The 3DS Thread
  • for instance I downloaded army defender, its a mix between shmup and some kind of tower defense (the waves get harder) but i'm seemingly shit at it. Partly because it doesn't hold my attention long enough to be good at it.

tempted to youtube some wr's though as i bet it goes fucking mental later on.

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • My 3DS friend code:

1848-1651-3645 Marky

If MK would be kind enough to add me to the OP, please.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Anyone else going to grab Mario Tennis Open? I have no idea why but I'm super excited about this game. I think it's the online multiplayer that I'm looking forward too, I've been loving Mario Kart 7 online and want something else to play.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm getting it. Not completely buzzing about it. But will grab.
  • bump for skondo.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cheers mk, obviously scanned threads too quickly and missed this one. Buying a Zelda edition from a friend who's decided he wants a Vita instead. Will post my friend code and add people when I collect it. Thinking of getting Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and Pilot Wings. Good choices?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Pilotwings is OK, but only get it if you can find it cut-price, it's a bit insubstantial.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • mk and KI are quality through and through and plenty of milage including online.

SFIV is pretty good if you're into fighting games. Tetris is a decent version for about 20 quid in Game/hmv et al. Mario 3d is brilliant.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Thinking of getting Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and Pilot Wings. Good choices?

I've clocked more time on Mario Kart 7 than I have any other 3DS game, and it's almost more hours than I spent in Fallout 3 at this point. Anyone who owns a 3DS needs a copy of Mario Kart 7.

In other news, Mario Tennis Open is a bit hit and miss. HIT AND MISS, GEDDIT.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'll still probably get this just for the MP.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    So, the patch for Mario Kart 7 is out. You need to run a system update on your 3DS (mine came up automatically) and then download the patch from the eShop. An easy way to find it is to point your 3DS' camera at this QR code. AFAIK you can't play MK online until you get this patch. I cannot wait for the first person to plunge off the track on Wuhu Mountain Loop, only to be put back in the right place. It's going to be glorious.
    mk64 wrote:
    I'll still probably get this just for the MP.

I'm tempted as well, it should be fun. Just a shame that some of the features aren't well thought out.
  • just got the mk7 update, thank god. I can start playing this again now.

The WR's are unbelievable now though, i'm miles off and the strats they are using are mental.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Can't say Tennis is sounding like a full-pricer. Kid Icarus is £23 in a lot of places, and Kingdom Hearts and Theatrythm have been available for pre-order for the same. I'd rather pay less for the more substantial experiences.
  • Just did the Mario Kart 7 update and went for an online game. First track selected was Wuhu Mountain Loop. Sure enough there were a couple of people stopping to leap off the track. They came last and I was amused.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • nintendo done good.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Mal0wner wrote:
    Just did the Mario Kart 7 update and went for an online game. First track selected was Wuhu Mountain Loop. Sure enough there were a couple of people stopping to leap off the track. They came last and I was amused.

KARMIC JUSTICE.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Can't say Tennis is sounding like a full-pricer.

Aye, it's sounding like a wait-until-it's-on-sale game to me.
  • So just as I was about to lose all hope for the 3ds eshop, i look yesterday and VVVVVV is finally out in UK.

Now they just need to start dropping some of those snes games.
  • does anyone go through or near waterloo or london bridge on their commute?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    This fan made trailer for a 3DS F-Zero just makes me sadder that one hasn't been announced yet.

• It just has to be in development
  • Also, i've been mooching on through the SP quest quite nicely. I've got quite a few hats now. Anyone got a fav? I'm donning the Dark Lord one at the moment. I think i've got about 10 to get. Yellow Yoshi is tastey too.

Not made much progress on the tiles since my massive 40 the other week at the Kid Icarus event thing.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Recently I've been pimping it out with the crown you get for the first play through.
  • 3ds hat rocks :)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Do we have a Mario Kart 7 thread on this forum yet? I've been beating some of my times. Managed to beat my Bowser's Castle and Rosalina's Ice World times by two seconds each last night.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Can't say Tennis is sounding like a full-pricer. Kid Icarus is £23 in a lot of places, and Kingdom Hearts and Theatrythm have been available for pre-order for the same. I'd rather pay less for the more substantial experiences.

Didn't know about Theatrhythm. Just preorded from Amazon for £22.99 with a lovely wee stylus and sticker set. Also found MGS 3D on there for £25 so that's ordered, and Crush for £8.99 so that's ordered. 

Prime trial.. go.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think my 3DS is my favourite console.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I think my 3DS is my favourite console.

I was thinking that last night. Shoddy build quality aside, it's just got something about it.
  • i've almost walked a 2 million steps with it. The only thing about it is that i'm struggling to finish any games on it because i'm crap at rpgs.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here's a question - I already have a decent-ish 3DS case. It only holds 6 games. There's one I saw that holds 12, but I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards a really really nice slim pouch almost (like a PSP or Vita) and then a separate game case?

Cheeerrsss

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!