Just given up on...
  • I've tried reliable old Halo and Trials in the last few days, nothing doing there either.

You play GH on PS, or get the download (which is a straight port I believe)?
  • I played it when it first came out. Think I beat it on Hard too. Stupidly tough game at times, but the dodge is amazing. Being able to setup your own combo was the best, stick a pimp slap in why don't ya.

I've not got a PS3 though, I'd love to play it again.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Gears of War 3 multiplayer. Actually just took the disk out of my 360, snapped it in half and threw it in the bin, first time I've ever done that.
    Wow. I've fractured my right foot, broken controllers and damaged my thumb getting angry at games before but i've never done that.
    I'm pretty sure no amount of snapped discs will ever, ever equate to throwing such a hissy-fit you broke your own foot.  Ever.

Shouldn't have mentioned it really, since it ain't from raging. It's an injury I got on a DDR machine from having shite dancing form.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    MoesTavern wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Gears of War 3 multiplayer. Actually just took the disk out of my 360, snapped it in half and threw it in the bin, first time I've ever done that. I know Gears is said to have the worst netcode of any multiplayer shooter but it's hard to believe just how bad it can be at times. The lag, sponging and general Gears bullshit that everyone who plays the game has to accept has finally pushed me over the edge. Nice 1 Cliffy!!
    Wow. I've fractured my right foot, broken controllers and damaged my thumb getting angry at games before but i've never done that. Edit: Oh and ripped the wires out of mice and snapped a keyboard in half.
    Stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjKCFjHz0iY&feature=relmfu will drive you over the edge. I think the frustration factor in Gears is multiplied by the fact that only the hardcore players are still playing it, everyone else has given up. So even when it does work properly you're getting merked left right and centre.
    Yeah that sort of shit is why I don't really play it anymore.

I suspect this is part of my failure to play it much recently too. Fucking shame because when things work they work.
  • Maybe they'll make an effort to bust this nonsense in GOWJ.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    You've given up on some games. I've (almost) given up on gaming. No time.  Still. I'm sure I'll find time for the absolute essentials. Like... Erm.... Yeah. Whenever one comes round.

I know that feeling well. I'm having a massive stripping out of my games collection. It' hit over 40 boxed games and I have no time for them at all. Nor the inclination. Traded in 5 games for 2 on Friday. Thankfully, the two I picked up are actually amusing me. Spec Ops: The Line has a superbly dark plot thanks to it's Heart of Darkness inspiration, and Spiderman, which was meant for the kids, is just fun. Actually, the missions are rubbish, but the swinging about the city part is beautifully done.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm surprised at the relatively good reviews the Amazing Spidey game has been getting.
  • They're all the same, apalling missions but amazing swinging.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Maybe they'll make an effort to bust this nonsense in GOWJ.

I'm always willing to give a GOW game a go, the massive changes in multiplayer in J will hopefully make it more fun.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Tempy wrote:
    They're all the same, apalling missions but amazing swinging.

I let the kids do the missions then push them out the way when we're back to swinging. Love the fact that you unlock genuine classic Spidey comics as you find the pages. Thought 700 pages sounded ridiculous but more than half way already and I'm pretty sure all 700 aren't actually set in position from the start. It feels like it adds then as you go along and makes it obvious where they are?
  • Ali wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    push them out the way when we're back to swinging.

Yep, do that with my kids too. Nothing to do with Videogames though.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Asura's Wrath. It is actually really shit. The story is just shit, the gameplay (what little of it there is) is dull and I found the cutscenes repeated themselves so much, the episode structure just did not work. I was expecting far more epic, mental moments (like the whole demo section) yet all I got was random short fights against red monkeys.

At least it looked nice.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Nick wrote:
    Ico

You gave up on Ico? How / why? It's all over in about 5 minutes, or at least feels like it is.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Asura's Wrath. It is actually really shit. The story is just shit, the gameplay (what little of it there is) is dull and I found the cutscenes repeated themselves so much, the episode structure just did not work. I was expecting far more epic, mental moments (like the whole demo section) yet all I got was random short fights against red monkeys. At least it looked nice.

Did you get to the Hot Springs? If you didn't you should play until the Hot Springs.
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    Nick wrote:
    Ico

You gave up on Ico? How / why? It's all over in about 5 hours, or at least feels like it is.

Not forgetting that it is also an amazing game.

(Fixed)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I gave up on Ico because I got lost.

I left it a year or so, went back and started again.

I finished it the second time round. I'm really pleased I did as it's an incredible game.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Dragons Dogma. 

Truly awful. Clunky combat, headless chicken AI pawns that never shut up, bosses that spaz out across the screen glitching. What a horrible horrible mess. 

How anyone can say this is better than Witcher 2 is beyond me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aw.

Who said that by the way?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Crazy people.
  • I really enjoyed it, but you needed to be some kind of hands on character to get the most out of it, climbing around on Chimeras, lopping off their tails etc, good fun. Mage Knight was broken powerful. AI stop being spanners eventually.
  • Arkham City, after about 90 minutes. Ugh. Hated it. Everything that niggled me about Arkham Asylum but I put down to my playing it with the dualshock on the PS3 is still there and more besides.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I'm feeling the same about that too.
  • Not just me then.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Think I might have gven up on mgs peace walker. Got to near the end and it seems you need to do lots of random little missions to build up your base and other boring shite. Can't be fucked with that and levelling up weapons. Blah!!!
  • I started Peace Walker a while back but gave up very early on. Something about it just didn't click with me. Perhaps it was just too much so soon after 2 and 3, so I might try it again later.
  • Jem wrote:
    Arkham City, after about 90 minutes. Ugh. Hated it. Everything that niggled me about Arkham Asylum but I put down to my playing it with the dualshock on the PS3 is still there and more besides.

I didn't like AC either.  But I loved AA - I know a few people who feel the same.

AC overwhelmed me but not in a good way.  It just didn't 'look' or 'feel' right to me, the City wasn't believable in any way (yes I know it's not based on an actual real city but you know what I mean).
  • Lollipop Chainsaw. It's just so dull.
    It feels like being stroked, buying a game, playing an hour, then having to take a £15 hit at trade-in for the privilege. Love Film really is awesome. It's great being able to try things and get rid without that weird compulsion to complete a shit game before it's traded in, saving both time and money.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • That was one of my trades of the year too. So much potential, shame.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I like Lollipop Chainsaw but haven't played past level 2 because.
  • I didn't make it to the first boss.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!