Get ya crystal ball out (Time Capsule)
‹ Previous12
  • What is the future of gaming?

We will check back in on this thread in ten years.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Huge advancements that nobody will be able to see because all GPU hardware is used for Crypto mining.

Wait thats now.

We will all be dead because of Crypto mining.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I have become extremely cynical, so many many more micro transactions, the end of narrative, grind for ever
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • This is catnip for Hair to go tonto on VR
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Haptic groin feedback.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There’ll be a PS6.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Remakes and remasters.

Yes please, who doesn't like a cracking cover version

edit: oh yeah, everyone except old fucks like me who are set in my ways
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    GTAV Remastered, and a largely bug-free Cyberpunk
  • Real predictions.

The line between game and interactive experience will blur more.
    There will still be games as we know them but the market will broaden to include markets/audiences/products that can utilise the tool sets but in different ways that aren't necessarily fitting with being a "game". This is happening, Epic want it to happen, China want Epic to happen so it will happen.
    Covid has also accelerated virtual event concepts and now those proofs of concept are out there I expect them to continue.

Along with and to support that broadening the idea of having dedicated gaming hardware will dilute to fit demographics that don't want to spend £500 on TV boxes. Consoles will still exist for traditional gamers but a high percentage of the larger pool of users will access their games/experiences through the cloud. PC gaming will of course still exist and probably grow inline with eSports popularity, already seems like the kids are after gaming PCs these days.

On that eSports will continue to grow. I will continue to not really understand it. Sky will try to add an eSports channel and be shunned, it will be big news.

Physical media will largely die this gen. PS6 wont have a disc drive and MS will phase it out. However there may be a solution on digital ownership, its quite possible as this expands into the masses governments will get involved with this.

Nintendo will either stick to physical media and further cement themselves as dedicated to pure gaming, or do something greedy and mental but still cement themselves as dedicated to pure gaming. No F-Zero will be released, not even a GX remaster, not even the GC version on the Eshop. Mario 64 will be released again twice more before 2031 with no improvements.

VR will continue to roll on and improve. Headsets will become smaller, lighter and more refined. As a gaming solution it will remain second fiddle to the TV/monitors but will begin to spread into the extended market I predicted above and have a larger market share there than it does currently in the traditional gamersphere.

The average age of gamers will increase. This is an easy one. Most of us here are the first generation to grow up with controllers in hand so as we age we drag that average age up. Younger gens will be more comfortable with gaming on the go, touchscreens and VR.
  • Cyberpunk 2077, finally patched.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Cyberpunk 2077, finally patched.

He said 10 years time not 56 years time.
  • Exactly, in 10 years time it'll be the future of gaming
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Games will be a distant memory in the ruined wasteland that was once Western Civilisation.
  • In the future, you don't play videogames. They play you.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Still paying for NES version of Donkey Kong.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 45th anniversary Zelda collection. Yes I’ll have that.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jeez, way to sudddenly feel super old
  • Serious prediction? Cloud gaming is the future.

In 10 years, it’ll be a viable and attractive alternative to buying consoles.

In 20 years, it’ll be ubiquitous. There’s no room for heavy computation power in a pair of slim AR/VR glasses.

In 30 years, same but now the glasses are just contact lenses with a fancy display layer. 

And in 40 years, people never take them out.
  • I think AR will become the main form of entertainment. The application of your own desired view painted over reality. The natural world populated with NPCs, missions and games generated on the fly using AI. A whole society absorbed in that which is not really there, sating their needachievement through artifical and unproductive means, all the while being spat at by neoluddites.

All participants in AR forced to see individuals as they want to be seen (avatar overlay). Their virtual self a true expression of what they feel. The virtual entity eventually gaining more legal rights than the actual human.

Discrimination cases are abundant. Rich people whk can afford the newest skins get preferential treatment. A multiple tier society coalesces.

The bear and badger forum remains the last bastion of pre-wanker society.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nobody done the obligatory WiiU will be out gag? This place is losing it's touch.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Private lobbies in Drive Club?
  • As Poprock said.

No more consoles.  They will be replaced with a subscription based model that can be played on phones and televisions.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Some day there will be a narrative focused mobile game that's a break out cultural success, and makes designers and critics alike look on mobile as a potential equal to console and PC.
    (maybe this is already happening? I don't really play mobile games)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Shigsy will sadly pass away and there will be a staunch Switch 2 edition with his face on the back.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Some day there will be a narrative focused mobile game that's a break out cultural success, and makes designers and critics alike look on mobile as a potential equal to console and PC.
    (maybe this is already happening? I don't really play mobile games)

May I introduce you to Genshin Impact
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Apple really aren’t helping here. Played about 2 mins of Oceanhorn 2 on Arcade and while on the surface it looks like Zelda-alike the gameplay is woeful.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!