GodFall
  • This has got quite average reviews across the board.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Oh its a 6/10 game, no doubt. But i/we are enjoying it so who cares?
  • Just wondering if it was one of those that reviews badly but actually plays much better than the reviews suggest.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    The gameplay loop is it's strong point. If you are just concerned with that then it's perhaps worth a purchase.
  • If you enjoy the genre it does - you'll get a feel reading the rest of the thread.

Patch needed if anyone's jumping on,  Says 129mb, but if faffs about a bit.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Cool, thanks for the heads up!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I am currently grinding the 'Ascendent Earth Realm Gauntlet' Dreamstone for fat loot and XP. 

The final node/mission is a four boss gauntlet. You kill the first three, grab all their loot and then 'Abandon Mission'. Reload, rinse-repeat. This way you don't have to pay the 2500 Fulcrum entry price over & over. And the boss arena is right at the spawn so there's no fucking about getting there. ;)

I've got it down to less than 2 mins per run.
  • Lol nice.

I completed it for the first time last night.  Found it easier than the first dreamstone.

Is there an actual rock/paper/scissors type elemental mechanic or are they separate entities?
  • 3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I saw something on a Youtube video about how all the weapon properties other than Physical ATK are all linked to their respective ailments (Earth = Poision, Water = Chill). 

So you need to pick your favourite weapon, match all your items/buffs to compliment them, then choose the right Plate for that extra percentage. 

It's starting to make more sense now i'm Level 40 and endgame-ish. Augments are all that matters! They make or break a build.
  • That makes sense. I wasn't sure if fire based enemies were weak to water etc. I hadn't seen any evidence that they were tbh. In dreamstones you can unlock additional information about boss weaknesses, which is cool.

So far I've only unlocked plates that support the best weapons I have, but that link does make sense. I'd be interested to see in co-op whether it's best to run everyone on the same debuff build eg ignite or have each player use a specific debuff. Failing that just mash the bastards down lol
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    I saw something on a Youtube video about how all the weapon properties other than Physical ATK are all linked to their respective ailments (Earth = Poision, Water = Chill).  So you need to pick your favourite weapon, match all your items/buffs to compliment them, then choose the right Plate for that extra percentage.  It's starting to make more sense now i'm Level 40 and endgame-ish. Augments are all that matters! They make or break a build.

Yeah saw that too. Need to consider that more when looking at weapons and stuff.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Its a slow grind to 50. I've been doing the Dreamstones two levels higher than my current level because the mobs give the best XP. Still gonna take a while though. There are certain times when all the modifiers stack in your favour and you can really tear shit up. So satisfying.
  • I'm struggling with the Lunara dreamstone.  Had been soloing them up to that point.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    GG's earlier. That scaling is weird. I was doing fuck all damage in your missions, but you joined me in higher level hunts and did just fine.

Oh well. Better for all involved. I progress, you get fat loot you can't equip yet. lol!

The rule with Dreamstones is don't beeline to the boss. Kill all the mobs because its where all the XP comes from.

*edit* Level 50...phew! I need to check out my loot tomorrow because its not just the gold shiney stuff that matters. The fact you can ascend blues and purples (with the stats you're after) into legendaries, makes refining your chosen build so much easier that waiting for RNG.
  • Aye, good session - it worked well that way round.

For ascending stuff that's just for when you get 50 gear right?  If not you can't ascend lower level gear enough to make it worthwhile?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You can ascend any weapon but the level won't increase, so it makes sense not to waste materials on something that'll become redundant within a few levels.
  • Unlocked the level 46 dreamstone this evening - getting there.

Actually rocked some dual blades on Hinterclaw.

Finding dreamstone final bosses pretty challenging tbh.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah struggling with some Boss designs in this. That Lunara fight is juts pure meh.

What are Dual Blades like?
  • I only farted around with them a bit last night, you can dive in and out and I'd say it's a bit easier to not get caught mid move like with a hammer.

I have nothing else.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Dual Blades are a must if you're going for an ailment build. It procs all the time even with low-ish percentage stats. It was actually the first time i noticed the diamond above the enemies health bar that signifies they have a status affecting them. 

Not much damage output as you'd expect, but there is a rage mode technique which i didn't know how to use correctly cause it was my first time.

Definitely worth a looksee if you get bored of pounding things, or you get a good pair to drop.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message

Ouch, to be fair though a lot of those complaints I share.

Input queuing and animation cancelling are definitely starting to become big issues with me.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Skill-Up is a twat of the highest order!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Hahaha, fair enough :D
  • Hit 48 tonight, whilst finishing off the 46 Dreamstone - can actually use those weapons I got the other night, Curtis!

I was using dual blades for most of this, so got used to them a bit.  Once I hit 48 I went back to polearm and good old easy mode - woot!

Actually, stuffed a load of augments into Hinterclaw to pop those crits baby!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Spent a good hour last night doing some much needed housekeeping by dismantling anything lower than Level 46-ish. Then trying to figure out the best of the rest to see what sort of build i can cobble together. Got quite a few pieces with Crit Chance and Damage, so thats a good start. 

Gonna hit the Tower later, see how i fare in my current state.
  • Finished the 48 dreamstone and hit level 50. Do the dreamstones finish at 50?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nice work lads, you're both miles ahead of me :P
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Finished the 48 dreamstone and hit level 50. Do the dreamstones finish at 50?

No, they keep going. I think theres 17 or 18 in total. 

I've been grinding the Level 54 version of that gauntlet i mentioned before (where you kill 3 bosses then abandon). All Level 50 drops.  ;)
  • Cool. I'll keep going then.

Happy to help with anything.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!