Trials Fusion!
  • It keeps deranking me, so yeah, pretty broken. Unless there's something else to it.

I finished off a few more tournaments today. Just two racing platinum medals to go. My global ranking is also now very conspicuously broken.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye, I had wondered how you were ahead of Dubs.

I was rank 11 on MP about a week ago, then last night I was rank 5. Its fooked, but I couldnt really give a fuck about the stats as long as the races are good. Also tried Hardcore Trials, and I gotta agree, its lolworthy. Finishing a Hard track 10 seconds ahead of everyone else is fun.

Plus the fact everyone I've played with a high rank has been shite.
  • I played someone who was really good last night. Well, better than me anyway.
  • I'm still really struggling to get a MP game on the go. Can wait for a good 5 minutes, with most disconnecting.

Is there some setting or something that I need to fiddle with? 

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • One platinum to go. The amount better I'm going to need to get to achieve it is daunting.

Plan of action is to get every non extreme time into the top 250 or so (depending on how the times develop), then go for better extreme times, then go for that last plat.
  • Been watching some of those platinum replays Voices, seriously impressive.
  • Local MP with a few friends and bailout finishes on = win.

Is there a list of actually good community made tracks. We tried a bunch, and there was some good ones, but there was a lot of shit too.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    101 attempts at getting over the first gap in the Sin City level. Fuck off.

I did however do the two previous top level level tracks so either the game has got easier or I've got better (unlikely)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Got back to it this morning after a week. I was extremely shit, might be because it was the first time with the Phoenix on the medium tracks (at least, I don't think I've tried it before), or that I'm actually just not gonna improve on this. Was trying to get the first set of mediums (the list that ends with gigatrack) on < 10 faults, didn't work out as I planned. Most tracks seem to have at least one or 2 bits that will take at least 7+ restarts. Watching replays only makes me cry.

I only improved two of my time/faults in 1 hour.

Frustrated, but I'll be back. Probably in a few hours.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah, I'm defo done with this for the time being. Hit 'the wall' so time for a break.
  • I am so far from the wall it's not real. Still properly addicted, and semi worried my thumb is going to fall off.
  • The only reason my thumb'd fall off is from HITTING THE BACK BUTTON.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    The only reason my thumb'd fall off is from HITTING THE BACK BUTTON.

lols. Do you have big thumbs? My old housemate was visiting over the weekend, I've never seen so many accidental restarts.

• Funnily enough, aside from the blisters from the stick, stretching to the back button hurts the most.
  • Blisters! Damn, that's dedication.
  • I got that on Friday after accidentally playing from 6pm to 1am. Blisters are fine though, I get loads from deadlifting, and It just means I have man hands instead of lady hands.

Hmmm... maybe I should chalk up for Trials.
  • Hang on, how do you accidently play from 6pm to 1am?!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I was just about to spend some time with the girlfriend and then I started playing trials, and she was watching some shit on telly, so I played all evening. I even sat with my tea in front of the xbox.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Funny, playing Trials is the one thing almost guaranteed to make me turn the Xbox off.
  • Trials is good. If you don't like it, it means you are bad.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I didn't say why it makes me turn the Xbox off.
  • I must be one of the few who's a little on the fence with Trials. I do love it, and I will play for the odd longish session. (I can thoroughly recommend local MP.) But I really can just play for a short session and then leave it. Nailing the harder tracks just hasn't grabbed me yet this time.
  • OK, well, in that case I'll put my pitchfork down.

When you're on the first slope on the sin city level, gently apply throttle. You'll be amazed at the slopes you can get up with gentle throttle.

Face - I think Trials is one of those things that clicks at some stages. If you're the kind of person who will sit and invest time in something out of frustration at not being able to do it, you'll get to the point where it will click. If you're not that kind of person it might never happen.
  • That is my go to plan b when trying to work out how to deal with new hard tracks.

• It is also my go to. Unfortunately it doesn't work so great for good times, but for clearing a track without fault in the tournaments it's a godsend.
  • Spent an hour or so messing around on the user generated tracks tonight.  A few thoughts:

Most hard tracks would be classed as extreme in the main game.  Perhaps the track building Trials community is too hardcore.  A user difficulty rating would be handy in addition to the rating out of 5.

Most tracks are too long.  People are getting carried away a bit.  Perhaps I'm alone in always preferring shorter, more tightly designed tracks. 

Heaven and Infernus are great tracks.  They're good to race on, are in the correct category for difficulty, and have some neat shit going on with the visuals. 

This is the first time I've played a game where user content is a big draw for me.  I could feasibly be playing this game indefinitely. 

Also, fuck the bunny hop bit near the top of that massive tower level.  I had to restart 40 times on it.
  • Yeah, we tried heaps of the supercross community stuff, and it was really just a mixed bag.

1. There seemed to be some people who were basically trolling with their difficulty tag. "lols, I'll tag it easy and then put in a vertical wall at the end, lols." And yeah, generally everything was at least a class above what they were saying, at least.

2. Some really poor checkpointing, and also some weird stylies with DNF kicking in randomly and also with the race end in 10 seconds thing if everyone was out. I'd guess there's some settings in there that dudes just miss.

3. A bazillion tracks which are just a version of one of the beginner tracks with one extra item added.

4. Some of the tracks that try to be proper supercross and have corners and such are just unfinished. they break the camera system, and it's basically impossible if you're at the back to see what's going on.

Still, amongst all that, some brilliant ideas, and great variety, and the filter system that redlynx have created realy tries hard to sort wheat from chaff.
  • This game is fucking brilliant.

Carry on.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    voices wrote:
    OK, well, in that case I'll put my pitchfork down. When you're on the first slope on the sin city level, gently apply throttle. You'll be amazed at the slopes you can get up with gentle throttle.

I can get up the first beam fine, it's the bunny hop over the gap onto the next angled beam that's stumping me.

I also got some of the way through the Quarry level then there's a rock slope with a jump onto another rock slope that defeated me.

I think I've probably hit my level.
  • I picked up my first pair of glasses yesterday.  I hoped they'd help with my Trials skills. 

Maybe I should have spent more than £25.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!