Final Fantasy XIV
  • I DRGd through Heavens ward, RDM and MCH through Stormblood and now currently rolling my MCH and getting DRG back up.

Super casual though lol
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    The downside of being on a preferred server is that I’m outleveling content a bit too fast

Yeah it's nuts. I keep having to level new jobs to re-sync with the MSQ - on my third now with PLD. Although I do plan to main the NJA when I get thing sin order.

Same. Started botanist quests yesterday. A few hours later, due to level gap catchup, plus preferred server and other bonuses, I was well into my 20s. By the time I finished one job quest I was levelled to immediately accept the next one.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Inventory management is a pure nightmare in this game. Trying to sell, organise, craft and store items... guh! Halp
  • Cross posted from the general games thread:
    Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial is being expanded up to Level 60 and also includes the first expansions and related classes.

Basically, that’s a shit load of content.

There’s a few badgers who play 14 now - myself, subbax, shabby, Nina, Speedhaak and Ayns, and the game is cross play. So, if you’re curious, jump in.

• New story patch 5.3 next month following the latest live letter. Excite.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Is it possible for cross data centre play?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • No. Cross server within a data centre, I believe.
  • Went back for the 5.3 story last night, but you know...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2195529276
  • Hehe.

Yeah, got patched last night and intended to push forward. Unfortunately didn’t manage to get a good connection last night. Hopefully can try again this evening and weekend.

Will probably end up just going for event gear, though.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I was incredibly disappointed to find out the hot air balloon looking thing isn't actually a hot air balloon.  It's a stand for your house or something.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Booooooo.

That’s a shame.

Managed to get a decent session in today. Botanist just shy of Level 59, and loads of materials sold on the marketboard. Should hopefully make about 200-300k over the weekend.

That’ll be enough to gear up crafters and gatherers going into Stormcallers content, I hope.
  • Finished 5.3 last night.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! The best since the end of RR.
  • ayns wrote:
    Finished 5.3 last night.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! The best since the end of RR.

Yeah, heard really good things about 5.3.

I’m now just a handful of patch quests away from starting StormCallers. Heavensward was really good and I adore this game.

For everyone else, it’s free up to Level 60 which is the entire base game + an expansion. Get on it, fuckos.
  • Nice one.  Heavensward was decent - like you say, now free!
  • Finished the Rising Event last yesterday.

The feels, man.
  • 3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Actually got round to finishing 5.4 after scraping some tomes gear together for an item level wall (2 points lol).

I now want to rebuild Ishguard with a frying pan.

I can't believe it's all been "running" for 11 years. Crazy sauce.
  • Aye, very impressive. Jumped back in around Xmas and it’s always nice to see the player base thriving like it is. Wonderful game.
  • Agreed.  So many people around Aetheryte Plaza in Limsa.  Heartwarming.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Endwalker looks cool. Interesting that they're saying it concludes the storyline running since A Realm Reborn (but, as they were keen to assure everyone, not the story fullstop). They've also complained in the past it's becoming difficult to add new roles and races because as the game gets bigger and that there are limits on stuff due to the legacy PS3 code they can't get rid of. I wonder if they'll start developing the next numbered MMO after this and keep FFXIV with narrative-based updates and expansions with less focus on big new stuff like jobs etc.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yeah, imagine the PS3 / PS4 stuff is tricky. I think the last couple of XI expansions ditched the PS2, no? Can imagine them ditching the last gen consoles sooner rather than later.

And given the success of XIV I’d say another MMO is a certainty at some point.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They never ditched PS2 for XI until they did what they thought was the last expansion. I think they're doing a new mini-expansion and that will be first PC-only one. With XIV they always seemed to see it as a cross-gen game but I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking at PS5 as the last major platform for it now.
  • Thanks for the clarification on that.
  • Done some reading - the PS5 upgrade is free, it seems.
    Players whose FFXIV service account has a registered license for the PlayStation 4 version may download and play the PS5 Upgrade Version at no extra cost, and any new players on the PS5 can join in the fun through the Free Trial, which lets you play all of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward up through Patch 3.56—two full games worth of content!

That’s a win for me.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Whoop whoop!
  • Endwalker looks cool!

I've picked up my Dark Knight, since I'd never unlocked it, and popped it up to 68.  It plays pretty well.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Also played this again this week. Botanist and White Mage are both around 46 I think, quite a bit to go in the free version of this. Quest levels are around 38, so soon I'm gonna go towards the end of the base game.
  • ayns wrote:
    Endwalker looks cool!

I've picked up my Dark Knight, since I'd never unlocked it, and popped it up to 68.  It plays pretty well.

Yeah, Dark Knight is quite fun. Squishier than Marauder / Warrior for sure (early on, anyway) but it has some cool skills and I enjoy it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So Endbringer isn't ending the story over the course of its run of content, it's literally ending it with the launch content. An interesting and, let's be honest, more impactful way of doing things.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!