Androids, Everybody needs good Androids

• Utterly riduculous that a headphone jack is now a 'feature' on a mobile device, just one of the most idiotic mindless industry trends ever. Hiliarious and sad to see something like the Razer phone (meant primarily as a gaming phone), without a headphone jack. So when people want to plug it in to charge which is likely with a power hungry activity such as gaming, and they want to keep listening on headphones, well... they can't. Unless they buy some other wireless headphones with additional faff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think it's the ever increasing desire to make phones as slim as possible that is driving it.

Samsung haven't succumbed to the trend yet have they?
  • No, Samsung still use 3.5mm.

I wouldn't buy a phone that didn't have one.
  • @Moot_Geeza How are you finding your Nokia 1? Battery good? No long waits for opening apps or anything?

Assuming they're not locked to Vodafone, I noticed you can get them from Carphone Warehouse for super cheap, so I was thinking I might give one a shot.
  • I've done it. I've found a good reason to have a screen protector on your phone despite them all being covered in super tough glass.

When you leave your phone on your gf's bed while she gets ready and in spraying hairspray onto her hair, tons of specks of the shit land on your phone and harden.

Fucking infuriating! My cloth is doing the job, to a point. Gonna need to buy some kind of spray cleaner. Fs.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Ha!

I’ve never been much of a screen protector person and didn’t bother getting one when I bought my P20 Pro a few months ago. I noticed a small ripple on the screen this week, it’s only noticeable in a certain light, so I gave it a Google and discovered that it actually came with a screen protector already on! I’m debating whether I should remove it.
  • My wife's main email address is an apple one but she can't remember the password and God knows what happened to her secret key serial number thing. Anyway,she's just upgraded from and to Android so this has become an issue. I used the Huawei phone clone thing and her emails didn't transfer so I disabled Gmail and tried to clone it again. All went fine, all accounts in Gmail app but now the apple one has disappeared and recloning isn't working.
    Anyone know if I could somehow get either the whole app, accounts n all off one onto the other or maybe find out where the password is stored on the old phone? Chrome doesn't seem to have the password so I must have just entered it manually into the Gmail app. :(
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Can't imagine that's possible. Seems like a massive fucking hole in the security protocol if it is.
  • Cant she just use the forgot password option?
  • No because you need either the private key thing or a known device and we appear to have neither.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Do you not have a trusted number?
  • Possibly but there didn't seem to be any option for that although I may have been blinded by a red mist ....
  • So the Poco F1 is very nice.

Was considering the Mi max 2S but glad I didn’t. Face ID works perfectly even in low light. The notch doesn’t bother me as much as I thought, you can hide it so apps use the full screen and it's just time and a few icons up there.

Camera is excellent.

128gb and I've a 256 memory card on its way. Should be enough!

Haven’t liked a phone this much since the S3 way back when.

Don't think I'll get a case.
  • I’m upgrading my phone next week and I’ve decided not to go for an Apple handset, for the first time. Any advice on the best android phone to get?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Huawei P20 Pro is what I'm rocking and it is just brilliant. Faultless.
  • I was reading about them - never heard of it but it gets good reviews.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • WorKid wrote:
    The notch doesn’t bother me as much as I thought, you can hide it so apps use the full screen and it's just time and a few icons up there.

Can you force it to stay black?
  • Not sure. It's useful having the time and status icons up there and it blends in well, you really don't notice the notch.

Here's a P20 doing the same thing.

notch3.jpg
  • Gremill wrote:
    I was reading about them - never heard of it but it gets good reviews.

And tariff-wise it's cheap compared to its rivals. I've got unlimited everything on it for 36pm. You'd be looking at about double that (?) for the iPhone.
  • Huawei P20 Pro is what I'm rocking and it is just brilliant. Faultless.

Missus Tingle has a P10 so if it's like that but even better it must be some kind of awesome.
  • Yeah, Huawei, Xiaomi and 1+ are making waves.
    Dunno how other more established manufacturers can handle the Chinese onslaught. Samsung, HTC, Sony and Lg will struggle even more.

The thing with the Chinese is they own the tech manufacturing chain and infrastructure and now they also know how to design hw and software. That's why they're able to undercut all the others so efficiently. Only Apple and Samsung are somewhat safe for now in their hi end luxury niche but even that isn't guaranteed in the long run. The speed at which the Chinese are adapting and learning is mindboggling.

It's been a long time coming but the Chinese are finally maturing in the tech world. They're going for the spot previously held by the Japanese and the Koreans and I can't see them failing. Unless Trump wins his tariff war, but that's a bit of a stretch...The Chinese juggernaut is unstoppable.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Samsung make everyones screens, so I dont think they are too worried.
  • My oppo r15 is largely great. But won't play nice with a few apps that I used to use to widget stuff. Can't get it to allow a quick Bluetooth button or some of the cool stuff with push bullet.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I nearly bought a Xiaomi the other day, but the fact they're still using that fucking awful MIUI put me right off.
  • Aye, I wish they'd drop the insecure iOS inspired skin. Just stick to stock android. Thank god for root and custom roms. LineageOS (formerly cyanogemod) is always an option.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Miui is the best. I love it.
  • And some people like iOS; there's no accounting for taste.
  • I mean, the UI is literally a bunch of apps plus whatever goes on with the lock screen.

Best MIUI feature: dual apps.
  • What are those? If you mean split screen, that's Android, not MIUI.
  • The A2 does Android One if you want a stock experience.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!