What would you/do you, most like to smash the shit out of in games?
‹ Previous123
  • Sneaky one this I do admit! It's research for my latest but I also thought it could make a mighty thread!

So mighty thread is go! Bit of a two parter though,really, as in, what currently in games do you like fucking up, be it an environment, character, vehicle, prop, innocent animal, and so, and why! Does it hark back to dark childhood days? (I dont realy care why but i'm hoping for some transexual based anecdotes from DS) And what would you LIKE to smash up

Personally I want to smash the thingy that did that terrible thing at the end of hl2 ep2, and i'd like to smash up everything in ff13, and in honest, innocent ways, smash up a bunch of mechs all walking around and i dont know how to visualise that but it would look pretty cool

I'd love to hear your violent intentions, deeply
  • Zombies.

Always with the zombies.
    It's like shooting peoples but it's okay because they're already dead so I'm helping them stay more deader.
  • Ninja Gaiden 2 surpised me, in that I never thought I'd enjoy a game more because you can hack off enemies' limbs and heads and leave a mess of body parts in your wake. But then the enemies were so vicious and merciless that it started to become a real pleasure being able ot take out your gaming frustrations on them so fully.

So yeah, the more nasty your adversaries, the more you want to smash the shit out of them. I guess that's pretty basic logic though.
  • Light bulbs. Especially in splinter cell.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Wooden crates.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Randomly placed red barrels, usually next to patrol paths.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Those last 3 posts not only made me laugh, but game me an ingenious idea! Carry on
  • RE: Barrels and crates - I guess you could expand that to anything that could either contain something useful, or explode.
  • Most commonly, the television screen with the control pad.

What I'd most like to smash up? I dunno, probably something like David Cameron's big greasy smug face. There are plenty of other greasy smug faces I'd also like to bash up, his just came to mind first.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I wanna break many small support bits of a much larger bit so the large bit satisfyingly topples over in a big whoosh.  In fact that's given me an idea for a game, so you can't have it and if I see a game you make that has that in it it's all over pal.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I love me some explosions. And fire. I'm currently playing through Far Cry 2 again, and the amount and variety of exploding items is a joy. I'd rather take up a sniping position and cause havoc by exploding barrels and gas cannisters and the resulting firestorms than get into close combat.

I'd like more fire please. I worry about myself sometimes.
  • Skerret wrote:
    I wanna break many small support bits of a much larger bit so the large bit satisfyingly topples over in a big whoosh.  In fact that's given me an idea for a game, so you can't have it and if I see a game you make that has that in it it's all over pal.

sorry,thought about this first, already doin it, i should have told you, sorry
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Buildings.
  • I worry about myself sometimes.

Don't, that's what's good about Far Cry 2. Most didn't get it, too busy moaning about videogame stuff.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • And single shot, a gas bottle spinning through the air, fire sweeping through the tall grass trapping enemy mercs. Then the screaming starts...
  • Burst in through the flames and finish off the living with a machete.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    ...can't wait for Far Cry 3!
  • What else?

street_fighter_destroy_car_original.jpg
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Management consultants.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Stuff in arcade driving games. Bus stops, fire hydrants etc. 

Having revisited Midnight Club this last week my favourite bit was swerving into an underground car park and ploughing straight through the attendant kiosk. It subsequently wrapped itself  around my bonnet and I couldn't see a thing for the next 200m as I swerved wildly to try and shake it off. 

This was all at around 120mph, with opponent cars nipping at rear. Brilliant.
  • I wanted to be able to crash into all of the side pillars in this stage when I was a kid. And I wanted to be able to drive through them all with the top bits then crumbling down behind me in my wake. Reality was that i'd clip a pixel of one and my car would flip three times.

outrun-5.jpg
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYiRnfyoTmVWtRPCJaS0v0QCIvUlB_ZjQrX40cPbE-bj7NlZWB
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    1255573749089_f.jpg
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret wrote:
    1255573749089_f.jpg

i dont know what this means, how do i make it into a game, without giving you credit of course
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Lt Smash!  The rest is fuzzy.
  • I think that's bart
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShmQE_j_rYhq5sVnxjlAICHzn6VgM298TRpM7M7QBEtLZG69FqMQ
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Make Blastcorps.

Now.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I don't have many transexual anicdotes, Gunn, so for that I apologise, but I like shooting things in the head, with the pistol, in FEAR. And then shooting barrels that're near their bodies so they cascade into a shower of blood and death and delight.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    And bottles. Always knife inanimate bottles.
  • Stabbing melons at the expense of KDR on Crossfire on CoD4 online
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!