Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    So, either we've not done this for a while or my memory is finally on the fritz. What old games would you like to see get a re-release/HD upgrade on PSN and XBLA. Rather than just typing a name and nothing else, explain why you would like to see it and how it would be relevant in today's cut-throat world of digital shenanigans.

For me:

39613-Blast_Corps_%2528Europe%2529_%2528En%252CDe%2529-10.jpg

Still the greatest game Rare ever made. The Blast Corps company must destroy buildings and/or create a safe path for a vehicle carrying a pair of defective nuclear missiles to prevent global meltdown.

With a graphical tart-up and time trial levels/online leaderboard support, I reckon this still would find an audience for retro-heads and modern-day gamers.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'd like to see a HD version of Dark Chronicle simply because it's a wonderful game.  I'd preferably like to see it come to the Vita.
    Get schwifty.

• I don't want the graphics improved or anything, I love the way it looks. Of course, they'd have to dig up the old code and actually finish it first.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    SHENMUUUUUUE.

Because it's SHENMUUUUUUE.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Mouldy, what is that? Can't see it at work.

I'd like to see a HDmake of my favourite SNES RPGs as they'll look gorgeous in HD on vivid screens. They'd be small enough in size to not take up much space too. I'm talking about the likes of Secret of Mana, Terranigma, etc.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    But slightly more seriously, there's some Sega stuff I'd like to see get remade. I'd like remake compilations of the Shining Force and Phantasy Star series. I know they've been released on MD compilations and stuff, not I'm not a huge fan of those emulated things (if for no other reason than their execution tends to be thoroughly incompetent outside of the emulation itself). Shining Force III sounds like it was a bit of a mess with various discs and stuff.
  • Elite of course, but just the wire-frame original, no tarting up.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    No, ArcElite, the bestest version of Elite!
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Exile. 

Massive world, with 'real' physics. A proper action-puzzler. It's perfect for the format.

_-Exile-C64-_.gif
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    SHENMUUUUUUE. Because it's SHENMUUUUUUE.

Is that not rumoured to be in the works for XBLA?  I'd really like to play that again.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    No, ArcElite, the bestest version of Elite!

Real space trading ships in the year god-knows-what wouldn't be pastel low-res polygons. They'd be wire-frame.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again: Exile.  Massive world, with 'real' physics. A proper action-puzzler. It's perfect for the format. _-Exile-C64-_.gif

Fuck and yeah.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Can you not get Elite for the iPad?

Would work quite well on there I'd imagine.
  • I'd like to see Gradius V, which for me is vastly superior to Treasure's frankly over hyped Ikaruga for being much less austere and FUN TO PLAY. It's one of the best shooters I've ever played and as the pinacle of the Gradius series, it deserves being preserved and adapted for HD TVs.

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • @mod The F1 to F12 and so on would, can't stand virtual pads though.
  • Planet Harriers.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oooh yes.
    Get schwifty.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Mouldy, what is that? Can't see it at work. I'd like to see a HDmake of my favourite SNES RPGs as they'll look gorgeous in HD on vivid screens. They'd be small enough in size to not take up much space too. I'm talking about the likes of Secret of Mana, Terranigma, etc.

It's the sequel to Earthbound, originally going to be a 64DD game. Got cancelled although apparently there is a sequel on the GBA. I love the way this one looks though, ah 90's 3D graphics!

I played quite a few SNES RPGs that were Japanese only releases on emulator with fan translation patches. Would love to have some of them done officially - I tend to give them more time if they're on the TV rather than PC. I remember quite taking to Bahamut Lagoon.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • A new Dark Seed would be amazing.

darkseed.jpg
  • Wetrix, Shadowrun (the original just in HD) and rainbow islands.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'd like to see Gradius V, which for me is vastly superior to Treasure's frankly over hyped Ikaruga for being much less austere and FUN TO PLAY.

Ikaruga is one of the best games ever made.
  • So I hear.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Wetrix

If we got that on the 3DS I'd wet(rix) myself.
    Get schwifty.
  • Basically the Amiga, please. So stuff like Chaos Engine, Skidmarks, Super Sprint, Canon Fodder, Dune 2, Flashback, Another World, Wings, Mega Lo Mania, Pang, Gods, New Zealand Story, Blood Money....

Straight ports would do!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg

And no, I don't want the iPhone version.
  • Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins because it's fantastic. Ghouls n' Ghosts was a broken mess and Ultimate went some way to making up for Capcom momentarily ballsing up one of their best franchises.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    ?  I thought Ghouls n' Ghost was great.  I was terrible at it, but I thought it was great.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's not a patch on Ghosts n' Goblins. The fluidity is missing. The gameplay in Ghouls bears almost no relation.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Basically the Amiga, please. So stuff like Chaos Engine, Skidmarks, Super Sprint, Canon Fodder, Dune 2, Flashback, Another World, Wings, Mega Lo Mania, Pang, Gods, New Zealand Story, Blood Money.... Straight ports would do!
    That's what I was going to say.
  • Desert Strike, Road Rash, Chase HQ, Operation Wolf, IK+, Wings, Knights of the Sky, Syndicate...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • SWORD OF SODAN

..and all of Matty's post
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!