. I suppose I just want to see evidence that not everyone turns into a free-for-all killer and plunderer come the end of the world we know. I Am Alive's paranoid groups did it fairly well. Although each encounter was the same.

Could have done with situations where you could trade at shaky, sweat dripping brow gunpoint.
  • Doubt it will see a release without being severely cut. Yes it's a game for adults blah blah blah but kids WILL get their hands on it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That's no reason to cut it.
  • Kids can go straight to hell. Censorship can suck my fucking balls. Orange juice is tasty.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I hope it isn't all you against the world kinda stuff as well though I'm not sure how it would be implemented within a game?

After your first negative encounter I can only presume that every encounter after would be cagey, also I think that in a post-apocalyptic world there would be plenty of folk around to fill the bad guy roles, just look at the riots or soldiers on leave to see how some people already behave...
  • It's all very depressing. I remember when all this was blue skies.

ScreenShot2012-06-05at151107.png

*sigh*

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That's still top of my list.  Why does everything I love end up DEAD
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I hope it isn't all you against the world kinda stuff as well though I'm not sure how it would be implemented within a game? After your first negative encounter I can only presume that every encounter after would be cagey, also I think that in a post-apocalyptic world there would be plenty of folk around to fill the bad guy roles, just look at the riots or soldiers on leave to see how some people already behave...

I imagine that there will be occasions throughout the game where there are friendly people, though like any post apocalyptic scenario, they will be few and far between.
‹ Previous123456723

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!