Misogyny and other gender issues.
  • Busted not looking at Brooks link.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • ‘I feel for you women everywhere if this is what your inboxes actually look like.’

It's a cheap source of constant validation, but it is a source. Likes with faces. Ultimately bad.
  • My sympathy is limited. I’ve no doubt being inundated with horny dick has some major draw backs, but having too many options is always better than having too few.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Sounding like incel logic there.
  • Sounding like incel logic there.

Not something I ever thought could be directed at a guy who got a hottie off tinder to blow him, cum on her face, and go out into the street.
    Prepare for disappointment
  • My sympathy is limited. I’ve no doubt being inundated with horny dick has some major draw backs, but having too many options is always better than having too few.

The former is more subtly corrosive than the latter but I'm not sure of the contest here.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Sounding like incel logic there.

Not something I ever thought could be directed at a guy who got a hottie off tinder to blow him, cum on her face, and go out into the street.

I'm aware noxy is anything but, but his logic there is the same.
  • An unsolicited dick pic surely rules out the sender as an ‘option.’
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not if you like dicks.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Noxy no
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • The tone and content of that link are opposing. sure the vibe is all 'hey men, now do you see why women have it so bad in dating?' but the citations say otherwise. 

46 matches in 5 minutes (oh no) and apparently inundated with creepy messages from guys. There are two given examples- "Hi Jordan! That was a nice surprise, it’s lovely to meet you! ‘So what’s your go to car music? If we’re going to drive across America we need to get things like this sorted out!’", and "Hey beautiful"

of all the horrific messages they get those are the ones that get screen grabbed or reprinted. That's literally it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You wouldn’t find 46 matches in five minutes a bit weird and off-putting? I mean, it seems unlikely that any of these matches are coming from people putting any thought or energy into what they’re doing, it’s almost certainly all coming from people swiping right on every picture they see. Fine if all you’re after is a shag, but probably not if you’re interested in anything else.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    You wouldn’t find 46 matches in five minutes a bit weird and off-putting? I mean, it seems unlikely that any of these matches are coming from people putting any thought or energy into what they’re doing, it’s almost certainly all coming from people swiping right on every picture they see. Fine if all you’re after is a shag, but probably not if you’re interested in anything else.

how can it possibly be off-putting? you dont match with people you arent attracted to. That is the primary purpose and filter of swiping. 

really if there's anyone to feel sorry for in that it's the guy so desperate for a hint of attention that he's experimenting with that awful 'let's go to America' opener. There's your empathy gap. and now he's been shamed by the Metro with name, face and picture.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

how can it possibly be off-putting? you dont match with people you arent attracted to. That is the primary purpose and filter of swiping. 

That doesn’t seem to be the primary purpose for any of those 46 guys.
  • if a woman getting 46 matches in 5 minutes is proof of anything it's proof of how miserable online dating is for the majority of guys. it's proof that the vast majority of guys arent ever matching with women they are attracted to. it implies last resort on their behalf; they will literally consider anyone.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That feels like a leap to me.
  • Noxy has a point on the rate of matches.
    You have to have said yes to them as well for it to be a match.

If you got 46 messages you swiped right on at least 46 people.

Men are generally more active in opening messaging which is a mirror of real life. In fact I see a lot of women on Tinder that expect men to message first. (As in they so exactly that in their bio)

If women dont want men opening the conversation then go on Bumble where they literally can't.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s worth remembering here that what happens on dating apps will be a reflection of what women deal with in their day to day lives as well, where there is no matching before someone tries to strike up a conversation.
  • Fair play. Not an angle I had thought about, but also wouldnt doubt for a second.
  • finally we found a suitably woke conclusion
  • Two girls 46 cups :s
  • https://medium.com/@cathcatlunamoon/i-was-a-sargon-fangirl-d019f3963a7b
    Interesting read. 

Age and self worth such big issues when it comes to what folks will fall for.

Also, while it's great she's come out the other side, am I just old fashioned for thinking the answer isn't necessarily just different voices on youtube. Talk about graduating google university.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • if a woman getting 46 matches in 5 minutes is proof of anything it's proof of how miserable online dating is for the majority of guys.

Yeah I've never understood why any bloke even bothers with these systems, the stats shriek for themselves.
  • The tinder inbox message is the new catcall.
    Hey luv! Pssssttt, over here......
    (Strokes ego)
    Steam: sirPunk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    if a woman getting 46 matches in 5 minutes is proof of anything it's proof of how miserable online dating is for the majority of guys.
    Yeah I've never understood why any bloke even bothers with these systems, the stats shriek for themselves.
    Friends, communities, sports, clubs, shit still works ey
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It’s worth remembering here that what happens on dating apps will be a reflection of what women deal with in their day to day lives as well, where there is no matching before someone tries to strike up a conversation.

I'm was never a confident enough man to use a line like "hey beautiful" as an opening line but one friend is married to a woman who used "hey handsome" I don't see a problem with that being a first comment on a dating app.

Maybe in line at the supermarket it's not such a great opener.

SFV - reddave360
  • I will always welcome chat up lines, wherever. It's such fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!