NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    You did it bud. Enjoy

Thanks, Reg. :)
    Get schwifty.
  • Nice one! Enjoy your freedom Raiz. I hope you managed to squeeze some big business dollars out of them.
  • That sounds like a happy ending. High-five.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Thanks, Shabby! I couldn’t stomach the legal battle, so no fat wad to walk away with. But I’ve been preparing for this eventuality for a long time (I haven’t had a holiday for almost 20 years!) so I should be okay.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Thanks, Shabby! I couldn’t stomach the legal battle, so no fat wad to walk away with. But I’ve been preparing for this eventuality for a long time (I haven’t had a holiday for almost 20 years!) so I should be okay.

Enjoy the Golden years Raiziel, sounds like a winner is you.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Full-on retirement is getting more tempting.
  • Mr Tiger, do you mind if I mark my students' books in felt tip pen?

Yes. Yes is fucking do mind. Stop it now.
  • What about a quill?
  • Who marks books these days? Draconian systems.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Well... some marking is fine. Not much.

And not in fucking felt tip pen.
  • Raiziel wrote:

Where you gonna go?
  • Somewhere exotic, like Darlington.
  • Penge. I’ve heard it’s a very nice place, though I’ve never been myself.
  • So the CSW positions were down by the time I got round to having time to apply for them.

And, just been told my contract will be extended, but only by three months, as I've been told they "have concerns", not just about my absences, but my work/"wee things I've heard" from charge hands (who literally do fuck all themselves).

A bit scunnered.

Got a meeting on Tuesday as my knee absence made me reach a "trigger point". Will probably get a written warning. Seperate issue to the contract so hopefully I'll get a conversation around just that when it comes to it being signed.

Not to mention I've been made to go cover A&E so they have a porter for this backshift after absolutely no cunt noticed they didn't. On the hottest day of the year.

Oh, and I've had three knockback emails today from jobs.

More than a bit scunnered.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    wee things I've heard???

What a cop-out prick that is
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • That's utter bullshit, Gav.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    How can you have a warning for absence due to an injury?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    wee things I've heard???

Absolutely, they have to tell you specifically what their concerns are, because if they don't there is no way you can make improvements which is, in my unqualified opinion, constructive dismissal.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yep, what a shitty day mate. Perhaps a likeable personality has made some tossers jealous. Be yourself and show the fuckers they're wrong.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Can't really contest the absence stuff, as it's all there in the Absence Policy in B&W. What I will fucking contest is some lazy fucker chargehand who sits in an office all day doling out patient movement jobs (which in itself will be redundant when the long-broken iPhone system gets reinstated next month) having the fucking nerve to say I'm not pulling weight. The fantastic irony was I was told this by my boss as she sat and watched me wipe my brow, out of breath, cos I'd been shafted and put up in A&E with no notice on the hottest day of the year due to a fuck up by a chargehand. So that's not pulling weight, naw?

Fuckers.
  • You cant be given a warning for hitting a trigger point in the absence policy. The point of the triggers is to see what the cause of the absences is. There has to be something wrong underlying it.

If you've followed the absence reporting procedures correctly, and you have evidence for why tge absence is legitimate, you are fine. They should ask if there is anything they can do to prevent reoccurrences, and if there is act on it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    wee things I've heard???

Absolutely, they have to tell you specifically what their concerns are, because if they don't there is no way you can make improvements which is, in my unqualified opinion, constructive dismissal.

He hasn't had the meeting yet they'll tell him specifics then, also hitting a trigger point only means you have to have a discussion about it, it's not a certain warning, especially for the first trigger point hit. The discussion normally happens on your return to work like, dunno why it's happening now, unless there have been more than x absences within a certain period.
  • Fair play. My main reasoning for no warning would be the fact the injury was sustained during a work-sanctioned event, a football match raising money for the Neo Natal ward. If I don't laugh at some of the hideous irony in all this, I'll fucking break down.
  • Get yourself through to Lothian Gav!
    Need phlebotomists too in Livingston, but training available.

Interesting occ health/physio assistant role in GGC

They're recruiting drivers for the out of hours service too, which is another band 2 NHS job.  There are a few other portering ones on the NHS Scotland site, including a band 2 one in Inverness which is a bit of a commute.  If you did get an NHS role though, it opens up so much; the Lothian Staff Bank has band 2 roles for porters to work as ad-hoc car park attendants when they're needed, which is a great way to grab an extra half-shift!
  • Cheers Elm. I'll take a look but I'm not too hot on the commute to that area, even from Hamilton. Thanks ever so much though. Need to use these negatives as positives.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Gav, did you get a letter requesting a formal meeting? If not I don't think you can get a warning. Try not to stress. If they wanted shot of you they wouldn't have extended your contract, there's no need to manage you out the door.

The wee things will be just that, chicken shit gripes, you have the opportunity to give them your side of the situation in the meeting, that might sort it or it'll be something for you to work on. Either way don't work yourself up over it.
  • The other way to look at these things is that companies have to do these things in case your absentism was to become an issue in the future (or anyone else's) I do a lot of the hr work in my company and to ensure fairness for all 45 of them I have to follow certain procedures even when I know its probably once off events.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yes Dave, I get all that. The absence stuff is what it is tbh. I've got a letter for the meeting.

Contract stuff is separate, and I'll handle that when it happens.

A day of many, many minor annoyances building up in the summer heat leads to a very unhappy Gav. I'll show em.

Thanks again, lads, for listening to my gripes.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    SUMMER HOLIDAYS START NOW TIME FOR ME TO COMMENCE 6 WEEKS OF (MORE) SHITPOSTING*
    Spoiler:
  • DOOT

DOOT
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!