Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What games would you like to see mixed up into one big beautiful mess?
    Best-Of-The-Best-1989-580x400.jpg

No rules here, just thought the other night what would be good to see mixed together. The common thing people say is they want less violence in the Uncharted and Tomb Raider games.

That got me thinking: Uncharted (for story and characters) + The Witness (for progressively more difficult tomb puzzling) + Hitman (for more set piece action) + Forza Horizon (for some more dynamic overland car chases/escapes)

This could be a nice reboot for the franchise.

Or it could be just as simple as using a different tech approach to a game you like, but feel could be better: Death Stranding (engine/terrain/social building aspects) + Fallout (story and RPG elements)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    13 Sentinels narrative in Mario 3D world. Do it.
  • Exploration of the galaxy like in No Mans Sky. The story line in something like KOTOR, the puzzles of The Witness. The shooting of Mass Effect. The political intrigue of ??? The horror of Dead Space.

Basically ive always wanted a game where you can pick several different career paths i.e. Diplomat/Political, Smugger/Freight Hauler, Rebel, Assassin, Fighter Pilot, Marine etc, and carve out a narrative for your said character. There would be a multitude of planets you can visit with amazing citites and subplots. Or asteriod outposts, derelict space stations etc.

Each play through of different character would be unique as they have different lives.

So something like that.
  • Mass Effect + No Man's Sky + Rage.  So I can play a grand space opera but jump into randomised space whenever I want in my intergalactic spaceship and when I crash on a planet I don't have a silly pew pew mining laser but a BFG so I can blow away all those alien critters.

Am I doing this right?

Edit: a bit like Dino's
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Arrested Development scummvm game written by Mitch Hurwitz and dev'd by Double Fine.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Exploration of the galaxy like in No Mans Sky. The story line in something like KOTOR, the puzzles of The Witness. The shooting of Mass Effect. The political intrigue of ??? The horror of Dead Space.

Basically ive always wanted a game where you can pick several different career paths i.e. Diplomat/Political, Smugger/Freight Hauler, Rebel, Assassin, Fighter Pilot, Marine etc, and carve out a narrative for your said character. There would be a multitude of planets you can visit with amazing citites and subplots. Or asteriod outposts, derelict space stations etc.

Each play through of different character would be unique as they have different lives.

So something like that.

Sounds like Elite: Dangerous to me.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A versus fighting / 2D shmup hybrid.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Double Fine would fuck it.

Every game they've done there is something that doesn't work. Brutal Legend has the RTS, Stacking is too fiddly, Broken Age has part 2.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER TIM YOURE 2 STEPS FROM GLORY
  • Nice idea B0r1s!

I'd quite like a mash up of Forza and Forza Horizon wherein you could drive to mainline Forza tracks but within the Horizon World.

Would be nice to drive to Spa from Monaco for example.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I’d like to see a Generation 1 Transformers game set in a large city. Using your disguise to move around freely, and avoid attention from humans and enemies etc.

A cross between Transformers Devastation and GTA, I guess.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Mass Effect + No Man's Sky + Rage.  So I can play a grand space opera but jump into randomised space whenever I want in my intergalactic spaceship and when I crash on a planet I don't have a silly pew pew mining laser but a BFG so I can blow away all those alien critters. Am I doing this right? Edit: a bit like Dino's

Definitely because I'm anti-rules.
  • davyK wrote:

Senko no Ronde style? Kinda?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'd love to see a collab between the guys at the top of their game and who made some of my favouritest games.

Nintendo - give me the that level/world design, the scope, the size and most of the stuff in BotW.
    Platinum - cos no-one does mechanics like they do.
    From Software - giving Platinum a run for their money with Sekiro, but they can bring a lot to the table and help Ninty with some world design and lore and character.  And mood and atmosphere and sound design.  The BEST sound design.

So the one big mess I'd love to see is...

