Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Is making the sex a sackable offence at your gag?

Maybe a quality control issue
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's not sackable but it's highly frowned upon within the company.
  • It's not sackable but it's highly frowned upon within the company.

Then they’re doing it wrong. Shoulda slipped a pinkie, before he got a pink slip.
  • I have a second round interview tomorrow.
    I understood it to be a phonecall/conference call.

But I just received a Microsoft Teams invite via mail.

Do you think they are expecting a video call or can you dial a mobile from a teams meeting?

Never done one this way so not sure.
    I also don't have a laptop or MS Teams, just an Android phone.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • I have Teams meetings regularly and people often dial in from a mobile (I assume, as they're walking or on hands free somewhere).

If your invite is like the ones I have you can join it now or any time before and check it works. You don't need Teams installed, when joining via laptop at least.

I've never joined one from my phone but I can try it later if you like and see what's what.
  • The other thing is, I'm on a PAYG phone and have no credit to dial anyone!
    (€20 a month, true unlimited internet I use 300+ gigs a month no)

I topped up this month and a glitch (they did say they were updating some systems) ment my credit disappeared.

Normally this doesn't matter as I literally never make phone calls or texts so credit is meaningless.

But I might need to have some if I need to dial in.

Arrgh.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gonna toot my own horn for a bit as I often have a bit of a thankless job. Got an email in today from Edinburgh City Council Chief Executive Andrew Kerr to tell me I've been nominated for the monthly council Outstanding Achievement Award. This was for "outstanding work providing support and guidance to a vulnerable student, creating a safe and supportive environment."

I'll find out on Friday if I win for this month - prize is a fat shopping voucher, but even if I don't, a nice feeling to be recognised.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Great stuff reg!
  • kneecap wrote:
    The other thing is, I'm on a PAYG phone and have no credit to dial anyone!

I topped up this month and a glitch (they did say they were updating some systems) ment my credit disappeared.

Normally this doesn't matter as I literally never make phone calls or texts so credit is meaningless.

Arrgh.

Ah that sucks then mate, can you go to a shop and use the WiFi? I don't think you need regular phone credit, just internet. Basically when I use a Teams invite without the Teams client, it's a browser link, so no reason you couldn't do that on WiFi. Not ideal tho obviously and probably don't want to do an interview chat in a Starbucks or some shite.

• And well in, Reg.
  • G'wan the Reg. Good man.
  • nick_md wrote:
    kneecap wrote:

Arrgh.

Ah that sucks then mate, can you go to a shop and use the WiFi? I don't think you need regular phone credit, just internet. Basically when I use a Teams invite without the Teams client, it's a browser link, so no reason you couldn't do that on WiFi. Not ideal tho obviously and probably don't want to do an interview chat in a Starbucks or some shite.

Well I have the internet (it lasts the month regardless) and I can receive phone calls.
    However I cannot ring them.

So I can't dial in, they'll have to dial me in.

That's assuming its call they will place.

If they want to do video chat... I've no idea!
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Gonna toot my own horn for a bit as I often have a bit of a thankless job. Got an email in today from Edinburgh City Council Chief Executive Andrew Kerr to tell me I've been nominated for the monthly council Outstanding Achievement Award. This was for "outstanding work providing support and guidance to a vulnerable student, creating a safe and supportive environment."

I'll find out on Friday if I win for this month - prize is a fat shopping voucher, but even if I don't, a nice feeling to be recognised.

Nice. Well done.
  • kneecap wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    kneecap wrote:

Arrgh.

Well I have the internet (it lasts the month regardless) and I can receive phone calls.
    However I cannot ring them.

So I can't dial in, they'll have to dial me in.

That's assuming its call they will place.

If they want to do video chat... I've no idea!

You should be fine with just internet then mate, if they've sent you an invite link already click it and see, apologies if I'm talking shite tho and they haven't sent a link. All my Teams meetings have been via a calendar invite that has a URL to the meeting.
  • I'm still not clear on it..

I don't have a teams app?

It runs on the browser?
    Audio or video call?
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • I think it's this?

Basically a conference call organised by Teams, so you would need to dial in.
  • I've just tried it on my phone and it does look like I need the app actually, from my laptop I don't need Teams and it goes through browser, apologies.

Basically if I get invited to a teams meeting it's via my email, so a Google calendar entry is made in my calendar that looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/7SyffAT

I can then click that and it gives me an option to open in browser rather than Teams. It also lists a phone number and code to dial in, but that's probably not what you want.

Sorry mate I probably haven't helped much here at all, I was working on the assumption that accessing from mobile would give you a browser option same as laptop.
  • Fuck, I guess I'll have to buy credit, download this app and see what happens tomorrow.

I'm not flush with cash and am not supposed to buy credit until the start of next month. I know it's only 20 quid but I'm not working.

Hopefully they can dial me in, or I can join via the app. If not I'll activate the top up and call into them.

Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Apparently you need to be part of an organization to sign in to teams. Which I obviously amn't.

They surely have to call me so.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • No friends place with a laptop you can borrow or somewhere local you can just use internet from? You can dial in with most VC software as there is a number attached to call, otherwise it’s the link which uses the app/internet connection.

When you use the link/app it will usually prompt if you want camera on or not, and you can switch it on or off (as well as mute yourself etc). Not used teams myself, we built everything at work on zoom.

(Zoom is great btw).

Edit: the invite have any details on teams, links or anything?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Can you post the email (minus any contact/personal info) here? We might be able to confirm what you need to do.
  • Oh you should be able to sign in with a ‘Microsoft’ account, if you have a Hotmail account that’d work, or just create an account through the app. Used my wife’s hotmail and signed in all ok (under company name I just put her first name).
  • This link covers it. https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/join-a-meeting-in-teams-1613bb53-f3fa-431e-85a9-d6a91e3468c9#ID0EAABAAA=Mobile

You should be able to join via your data without issue. You'll probably need to download the app but it might let you join through the browser. Click the link and see what it does. It's just a room you'll be joining so you can probably test it out before hand.
  • Would it not be best to contact them and just explain that you havent used this system before and ask what the routine is?
  • I do dislike Teams, fwiw.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You can't sign in to teams unless you're assigned to a group/organisation.
  • You can join meetings as a guest without signing in.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think you can on the mobile app.

xKGOEqB.jpg
  • It says you can in support page I linked above. Were you joining a meeting or just going into the app?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just trying to open the app.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!