2022 was a long year, what did people miss?
‹ Previous12
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Genuine question, after two years of a pandemic, I missed most movies at the cinema, coupled with a toddler.

What will people have missed? Don't spout highest grossing movie Top Gun, or Taylor Tour, but what might have slipped?

For me, it's the Peacemaker series.
  • So if we missed the Top Gun film but quite fancied watching it we shouldn't mention it?
  • I've missed loads. Not been to the cinema since Endgame. I've spent most of 2022 indoors away from people. So many movies missed. Having a third child was a silly idea. I'm so tired.

Thing I've missed most that isn't media related is training at the dojo. I've had to sit and watch so many of my instructor peers move up or move on without me :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've missed Triangle of Sadness and The Menu but will rectify that soon.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    My family.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I had tickets booked for The Banshees of Inisherin but the wife was unwell. Could've gone on my own but we've seen the rest of the brothers' films together so it can wait. Also missed The Batman but it's just popped up on Sky so I'll fix that soon.

Dahmer slipped. Caught enough to know I should've given it a go but was busy not missing indie Switch stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    So if we missed the Top Gun film but quite fancied watching it we shouldn't mention it?

I'm afraid you are already dead
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I had tickets booked for The Banshees of Inisherin but the wife was unwell. Could've gone on my own but we've seen the rest of the brothers' films together so it can wait. Also missed The Batman but it's just popped up on Sky so I'll fix that soon.

Dahmer slipped. Caught enough to know I should've given it a go but was busy not missing indie Switch stuff.
    ..banshees is my number 1
  • 2022 was a pretty normal year, wasn’t it? 2020-21 was fucked.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    So, name something in the 2022 zeitgeist (except some new films) and I've more than likely missed it.

Kate Bush?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve missed holidays. Going on my first one tomorrow after more than three years.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    Am I missing a joke there?

Bush had a popularity resurgence this year thanks to Stranger Things (I think?), and Running Up That Hill got to number 1 on the previously known as Pepsi Chart.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I miss the lockdown. Seriously. I worked as normal through it, but I miss not having to queue in traffic to leave the city, I miss not having to queue in traffic to get into my home town, I miss the bus being quiet, I miss the street outside my flat being mostly deserted any time I went outside.

The lockdown and, more importantly, the return to normal has made me realise that I've had my fill of living in a town centre, and need to live somewhere a bit more isolated.

I miss it too. For an introvert like me it was great not having to have an excuse to avoid people.
    I understand how hard it was on so many people though and would wish that people never had to experience it but I do miss the isolation
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I still haven't been to a cinema post-Covid. I'm not sure what could tempt me back at this point though. Marvel has been pretty missable. I don't care about Avatar.

I feel like gaming has actually slipped off my radar quite a lot the last few weeks. I need to clear some of my Switch backlog.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I've barely listened to new music since about 2005.

Nothing good has happened in the last decade. Draw a line in the sand at 2005 and leave it there.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:
    I've barely listened to new music since about 2005.

Nothing good has happened in the last decade. Draw a line in the sand at 2005 and leave it there.

Unless you like shite British rap/grime that sounds like its been written by 12 year olds that have just watched kidulthood. Then your in for a treat.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    I miss the lockdown. Seriously. I worked as normal through it, but I miss not having to queue in traffic to leave the city, I miss not having to queue in traffic to get into my home town, I miss the bus being quiet, I miss the street outside my flat being mostly deserted any time I went outside.

The lockdown and, more importantly, the return to normal has made me realise that I've had my fill of living in a town centre, and need to live somewhere a bit more isolated.

I miss it too. For an introvert like me it was great not having to have an excuse to avoid people.
    I understand how hard it was on so many people though and would wish that people never had to experience it but I do miss the isolation

Lockdown bros unite!
    Get schwifty.
  • I too miss the lockdown. Life was simpler. This year I've missed quite a bit. Ive missed having proper time to myself. Ive missed time with the wife, I dunno, I feel like I've just been peddling on a hamster wheel for the majority of 2022
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I too miss the lockdown. Life was simpler. This year I've missed quite a bit. Ive missed having proper time to myself. Ive missed time with the wife, I dunno, I feel like I've just been peddling on a hamster wheel for the majority of 2022

I spent years of my peddling hard as fuck on that hamster wheel, and for a brief moment I thought I’d slipped off it. Life’s a complete bastard, let me tell you.
    Get schwifty.
  • For the briefest time in our lives it seemed like we might actually learn that the hamster wheel is not the only way for our society to thrive.
    Work from home actually worked, people were happier not commuting, saving money on extortionate rail fares and bringing pollution down as a side effect.
    Organisations seemed to suddenly pay attention to things such as the mental health and well being of their staff and addressing broken work/life balances.

It seemed like we could actually show the world that there was a better way.

But then nope. GET BACK ON THAT HAMSTER WHEEL PLEBS! FORGET WHAT YOUVE LEARNED, THE OLD WAYS ARE THE BEST. MAKE US MONEY.

Fuck
  • Can't say I really miss stuff these days as I try not to buy into hype as much. Leaves the few things I have on my radar easier to pick up on.

Leaves a lot more space for pleasant surprises, which beats meeting of expectation.

I don't think we are in an especially interesting era for media either. There is a lot of good stuff still but not much really peaks GOAT level. There is a shit load of content and a lot of it is quite formulaic currently, even more unashamedly than in the past.
  • Lockdown can fuck off.
    Miserable.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I miss people covering their mouths when they cough.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I miss being able to park at work easily. That's about it.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!