Boneraiser Minions
  • header.jpg?t=1660514130
    Steam Link
    Systems: PC Only

Description
    "Amass an army of deamonic undead to fight endless waves of heroes intent to end your boneraising ways! In this gothic-horror auto-battle roguelite, use the bones of slain heroes to raise your minions, collect powerful relics and spells, and unlock meta upgrades, all to survive King Gigald's crusade!"

Genre: Rougelike

Reminiscent of: The Binding of Isaac, Rouge Legacy, shmup bullet hell 

First the price, £1.69.  It's hard not to dwell on the price as the game keeps on giving, there's so many ideas in this: different characters, online leaderboard, meta upgrades and even a separate card game.  
    The base game is that bit in Isaac where you have lots of creatures doing your battling for you and you just avoid all the enemies and their projectiles.  There is a constant drip of powerups (to your legion; spells and trinkets) so each run is super unique plus there are meta upgrades (ala Rouge Legacy) which persist.
    Super addictive and moreish
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thought this was gonna be one of those dodgy anime adult games.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    It's a palate cleanser

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. Looks like a cross between Flicky and Smash TV.  Nice.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Everything apart from 'PC only' appeals.
  • Although tbf I'd back my laptop to run it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm a bit of a Steam head now so I've no real issues with it. I need to be up close to the screen for this type of game now.
  • Yeah, its great on the steam deck

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

Just look at thread starter. If its Cinty, it will be.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm just happy sitting at my PC with an arcade stick for shmups now. My monitor is on a rotating stand for TATE. I'm almost converted to using PC for shmups. No way I'll be ditching my shmup console collection though as I have a dedicated rotated CRT for that.
  • I misread the title

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Am I just bad at this?
    Can beat the first wizard boss but after that I get overwhelmed on the second attack so never reach the next boss (whatever that is).
    I've bought everything and even most of the extra enemy attacks but can't get any further. It's those damn dudes with the spinning weapons that mess me up.
    I unlocked one new character but even with that one I can't get any further.
    You rang.....
  • How are you spending your upgrades in game?
    I made it to third boss and I’m shit at games

• Buying everything I can. Been round enough times to be able to afford all the upgrades for both characters I have.
    Either I'm worse than you or missing something.
    You rang.....
  • Not related but I remember not realising The Ninja on Master System had an invisibility move with a huge window of invulnerability until a few months in.  It required a complicated combination of two buttons pressed simultaneously.  Didn't have a manual for that one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!