What games would you like to see remastered?
‹ Previous12345
  • As title says what games would you like to see remastered.

Personally,

Silent Hill 1,2,3
    Syphon Filter
    Parasite Eve
    Manhunt
    Castlevania DS/GBA games
    F-Zero
    Metropolis Street Racer
    KOTOR 1&2

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Rumours are you might be in luck with KOTOR.
  • Timesplitters 2
    There is a fan thing but I want an actual console release.

THPS 3+4
    That dream died last month.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Forza Horizon 2, unsurprisingly.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I still want the GoldenEye remaster that was due to release on XBLA
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Forza Horizon 2, unsurprisingly.

YAS
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I still want the GoldenEye remaster that was due to release on XBLA

Its leaked online so technically you have this.
  • Rogue Squadron.
    I would settle for a new version tied into the Disney thing.
  • I still want the GoldenEye remaster that was due to release on XBLA

Its leaked online so technically you have this.

But not on my consoles!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nah but you can run it via PC emu.
  • None. I want creative people to be allowed to be creative on new things, not remaster 10 year old AAA games everyone played before, but now I can pay 60 quid for the same with everything fucked around with arbitrarily and some RTX added. Wowee.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • SEGA fanboy mode initiated......

Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Burning Rangers
    Binary Domain
    NiGHTS Into Dreams
    SEGA Rally.
    Jet Set Radio Future.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I think most things I'd prefer just to work via BC rather than any remastering getting done. Now that we've moved into 60fps being more common and graphics being much more realistic, I don't think there are many games you're adding a polish to with a remaster, there are always too many decisions to make.
  • I'm with IR, conservation over remastering for me.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's already very saying 'Boo hoo, I just want preservation' but if you're using software emulation for your BC solution then you're getting emulator lag that wasn't in the original experience compared to a proper port that involves more input than just working on a generic emulation solution.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think your Halo Anniversaries and Dragon’s Trap remakes nailed this.

Fancy new graphics if you want, original graphics at the touch of a button, and the ability to make some no-brainer additions to the originals such as increasing the frame rate or improving texture filtering.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Also, this is such fucking bullshit, are you really telling me you'd rather play Xenoblade with the original ghastly faces instead of the new actual faces? Fuck off.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Remasters and remakes aren't my jam, but if they are done then they should be done as Yoss said - give me an option to play the originals in some form. As much as I don't want to play Xenoblade with the Ghastly Faces I also want to play Windwaker without the Ghastly Bloom and Ghastly Lack of Cell Shading that the remaster added as it "improved" the original.
  • Super Monkey Ball
    Viewtiful Joe
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Saga (properly though, not by the mob that remastered the original).
    Metal Gear Solid (again)
    Exhumed
  • Modern retro remake of Bucky O'Hare nes.

Manhunt would also be a good one.
  • Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 1 and 2 - the dark horse goats of the extreme sports explosion that took place at the turn of the century. Everyone remembers BMX XXX, but these are the daddies and really should be held in much, much higher reverence alongside THPS. Dev team and Akklaim died years ago so no idea how it could happen.

Power Stone Collection - a fucking tragedy that these games have never been playable online in MP. They would be amazing. Capcom come on to fuck.
  • Oh good shout with Metal Gear Solid.
    Twin Snakes can get in the bin
  • I think the only remasters I'd care for are things that fixed obviously broken shit like framerate, maybe some UI and mechanical quality-of-life refinements, rebalancing, rollback netcode etc.
    Basically the stuff a studio has to cut corners on to get the product out in the first place.
  • Am I the only person who sees a difference in remake over remaster? Remaster is better graphics etc but generally the same game , remake is a whole new game using the same concept and design as a guide to me.

I'd like a burnout 2 remaster for sure. I'd also genuinely like wwe here comes the pain. Better AI fix up some of the lower graphic and control issues, but generally keep it as is. Dont show horn some of the more recent wwe game stuff.

Remakes though... there's a lot of 'nearly' games from the past that could do with a rejig. Power stone with a massive battle royal style map could be fun. Bloody roar with the tech and balancing could also be fun. A proper 3d version of rampage / King of monsters would also float my boat provided we get huge amounts of insane environment interaction. And a proper silent hill vr could be very good.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nothing ever.

Just get emulation up to snuff because the only stuff I want now is stuff I haven’t played and can’t play because of logistics.

• I might be alone in really enjoying the iterative public progress of a title e.g. No Man's Sky, Destiny. I could scoff TWAB patchnotes all year, and indeed have.
  • I'd go for a Vice City remake. And Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast just needs a re-release. 

Other than that, dunno. Depends on the game, depends on what they do with it. 8-bit stuff is good fodder because of how much the tech limited the originals.
  • Treasure Island on the C64.
  • Here's an idea:
    A Shenmue Re-boot by the Yakuza guys.

Other ip deserving of a reboot:
    Jet set radio
    Panzer Dragoon
    Skies of Arcadia
    Quake
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm also in favour of the 'hit a button for og mode' way of preserving.

Anyway, it's THPS3, Ape Escape, Splinter Cell and Diddy Kong Racing.

Oh good shout with Metal Gear Solid.
    Twin Snakes can get in the bin

Gtfo it's better than the original
  • I'll sneak a (near enough) straight rerelease in - Zelda Four Swords Adventures. Stick it on Switch with an online mode. Can't believe I let it pas me by, looks great.
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!