#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It is. I’m now the furthest I’ve ever got in the story. There’s a distinct possibility I may actually finish it this time around.
    Get schwifty.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Back on my bullshit with XII on switch. It's glorious, innit.

I'm waiting for a sale, that price tag is eye-watering.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I traded in a bajillion games for it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I traded in a bajillion games for it.

Sounds like a low number to me.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • All of the FF soundtracks are now on Spotify and Apple Music! YEAYYYYYYY
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • These soundtracks man. Instantly give me all the feels and nostalgia. Really sucks that VIII isn't available on new systems like VII and IX are... would love to play it again.

I completed VII again last year on PS4, only took around 25 hours due to the ability to speed up time, avoid battles etc. that's built into the game options. It would be fantastic to do that with VIII - I have got the disc somewhere and a PS2 I could hook up but I think it having those added time saving options are very appealing these days.
  • ALSO - Nobuo Uematsu is the best.
  • I’m right back into IX since picking it up on switch. The soundtrack is top notch like.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • MattyJ wrote:
    These soundtracks man. Instantly give me all the feels and nostalgia.

I still play Theatrhythm Curtain Call for this very reason. Amazing music and it always hits the feels.
  • I think you can get I through X-2, and a few Tactics games on Vita.
  • I’m basically not interested in the remakes because I don’t think they can improve the music
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    FFXII remake soundtrack was arguably an improvement.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ffxii soundtrack is immortal
  • Rabanastre is such a great tune, but Dalamsca Westersand (I think) is also good. There’s an Empire (what are they called again?) tune that is also great. Maybe it was a Gabranth battle track, can’t remember.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just realised that Tempy was referring to Matty's post about VII rather than remakes generally. That is what the QUOTE function is for young man!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I haven't seen past the opening to FFVII in absolute years but skimming through the OST there brought back so many memories. Music I thought I'd forgot. Class.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Just realised that Tempy was referring to Matty's post about VII rather than remakes generally. That is what the QUOTE function is for young man!

bite me

• My biggest gripe with what the FFVII remake looks like is the change in combat system. Would much rather they jazzed everything else up and kept the turn based combat. Not really sure why they want to change it tbh.
  • Also - FFX has some bangers on it.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    My biggest gripe with what the FFVII remake looks like is the change in combat system. Would much rather they jazzed everything else up and kept the turn based combat. Not really sure why they want to change it tbh.

On modern home consoles it seems that Persona and Dragon Quest are the last real bastions of proper turn-based JRPG goodness. There’s plenty on handhelds, especially the 3DS, but that’s not so much the story of PS4 and Xbox. I’m sure it’s to do with the higher fidelity, plus the fact Final Fantasy skews quite young with its fanbase.

I was gagging for a post DQ XI turn-based RPG a while back after platinuming that beast, and ended up having to resort to some B-tier low budget shite. Wasn’t worth it.

Basically, it’s handheld or nowt until a new persona or DQ drops.
  • Yeah I agree. Nothing much happening on that front at all. There is Octopath Traveller but it's not the same as these games for me.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    My biggest gripe with what the FFVII remake looks like is the change in combat system. Would much rather they jazzed everything else up and kept the turn based combat. Not really sure why they want to change it tbh.

Weirdly I don't think a single person who played the original would argue against this, but someone brought up the fact recently that there are people who could have been born when ff7 came out, and be at an age to play the remake, who may resist the idea of turn based, and although the 'keep turn based!' fans are louder, I'm sure we're not the majority.

Biggest problem for me is that it seems more like 15, which I really didn't like. If they could go in between like ff13's combat that would be a much better compromise IMO. I can't remember if I liked Crisis core's combat at the time, but I remember liking the game overall.
  • Aparently it will be turn based and action based as active time battle (atb system) is still there but they have just added to it and gave you a bit more control so some moves can be avoided etc.

I'm quite excited!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:

Weirdly I don't think a single person who played the original would argue against this, but someone brought up the fact recently that there are people who could have been born when ff7 came out, and be at an age to play the remake, who may resist the idea of turn based, and although the 'keep turn based!' fans are louder, I'm sure we're not the majority.
    I'm someone who has never played the original, and I wouldn't even know how I'd want to play ff7 by now. Think the first FF that got released when I actually started gaming was 12, which already has a more automated system. I went back to 9 (finished) and 10 (never finished), enjoyed them.

Part of me wants to wait for the remake because graphics, but 7 on the Switch is only $15, and had the option to speed up battles. But again, graphics.

Not that I would really need another time sink.

Was surprised when I looked up the ff15 play time on how long to beat, that can be done fairly quickly for a big rpg.
  • E3 NEWS

VII Remake is coming March 3rd 2020 - on PS4.

Features real-time battles that blend with strategic “tactical mode” gameplay. As players swap between control of characters like Cloud Strife and Barret Wallace, they’ll build up an Active Time Battle (ATB) meter as they do basic attacks. Once that meter fills up, players will be able to slow the action dramatically by consuming the meter, selecting spells or special combat moves. Players will take control of one character at a time, but that doesn’t mean other party members will simply be idle; they’ll attack enemies on their own. Enemies have a meter of their own; once it’s filled, enemies can be staggered.

The first part of Final Fantasy 7 Remake will focus on and expand the story of Midgard, and take place across two Blu-ray discs.

VIII Remaster - PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Steam later this year.

Looks to be a HD-d up version of the OG game. No details on if there are extra abilities as per the VII and IX HD'd versions.
  • Expanding into Norse mythology eh? An Odin Summon side story perhaps.
  • Preorder for FFVII Remake is on the PS Store.

In case anyone was still wondering, that's £60 just for episode 1.

Think they've really lost the plot with this one.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah lol no thanks

I might get the remaster when it's cheap next tho
  • FFVIII will just do me fine.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Preorder for FFVII Remake is on the PS Store.

In case anyone was still wondering, that's £60 just for episode 1.

Think they've really lost the plot with this one.
    I was all in after seeing the new stuff and mechanics yesterday, but then I started calculating and yeah, £60 and episodes don't really sell it to me.

After Persona I'll grab the $16 thing on the eShop at some point, I don't think there are any major problems with it anymore, and if I really can't get over the old graphics there's still an option to get the Remake.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!