Final Fantasy XIV
  • I wrote a thing about Final Fantasy XI, if anyone is interested in that sort of thing.

I'll give it a read, thanks.
  • I'm glad I wrote that now, as I've since had it in my head to try to be more sociable. Today, I was heading into Mhaura, bemused by what looked like a load of NPC's stood outside it. Turns out they are a new thing called Trust Magic. The person who they belonged to added me to their friends list, and on hearing I was back after years away walked me through some of the newer things, including starting me off with this trust thing.

So thanks to this person, I can now move around the world a lot easier, as I didn't know that you can now teleport between Homepoints, and there is a thing called survival guides that you can also teleport with.

Previously, when they asked if I was busy, I'd have just said 'Yeah, about to go fishing', which I was. But because I didn't I learned a load of new things, and the game has become much betterr as a result!.
  • Read your piece, Dante.  Sweet man.  It's a game that resonates deeply with my core gaming being.  Madcapsules was the linkshell that I was in and completed all my story and expansion elements with.  Good times.

Any linkshell named after a Japanese punk band has to be cool right?

I bump into the leader on Steam every now and again.  She's now a proud mum.  I will forward your article.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I wrote a thing about Final Fantasy XI, if anyone is interested in that sort of thing.

Great read. Pretty much sums my experience with FFXI, L2 and WoW up. Good times. Times that will stay with us forever.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    In typical Square fashion they make everything as difficulty as possible for returning players and people in general. So ARR was on sale on PSN for 12.49 so I bought it yesterday with the intention of logging in with my PC account. Apparently you can't do that though. You need to add the windows account to the PSN version of the game and then set up a sub. To do this you need the registration key but I can't ever remember getting one from Square on PC.

Then of course there was the whole updates malarkey for the game and the password reset not working for some reason. Anyway, I'll try and sort it out in the next few days, spent two hours at it last night and it made me angry that my evening of gaming turned into an accounts hunt and password reset marathon sprinkled with some game updates.

If I can't get my windows account to work I'll just roll again on Hyperion ;)
  • New laptop arrived today so could be up for a return.

Sweet man.  Not played for a while - up to date with the 3.3 story but that's about it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    What laptop did you get? I'm in the market for a new one too.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Made a shambles (as in bought two versions of FFXIV and subscribed to two PSN accounts) of trying to get my PC account linked to PS4, not spending any more money on the endeavour now. Rolled on Hyperion; Norfair Haak :)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Managed to get my old account sorted by Square Enix, for some reason my character is on Pheonix though :/ Guess I'll have to move him. Thought he was higher level too but only lvl 33 PLD. Anyway, kinda talking to myself here a bit :P
  • I've been reading. :)

Not much to add as I've lapsed for a bit, but I can deffo identify with your frustration at how hard Squeenix makes it to play the game.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah it's just all a bit counter intuitive. I don't understand why (seeing as it's cross platform) you can't just log into your PC account on PS4. I guess that would be too easy though. And hard locking an account once they're attached (your Square ID and PSN ID) is very unfair, especially considering in my case it was a genuine mistake whereby I attached my FFXIV 1.0 account instead of ARR - Anyway, hopefully they'll sort it out for me. All though to be perfectly honest, the mood that took me last week to actually buy the game is fast dissipating...
  • I'm back, sorry mate - work's busting ma balls!

Got a new 13 inch Alienware, pretty nice but overpriced. Still, I got one as it's wonderfully portable compared to the 15 inches I've been lugging about forever - a couple of inches makes a difference lol.

I'm Red Otter on Hyperion server - sweet FC called Ipsen Castle at:

http://www.ipsencastle.com/ipsencastle/

Totally up for doing some level 30ish stuff for funsies, get you through the story man as it's ace. I'll make a point of logging in from 9pm if you're about and I'll pay attenbtion to the thread for a few days lol
  • I'm in!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah sorry dude, I didn't check this forum last night :/ Spent the evening reacquainting myself with the PLD job anyway and setting up macros, controls ect. Just put in a World transfer to Hyperion, don't be logging in on my account though I'm happy to potter about on my own for a bit. Forgot how in-depth FFXIV is, lots to learn and relearn. 

Probably won't be in a position to play a lot but I'm sure a few hours here and there will keep me tipping away.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Can't seem to find you in player search :) I'll be playing as Shinzo Prime. Anyone else on the forums care to join? :)
  • You both have to be online to find each other.

Just got in so could make it in 30 min if you about.

I don't play masses so should work out.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Missed you again :P - Sorry. Spent the night pottering about and getting my Rogue started. I'm sure we'll catch one another at some point :D
  • Added you on PSN yesterday.  Comes through on my phone if you message me. Might make it easier too.

Was out most of yesterday then fell asleep at 8:30 when I got back lol
  • I'm on!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sounds good Elm, sorry I keep missing you, we decided to go out for a drink last night. I'll most likely be on this evening after 9pm at some stage, either on this or MH ;)

FFXIV Journal
    So this weekend I spent my time researching some basic PLD tanking techniques on a pad and macros, lots of macros. I also travelled to Limsa Lominsa to get my Rogue started and pottered about collecting my Disciple of the Land jobs. At the moment I am just focusing on the story and doing Dungeon runs when prompted to. Up to level 36 from 33 and enjoying adventuring about the lands.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Online now :)
  • I believe I have missed you once more.  Patch 3.35 has added Deep Dungeon which looks really cool and you can team up as it has its' own system.
  • Just done first 10 floors of Deep Dungeon - easy!  Presume it gets harder.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    What times do you typically play? I logged off early tonight to play some Monster Hunter.
  • Bit random mate tbh.  From 9pm is usually good.  I'm off work for a while so hopefully be more regular.  However, it is sunny and beer gardens are sweet.
  • Deep dungeon unlocks at lvl 17 - quest starts in the tavern in Gridania.  Worth checking out.  Relatively original: http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/patch-3-35-notes.15903/
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Bit random mate tbh.  From 9pm is usually good.  I'm off work for a while so hopefully be more regular.  However, it is sunny and beer gardens are sweet.

Ah yeah now worries at all. I usually don't play MMOs during the summer so it's a bit odd for me even. I'll plod along on my own for a bit, just doing the main story anyways. :)
  • Cool. How far have you got with the MSQ?
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Hi all I'm keen to get back into this. I'm on Hyperion server and it would be great to hook up with you guys if you are up for it. I'm around level 35 and stuck on a dungeon which I've not attempted since last November (I'm finding it a bit difficult, tbh, much harder than the earlier dungeons).

I'm generally on from 9pm, most week days.

Bib.
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • Always happy to help. On holiday for next couple of weeks and there's no Internet. Only have 1.8 gig hotshot data left for the next 12 days. Eeeeek!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!