Just given up on...
  • In the castle now.  Game is a lot better than earlier.  Not to say it still doesn't have annoying parts - sudden spawning mobs isn't great.  Bosses have been ok so far.  Mobs are much harder to deal with.

Cheers Reg.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hooray!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    The lake is definitely a lull but if I can entice you back it ramps way the fuck up after that

Don’t give up there!!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just started re4 (played only once before), the controls take a bit of getting used to
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Little Nightmares.

You can tell it was made by people who made little big planet 3. Horrible, floaty controls. Cheap deaths. Long load times. I dont miss City of Metronome now.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'd say it's just about worth it for the visual design. And it's very short. But yeah, the gameplay is pretty poor.
  • It ruined my afternoon until I swapped it for Yoku's Island Express. What a lovely game.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really liked Yoku. Had quite a few negatives in the Switch thread.
  • I really didn't like it. Seems charming but is pretty dull and not very well designed.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have up on little nightmares a while back. Still got the intention of finishing it. I really ought to, out send it back to moot!
  • Just started re4 (played only once before), the controls take a bit of getting used to

i played the wii one recently and that control scheme makes the game so easy it's kind of hilarious
  • Resident evil 2 remake. Finished Claire's A scenario, then realised Leon's A scenario is basically the same thing. So stopped that and played Leon's B scenario instead. Got bored in the police station and decided to trade it in for Sekiro.

RE2 back in the day was one of my all time favourite games. What with being a dad now, I don't have enough gaming time so I have to be more selective about what i play.

The remake is nicely done, it just wasn't holding my attention.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    What with being a dad now, I don't have enough gaming time so I have to be more selective about what i play.
    Not sure Sekiro will be a good choice then. It's a demanding beast.
  • Yeah, some of the bosses too sustained effort to beat. At least you can pause it.
  • Love From Software games too much (played and completed them all plus similar games such as nioh), I'll get through it eventually. Probably an hour a night during the week.
  • Yeah fatherhood and gaming don’t combine well
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yeah, massively wish it was possible to go into some kind of accelerated stasis for these sorts of games. Like I would play Total Warhammer 2 for 50 hours straight easy.
  • Yeah, massively wish it was possible to go into some kind of accelerated stasis for these sorts of games. Like I would play Total Warhammer 2 for 50 hours straight easy.

Don't get me started. So many games I'd love to sit down and play uninterrupted.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Yeah, massively wish it was possible to go into some kind of accelerated stasis for these sorts of games. Like I would play Total Warhammer 2 for 50 hours straight easy.

Don't get me started. So many games I'd love to sit down and play uninterrupted.

I'd be happy to just sit and be uninterrupted thanks. Gaming purely optional

SFV - reddave360
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Feel like I post more in here than Just Completed lately but anyway...

Okami. It was my first time playing it and there were several key things that just didn't click with me. That started failry early as the opening hour(ish) was so ponderous and dialogue heavy that I just lacked any real engagement.

Thankfully it opens up a bit more after that but the combination of the volume of cuts, dialogue scenes and loading points continually just pulled me out of the game. The camera was also pretty poor at times, most notably in battles when you're inexplicably closed off from the rest of the world which restricts your view and camera movement.

I also wasn't overwhelmed with the HD-ness. The art style is gorgeous (regenerating an area was a real highlight) and it looked great in handheld mode but didn't think it held up as well on a big screen.

I'm not sure how much of this is due to aspects of the game being dated or being of a genre I have little experience with, but regardless there were some parts that were simply poorly executed.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Also, Dead Cells which I won't go into much detail on because I think Rev summed up my experience pretty well on the previous page. It's one I think I'll dip back into at some point though.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Cosby wrote:
    Okami... and it looked great in handheld mode but didn't think it held up as well on a big screen.
    I gave up on the ps4 version because it gave me motion sickness (something to do with the motion blur in the upgraded version), am now wondering if playing it in handheld would feel better. Much smaller screen, so I might feel it less? I was kinda sad that I had to give up as I enjoyed it.

• Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I certainly found there was less blur in handheld mode so worth a try.
  • Technomancer. Even though it was free I still want the half an hour or so I spent playing this back. Possibly the dullest game I've ever experienced.
  • It is bloody awful.
    I feel sorry for anyone who paid actual money for it.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Transistor. Great looking game but somewhat light on substance for me. The combat mechanics are interesting and there's something fun there, maybe moreso if it evolves further into the game, but the muddle of new weapons/capabilities and the combinations was not very clear.

Couldn't tell if there was much of a story or if it just wasn't an interesting one but either way it wasn't enough to keep me engaged. Bit of an odd one then as it started quite brightly but my interest dipped fairly rapidly and I had no motivation to go back.
  • That's a shame. Solid little game.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I haven't really clicked with a new game in quite a while, maybe since I played Broforce about 5-6 months ago so might just be in a bit of a funk. I should start some of the gamepass stuff I've got downloaded.
  • Broforce is a tough act to follow though.  Maybe try Not a Hero, if you've got that?
  • I lasted about half an hour on Broforce before getting a bit bored.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!