The Saturday Dank Thread
  • Yesterday evening I downloaded and fired up Dead Cells for the first time on Xbox (owned and got heavily addicted on Switch when it launched). Oh, its still just magic. What a game.

Downloaded Bridge Constructor Portal and Nier Automata to finally give a good crack too. Will try and fit in both around events at ibrox.

GamePass/Gold Saturday & Sunday.
  • Outside of lockdown*, i only play for an hour or two on the weekends once son is asleep and missus is doing her own thing. Normally theres just too much to do around the house/diy etc in weekends.

Weekdays are a no-no again outside of lockdown*. Workout three evenings a week acter son has gone to bed. Plus theres always nonfictional books to be read and longterm prep for work occupation related exams.

Like everyone on here, do love gaming but have to keep it moderated as theres too much other stuff that i need to learn and do to improve myself (goals etc) and do stuff for my family.

I generally have to avoid certain games, as i would get lost in them and get nothing done (Football Manager, turn based strategy games etc). Personally i dont want to look back on my life when im old and in retirement and realise i wasted so much time gaming that i didnt get out and interact with the world. Plenty of gaming time when im really old (and devs add in a OAP mode for our aging population).

Anyway i went off on a major tangent.

*lockdown has changed my gaming habits for now. Mainly because revision for exam(s) is pointless till i k ow i can book and take an exam. Also the monotony of being stuck at home means evenings im not working out i do try to escape my surroundings with gaming/book/movie/tv show.
  • Don't rely on K ow to book your exams, he's useless.
  • I'm up with the wee man on weekends, so usually after his bottle and a bit of a play he naps. And I get some game time. Only been really able to do it though the past couple of weeks since getting the series s and ps5.
    The Xbox quick resume is a godsend. Been playing a bit of Forza and torchlight 3 off and on.
    I get some time sometimes at night when the wife and kids are in bed. Not often though. Tempted to move the series s to the bedroom
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Don't rely on K ow to book your exams, he's useless.

Lolz
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Saturday's are my own now , provided Wifey hasn't dreamt up some wild goose chase or task.  The weekend tends to be the time when I boot up my asteroids cabinet.

To be honest most of my gaming is in the evening during the week though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!