Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Always happy to help. On holiday for next couple of weeks and there's no Internet. Only have 1.8 gig hotshot data left for the next 12 days. Eeeeek!

Shall we try to get some games in in a couple of weeks, then?

Is it possible to play while using PSN party chat to communicate, do you know?
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'll play, on Hyperion also. Lvl 36 PLD.
  • Back from holiday and such like now.

Rocking the Yokai Watch event lol
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I'm downloading the free trial thing of this on PS4.... looking forward to it.

Do I need to choose a particular server in case I see any of you lot on there?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    I'm on Hyperion :-)
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • The trial period for this has been removed now - can play as long as you want up to level 35. Might dive back in and see how it runs on the PS4 - I only played it on the PS3 and it was nice but slow.
  • The trial period for this has been removed now - can play as long as you want up to level 35. Might dive back in and see how it runs on the PS4 - I only played it on the PS3 and it was nice but slow.

Oooooo. I don't think I hit 35. Is that 35 per class? I think I've got a conjurer and a lancer person
  • MattyJ wrote:
    The trial period for this has been removed now - can play as long as you want up to level 35. Might dive back in and see how it runs on the PS4 - I only played it on the PS3 and it was nice but slow.

Oooooo. I don't think I hit 35. Is that 35 per class? I think I've got a conjurer and a lancer person

I think so. So once you hit 35 on a character just switch jobs and keep playing. It might get a bit repetitive but there's no need to smash it like before - the 14 day trial meant you (or rather, I) tried to get as much as possible done in that time.

Now you can just do an hour or so at a time, a day or two a week.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    The trial period for this has been removed now - can play as long as you want up to level 35. Might dive back in and see how it runs on the PS4 - I only played it on the PS3 and it was nice but slow.

I think so. So once you hit 35 on a character just switch jobs and keep playing. It might get a bit repetitive but there's no need to smash it like before - the 14 day trial meant you (or rather, I) tried to get as much as possible done in that time.

Sweet. No idea what server etc I'm on but add me on PS4 - Upper Echelon - if you fancy a dabble. I'll check my game data etc.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:

Sweet. No idea what server etc I'm on but add me on PS4 - Upper Echelon - if you fancy a dabble. I'll check my game data etc.

Cool. Might well do that. I have a character on a Jap server due to location and shitty internet meaning I need to keep Ping as low as possible. But that was on PS3 - so I'll see about starting a new character on whatever server you're on if I can.
  • Still on Hyperion server - Red Otter.

Stormblood expansion hype!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's a campaign at the moment where if a subscriber invites a lapsed subscriber back, the lapsed subscriber gets a week of free play time and both get a bunch of bonus shit. Might be worth thinking about if some of you are thinking of coming back and I'm open to being invited back as well.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I'll help if needed.
  • Nice, I may take you guys up on that - we'll see.

I forgot how much of an arse Square Enix accounts are. Had to reset my password, switch my password token to my new phone and then spend ages trying to figure out why I wasn't able to access it on the PS4.

Then I eventually found that I had to upgrade my license from the PS3.

Got there in the end and it's updating now, but it reminded me how much of a pain the whole setup is.
  • Did you find out what server you're on, Matty? I should have this fully patched today.

I'll also see if there's space on Hyperion to play with ayns.
  • Did you find out what server you're on, Matty? I should have this fully patched today.

Not yet mate but will check. It was a European one like Shiva or something... Will confirm later!
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Did you find out what server you're on, Matty? I should have this fully patched today.

Not yet mate but will check. It was a European one like Shiva or something... Will confirm later!

So apparently I deleted the game... Redownloading though!
  • So it turns out I have a few characters...

Dravogo Avagnar - Odin Server - Lancer 18, Arcanist 11, Conjurer 3
    Randor Asturmaux - Phoenix - Marauder 11
    T'ieth Zandor - Shiva - Conjurer 7

All different servers for some reason. Anyway - my account has lapsed so I need to buy time for Heavensword.
  • Cool. I've rolled on Shiva. :)
  • Egg mount.  Easter event. 15 min.  Get.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EDIT: Whooops, you need to have friended each other in game for that to work so never mind.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Been waiting a few weeks for this ever since I saw the announcement trailer. Noclip have been doing a great job with these docs. Enjoy!

• Got upgraded to the PS4 version, so just downloaded it.

Trying to sign in, I get this:

No valid service account is available to play Final Fantasy XIV.

Please exit and restart the game, then select ACCOUNT at the bottom of the launcher screen to confirm the status of your service account.

Except... There is no such option.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    You should be able to use that log in to go online to your account and do it from there?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I signed into the account on the Mog Station thing, and there is no sign of this 14 day trial I'm supposed to get.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    There's no 14 day trial anymore. They just made it free to try up to level 35 on all classes. You should just be able to pick a profession and get cracking.
  • Hmm, this was in the email I got:

If your subscription is currently inactive, you will be able to play the PlayStation®4 version for free during a 14-day period as part of this upgrade campaign.

If there is no 14 day thing any more, how do I activate the account to play up to 35 then?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hmm. No idea? 

I did have to do a thing online iirc. In the 'Service and Options' drop down on that SquareEnix Account page there is a specific option to 'Confirm Account Status'. 

I think there was a button to tick there that did something like 'Activate account' or something? It's gone now for me having clicked it. 
    I do have 3 Service Subscriptions showing on that page. An 'Account Basic Service' and 'Final Fantasy XIV 1' from 2013 and now a 'Final Fantasy XIV 2' from my recent login with Stormblood in 2017. 

Have you had a chance to get the FFXIV launcher far enough to start fully updating to Stormblood yet? I don't think mine did until I got it pretty much fully logged in. It was a fairly hefty download as I remember. 
    You might be somehow stuck in the legacy account status as it was before they dropped the 14 day thing? They seemed to have dropped it at the end of March this year.
  • Hmm, this was in the email I got:

If your subscription is currently inactive, you will be able to play the PlayStation®4 version for free during a 14-day period as part of this upgrade campaign.

If there is no 14 day thing any more, how do I activate the account to play up to 35 then?

I just logged in on PC and activated the PS4 version that way.

Then I was able to log in on the PS4.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!