Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Thread to be annoyed about shit parts of games.

Currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Everything was reasonably ok but now I've come to an underwater temple with piranhas in it. It's the worst shit and I think I might just give up at this point. I don't know where I'm going and everywhere I turn I get killed. Who thought this was a good idea? It seems to be a stupidly hard bit thrown into a game that is generally fairly easy. Why do the developers want to piss me off?
  • Coming round a corner in a Naughty Dog game and seeing expertly placed bits of cover and letting out the most enormous sigh.
  • The fucking Matriarch boss in Gears 5.
    I never did get any further. It tainted the game for me and now I'm just not interested.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I love this thread so much that my brain can't compute the right moments.

I'd say anything in Bianco Hills where I'm on a ledge and a wind gust comes.
  • Anything where you get to the end but need to go back for more things to finish it. Assassins Creed II did it with a codec mop up, which was the start and end of the series for me, Velocity 2X did it and probably half a dozen games I've forgotten.

Going back a bit but the last boss in Ecco the Dolphin still belongs in the bin as failure sucked you back into the worst stage in the game.
  • There are so many but for some reason my mind is stuck on Mario Sunshine. The eel boss thing with the dirty teeth.
  • Any puzzle with combinations of symbols.
    Control, for instance, there’s a bit to put symbols in screens to operate a machine.
    Pointless nonsense, I just Google the results as soon as I see these puzzles pop up.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Similar to Panty’s. Hidden bits in games like Destiny where you have to scour every inch of the map to find an obscure thing. Let some other sucker do it and then youtube the answer.
  • Expecting you to just understand new playing mechanics to solve puzzles in links awakening dx. Games mental in assuming you can figure shit out. Abs this would’ve been in the days of paying for four tripple a batteries.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The bit where you get captured and lose all your gear and have to escape.
  • Nioh1. Broken floors in a boss fight, the giant eel thing. One accidental roll or sidestep onto a broken floor, into the water and instant death. Tbf that whole level was like that annoying.
  • Coming round a corner in a Naughty Dog game and seeing expertly placed bits of cover and letting out the most enormous sigh.

And a thousand other cover shooters but it's always naughty dog who get criticised for it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

I played that Outward and had to quit at one of those bits. It had happened once before, I had to break out of prison and it was pretty well done to be fair. Every time you get KO'd you wake up somewhere different, could even be back in a town because someone has rescued you. But one time it was in a bandit camp, no clue where my gear was and no idea how to get it back, couldn't take anyone or anything on without my weapon and armour, so fuck that. The game was too clunky anyway, for all the nice ideas it had
  • Yeah, Gav. Why pick on Naughty Dog, you BEASTLY MAN.

I find almost all tutorials painful as hell nowadays. Most are so unnecessary and could easily be taken out.
  • Detective mode or similar.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeah, Gav. Why pick on Naughty Dog, you BEASTLY MAN.

I find almost all tutorials painful as hell nowadays. Most are so unnecessary and could easily be taken out.

I've nearly done a run through of all the Hitman 3 levels, so this afternoon I decided I'd do the tutorials for the first time.....the ones that are from Hitman 1.

I'm so rebellious.
  • Having given this some extra though I think the third boss in MS Shinobi still wins for me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The bit in Cyberpunk 2077 when something wonky happens to completely shatter your belief in the world they've created and all your will to continue is sucked straight out of you. Which is most bits to be fair
  • The first hour or two of almost any modern game where you can’t save yet and if you have a break you can’t remember how the fuck to do anything anyway. Maybe that’s just age.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yeah, Gav. Why pick on Naughty Dog, you BEASTLY MAN.

Why should I explain myself after reading this ABLEIST DIATRIBE YOU MONSTER

• The Daddy wrote:
    The first hour or two of almost any modern game where you can’t save yet and if you have a break you can’t remember how the fuck to do anything anyway. Maybe that’s just age.

Oh yea, this. get in the fucking bin. Just let me save you fucks
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is one of the most garbage bits in average game Cyberpunk
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message

Getting yer new tools from LIDL. Parkside run.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    There are so many but for some reason my mind is stuck on Mario Sunshine. The eel boss thing with the dirty teeth.

I gave up at that part.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • The Yiga Clan hideout in Breath of the Wild. What an absolute tedious ball ache that was.

Any kind of hiding/stealth bit where getting spotted means an instant fail and back to the beginning. I feel like there must have been one that was fun at some point in the distant past and loads of developers have been trying and failing to recapture the magic ever since. Because why else would they keep making those bits? They're shit.
  • Agree. They even managed to sneak into RDR2. Either relegate them to the past or add a Forza 3 style free rewind button for mistakes. There's a chance they wouldn't be annoying if you didn't get booted back to a checkpoint you created five minutes ago. Which doesn't sound like much of a ballache on paper but always is if you're repeating anything slow/stealthy.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    The Yiga Clan hideout in Breath of the Wild. What an absolute tedious ball ache that was.

Why I stopped playing the game. Tried it twice and just couldn’t be arsed.
  • The bit where you get captured and lose all your gear and have to escape.

I was going to agree but then remembered the Zelda BotW version of this, which was one of the best bits in the game for me because of the sheer joy of the game mechanics separate from any weapons.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Kow wrote:
    Thread to be annoyed about shit parts of games.

Currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Everything was reasonably ok but now I've come to an underwater temple with piranhas in it. It's the worst shit and I think I might just give up at this point. I don't know where I'm going and everywhere I turn I get killed. Who thought this was a good idea? It seems to be a stupidly hard bit thrown into a game that is generally fairly easy. Why do the developers want to piss me off?

Almost any under water but is
    Guaranteed to suck but this bit with its instant death was the worst kind of trial and error shit
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    The Yiga Clan hideout in Breath of the Wild. What an absolute tedious ball ache that was.

Any kind of hiding/stealth bit where getting spotted means an instant fail and back to the beginning. I feel like there must have been one that was fun at some point in the distant past and loads of developers have been trying and failing to recapture the magic ever since. Because why else would they keep making those bits? They're shit.

I can't remember too much about that, so it must have been shit. Definitely a trope that needs to die
  • Stealth is ok as long as there’s enough information and the option of go loud. Loved splinter cell back in the day but not sure I’d have the patience for it now.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
‹ Previous12345678

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!