Movie Record 2021 Edition
  • How good was that one shot in Widows though. Telling a complete story and cementing the majors themes through one car ride. Stunning.
  • 5. Us
    Just as wonderful as it was the first time. Playful, clever and confident. *****

6. Intouchables
    It's a bit of a cliché set up, but it's beautifully written and performed, funny in parts and never overly sentimental. ****
  • How good was that one shot in Widows though. Telling a complete story and cementing the majors themes through one car ride. Stunning.

Some absolutely cracking bits of cinematography in the film, I thought. Quite brave for a mainstream film to do so many locked-off shots with dialogue happening off-screen.

• 5. Host
    A fun Paranormal Activity style Zoom horror that doesn't outstay its welcome and has some effective moments that make good use of the setting.
    [7]
  • 10. Jagged Edge
    Glenn Close's lawyer defends Jeff Bridges, accused of murdering his wife, in this 'did he didn't he' legal thriller. This came repped but I found it to be a predictable, uninspired, unthrilling snoozefest. 5

11. National Lampoon's Vacation
    First in the NL Vacations series sees the Griswolds making a cross country trip to Walley World in this zany cult comedy. 7
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 5. Calm with Horses. Fucking tense with horses more like. Solid enough gritty Irish gangster affair. [6.5]
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Great film imo, was thinking about rewatching soon.
  • Yeah I gave it a 4.5/5 last year I think, thought it was a highlight of the year.
  • I probably scored harshly, but was hoping for a bit more catharsis from the ending.
  • Can we get a score for sexy beast? One of, if not the best british gangsta film ever made. Weird but Ben Kingsley just eats every scene he’s in
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Can we get a score for sexy beast? One of, if not the best british gangsta film ever made. Weird but Ben Kingsley just eats every scene he’s in

I haven't seen it. Mainly because I dislike British gangster films.
    Want my score?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Sexy Beast is class. Haven’t seen it for long time, gonna chuck it on my watch list.
  • 'Your skin looks like leather, I could make a suitcase outta you'

That was one of my most memorable lines from that film. I remember using it repeatedly on a lads holiday to randoms, it must have got pretty annoying.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Sexy Beast is brilliant.
    I feel a bit guilty because about it because of the obvious innocent members on board but while watching Air Force One depart to take Trump to Florida the other day I immediately thought of the line "I 'ope this plane crashes"
  • Good job you didn't try using the most memorable line in the film during your lads holiday:
    Spoiler:

Love me a bit of Sexy Beast, excellent crime caper.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Can we get a score for sexy beast? One of, if not the best british gangsta film ever made. Weird but Ben Kingsley just eats every scene he’s in

I haven't seen it. Mainly because I dislike British gangster films.
    Want my score?

Omg watch it. If only for one of the most terrifying performances from a small thin bald man. Makes my skin crawl now just thinking about what a fucking loon he is.

Tbf its more of a set up a robbery deal. Just watch and marvel at it
    PSN - minkymu
  • And Lovejoy gets bummed in it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It's a 5/5 from me, amazing film.

"Yeah I'll put it out, provided you're prepared to let me stub it out on your eyeball."

Brilliant scene and yeah, terrifying performance.

https://youtu.be/Nu_xTC5Gc2U
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    And Lovejoy gets bummed in it.

I don't remember that bit?!
  • By Edward Fox. It's consensual though.

First thing I remember before even watching your clip above is "my front bottom".
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    By Edward Fox. It's consensual though.

First thing I remember before even watching your clip above is "my front bottom".

I remember the sex party stuff but I didn't think there was any guy on guy action. I've got the dvd, may watch it tomorrow.

Not because of the guy on guy action, I'm just curious.

Not that kind of curious.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    10. Tron Legacy - hated this at the cinema. A kid fan of the original it really felt groundbreaking. I guess I was hoping for the impossible with the sequel. Having watched it again it’s not as bad as I first thought. Visually it’s stunning, but would love to see a 4K/HDR version. Soundtrack is fantastic too.
  • Yeah, I still put the soundtrack on quite often.
  • Unpopular opinion.
    It is a considerably more entertaining movie than the original which is and always has been dull for most of the runtime.
  • I found Olivia Wilde very entertaining all the way through it, I’ll give you that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Unpopular opinion.
    It is a considerably more entertaining movie than the original which is and always has been dull for most of the runtime.

Don’t think I said that. As a kid Tron was like nothing I’d seen before. And that kid grew up expecting (probably unrealistically) something new again. I can’t articulate what I wanted, but I was disappointed none-the-less when I watched it at the cinema. Seen it a couple times since and I just take it for what it is, some stylish action.

• Sorry wasn't implying you said anything.
    Just providing an unsolicited hot take.
  • I saw Tron 2 at the iMax and had to trek across a snow covered London to get there so I was just thankful to be inside I think.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Sorry wasn't implying you said anything.
    Just providing an unsolicited hot take.

No worries, it’s that childhood thing. I recall watching Tron and thinking this was the future of films and most of my friends couldn’t give a shit. Completely unrealistic to think the sequel would introduce something new to movies.

• If you have Disney+ check out the Tron episode of Prop Culture.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!