BotW x Nier Automata x Sekiro
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Exploration of the galaxy like in No Mans Sky. The story line in something like KOTOR, the puzzles of The Witness. The shooting of Mass Effect. The political intrigue of ??? The horror of Dead Space.

So something like that.

Sounds like Elite: Dangerous to me.

Elite Dangerous has no really story line. Stories are key in my vision of the game.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I'd love to see a collab between the guys at the top of their game and who made some of my favouritest games.

Nintendo - give me the that level/world design, the scope, the size and most of the stuff in BotW.
    Platinum - cos no-one does mechanics like they do.
    From Software - giving Platinum a run for their money with Sekiro, but they can bring a lot to the table and help Ninty with some world design and lore and character.  And mood and atmosphere and sound design.  The BEST sound design.

So the one big mess I'd love to see is...

BotW x Nier Automata x Sekiro

Similar to this I'd love to see Treasure back mixing it up with a new sidescrolling IP. Platinum would be a good fit for them too but I do wonder whether two headstrong devs could work together without compromising either vision.

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Script writers for Disco Elysium working up the next GTA game please.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Senko no Ronde style? Kinda?

Aye...but imagine plonking famous shmup craft in there - Rtype vs Deathsmiles witch for example.

Could also throw in a hori vs tate mode...
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GTA: Mega-City 1 with Gears gun stuff
  • Best of the Best was my favourite film for quite long time.  I've just checked and apparently it's not available on any streaming services which makes me want to karate chop a tree in slow-mo to make some snow fall from it.
  • monkey wrote:
    GTA: Mega-City 1 with Gears gun stuff

I'm not big into open world games or Dredd, but this is a recipe for a potentially excellent videogame. Chuck in the patented nemesis system too.
  • I wonder if there'd be a market for turning classic 2D games into roguelikeultralites. Keep the controls as they were but create bundles of layout variants within the existing stages. Imagine: every time you play Revenge of Shinobi you'd get a slightly different 9 stage game. Same bosses, same locations, but tinkered placement for everything else. It wouldn't take that long to programme surely, at least compared to pretty much every other roguelite on the market. Obvs you'd have the original mode as an option too, and they could do the whole remaster/OG button press thing if it's a particularly lavish update. Would breathe new life into retro rereleases and offer better VFM than a straight ROM dump, plus retroheads could have a new old experience.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Script writers for Disco Elysium working up the next GTA game please.

Hello
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Imagine: every time you play Revenge of Shinobi you'd get a slightly different 9 stage game. Same bosses, same locations, but tinkered placement for everything else.

No.  No no no no.  The design of that game was absolutely magnificent.  Completed it on normal?  Try Hard then Hardest.  Completed it on Hardest?  Then try not losing a single life.  Done that?  Try finishing the game without using a single shuriken (you had to waste the ones you start each level with, admittedly). Fuck about with with that and you break what made the RoS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME.

Into the bin with you, Moot.
  • I expertly rolledsafe with the inclusion of the original mode to keep you and retroking happy KEEP UP.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Best of the Best was my favourite film for quite long time.  I've just checked and apparently it's not available on any streaming services which makes me want to karate chop a tree in slow-mo to make some snow fall from it.

Drop him like a toilet seat Unlikely!

SFV - reddave360
  • Burnout X Tiger Woods.
  • They've sort of done that. Can't remember what it was called but wasn't there a golf game that was a bit like the crash mode from Burnout?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I expertly rolledsafe with the inclusion of the original mode to keep you and retroking happy KEEP UP.

The OG game is on my Bone X.  I do not need your remastered abomination.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Best of the Best was my favourite film for quite long time.  I've just checked and apparently it's not available on any streaming services which makes me want to karate chop a tree in slow-mo to make some snow fall from it.
    Drop him like a toilet seat Unlikely!

RIP Chris Penn.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    They've sort of done that. Can't remember what it was called but wasn't there a golf game that was a bit like the crash mode from Burnout?

Dangerous Golf. Class game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!