adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You can get Starfox for £15 if you order online at PCWorld, but it looks like you have to collect in-store.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • WorKid wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Following a very brief dalliance with a Vita - returned for refund. I should pick up my 3DS this weekend. Zelda Anniversary 3DS with Ocarina of Time. Also have Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D Land, Rhythm Thief and Dead or Alive ready to play. Is Starfox any good? Loved that on the N64.

You've got the games but not the console? Prepared.

Looks like a cracking selection. I really need to get a 3DS, don't I?

Correct Workid, I have the games but not the console. I used the refund on the Vita I returned to fund the 3DS games and a couple of new 360 games. I didn't realise how many great games there are on the 3DS right now until I started browsing on Amazon. It's a great time to get a 3DS. Harvest Moon next month too.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Picked up Mario Tennis today. Perfect for 15-20 minute bouts, but it really makes me want Mario Golf...
  • started ocarina but just like when i started it on the n64, its a bit open for me already. I'd like it more linear with pointers so i know which direction to head. Beautiful though.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • That's kinda the point.  How can you not revel in the glorious freedom of exploration and discovery?  You'll always be nagged by your fairy if you get too distracted trying to shoot crows or whatever.  Linearity would have absolutely ruined it for me.
  • It's the first 5 minutes. Give me some pointers :) or at least the option to turn on a marker for where I should go. Ala gtaiv
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'll now assume you are being ironic.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    started ocarina but just like when i started it on the n64, its a bit open for me already. I'd like it more linear with pointers so i know which direction to head. Beautiful though.

If you're five minutes in, I assume you're still in the forest village. Just run around, explore, talk to people. It's the Mario 64 equivalent of the castle grounds; a safe place to work out how things work. You won't be stuck for long, it'll soon become clear where you're meant to go.

Hell, after this point you'll be getting pestered by Navi all the time. For now, just play, and enjoy that.
    regmcfly wrote:
    Picked up Mario Tennis today. Perfect for 15-20 minute bouts, but it really makes me want Mario Golf...

I want a Mario Golf for 3DS about as much as I want a Metroid or an F-Zero. Get a wiggle on, Nintendo, I want to throw money at you.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • New blood wants 3DS fwends. My friend code is in my sig. 

I'm adding everyone on the list, cheers.

mk, how are you finding ocarina? mighty tempted.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • its so far so good but i'm just a bit daunted. I know the speedrun is 7 hours so i'm probably looking at a 25 hour game first run through? The thing i dont like about rpgs is the idea that I might miss something and have to go back to get it. I hope Oot doesn't have too many moments like this.

I'm re-running hard difficulty of Fire Emblem SS, I kinda wilted on the idea i'd be able to finish the 2nd to last level with the team i had. I need someone who can fly and be strong other than myrr so i've gone back to teh start. Huff. That would explain the 80 hours i've spent on the game. Will be pleased to put it down, I wont quite be settled until i do. Hopefully the new one wont be out before I finish Oot. Also still got fucking gbc zelda to finish.
  • Well, I'm going on holiday tomorrow (Barcelona and Porto), so OOT is just what the doctor ordered. Hope I'll find time to play in between festivals. 3DS games are way over-priced here in Malta, too.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • yes, i'm really gee'ing (if thats a word) it up for my up and coming travelling to moscow and the couple of weeks i'll be there. It'll be nice and relaxing when i'm tired from trying to learn russian and doing stuff. Not least the 5 hour or so flights there and back.. there's 20 hours already i can pump into this.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    its so far so good but i'm just a bit daunted. I know the speedrun is 7 hours so i'm probably looking at a 25 hour game first run through? The thing i dont like about rpgs is the idea that I might miss something and have to go back to get it. I hope Oot doesn't have too many moments like this.

Dude, forget about speed runs and just play it. Explore, do your own thing. See something you think you can reach? Try and reach it. Don't play Ocarina worried about some sort of checklist of things to do, or some time limit in mind, just play.

For the record, I don't think there are any secrets you can miss, it's always possible to go back and try again. Make sure you grab the heart piece after beating a boss, though, you won't get that back if you ignore it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • how do i switch weapons to different buttons? I have shield as R but if i wanted to switch it how do i do it?
  • Your sword and shield are the only items that you can't re-assign.
  • they should've told me that *eye roll*

Thanks for the tip!
  • had a little play at lunch. I seemed to assign something to a button which doesn't actually exist so i held the touch screen. Is that right? Or which button is i and ii? Loving the catapault. Took out some spidey looking things. In my first dungeon i suppose and jumped off the top to break the spiderweb. Now in the basement and looking to bring the heat.
  • i and ii are touchscreen only but quite easy to use with the thumb.  I generally assign non-combat items such as sticks to those 'buttons' though as in the heat of battle I prefer to have my weapons on the X and Y buttons.  Kokiri Forest and the first dungeon are a nifty tutorial in old-school-3D Zelda but, once you're done in the tree, there is much awesomeness to behold from that point on.
  • cheers!!
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    You can get Starfox for £15 if you order online at PCWorld, but it looks like you have to collect in-store.

Thanks for this tip RedEye. Unfortunately no branch near me has a copy - denied. However, I went to see my Mum and Dad today and it was in stock at the branch near them. £14.97 for some Fox McCloud goodness, bargain. Thanks again.

• Just got a eurogamer ticket for saturday the 27th of september. Anyone else going? Sas you usually go right? blue? You in?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    If by 'blue' you mean me, I think we've covered this before; I'm in New Zealand. I probably won't be attending anything that occurs in Europe. ;)
  • i keep going to call you by your real name but not everyone likes that :)

you never know, you are allowed back in the country right?!

do you have an equivelent of GAME in Nz?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    do you have an equivelent of GAME in Nz?

We actually have EB Games, which is a trip down memory lane.
  • is it doing well? And do many people have 3DS? and do you have "shows" like eurogamer/animecon etc
  • I've finally started seeing 3DS's in Korea. 

Now I want one.
  • managed to sneak into the castle to speak to the princess. I likey this game :)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    is it doing well? And do many people have 3DS? and do you have "shows" like eurogamer/animecon etc

There's two branches in the Podunk town I'm in, so it must be doing alright. Just a bit weird to see EBs after all this time of it being GAME and Gamestation.
    I've finally started seeing 3DS's in Korea.  Now I want one.

Do it. My favourite handheld ever. So many wonderful titles on the system.
    mk64 wrote:
    managed to sneak into the castle to speak to the princess. I likey this game :)

Top job. :)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Be safer to wait until E3 given how close it is, surely? Fantastic platform, shame about the console.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!