The X Files Love-in
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tooms has the immortal Mulder line re bile 'How do I get it off my hands without betraying my cool exterior?'

Quote for truth
  • The film's okay. 2nd one not so much.
  • Holy shit Tempy, this exists:
    http://www.chrisnu.com/scullyhair/index.html

That's taking it a little too far...

(pic 3, season 6)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Season 5 DING DONG

(s5 pic 2)
  • Picked up the complete boxset a couple of years ago and ploughed through.

Mostly still great.

However I prefer the, what I called 'creep of the week' self contained episdoes to the ongoing Mulder Sister/Scully Baby/Alien Assassin/Smoking Man stuff.

My favourite episodes where the vampire trailer park one and the one where Scully Drives.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • I really like the pilot and also the first movie. Unfortunately missed out on most of the TV series.

I've just started watching Dark Skies which I think was broadcast around 96-97 and it shares some similar themes with the X Files. I have only watched two episodes so far and they both contain some extremely ropey effects.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Never saw the second movie. I think that was a good move.
  • I was one of those really nerdy kids that had a bunch of x-files t-shirts. Went through a phase of wearing nothing but at one point.

Anyone watch Millennium? I've never quite got round to it.

The LG spin off series was aids.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yep, I mentioned it earlier. Took a while to get going, but when it did it was ace, then it was gone.
  • Does anyone know if the first movie is getting a blu ray release over here?
  • I watched all of the twilight zone in 2005. Was good.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Home is my favourite standalone ep

Just watching that trailer again really shows how amazing the production was. That could easily stand up today. 

The show as a whole has a lot in common with Lost. Networks got greedy, writers became sloppy and no one knew how to end it.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Home was an amazing episode. Very dark and creepy.

I watched the entire series a year or so ago. Love it. Was always fun spotting "before they were famous" actors popping up. Jack Black makes an appearance at some point.

In a (sort of) reverse of that I laughed last night at the surprise appearance of Skinner popping up in Return of the Living Dead II as a cigar chomping army guy gleefully mowing down hordes of zombies.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Never could stand the x files. The original conspiracies, anecdotes, stories etc that it was based on were far more interesting than any TV series could be.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I actually bought a load of conspiracy books that had been re-branded as 'UNOFFICIAL X FILES' etc, so I went down that dark rabbit hole.

Scout - Jack Black was in DPO. We saw a very young Seth Green in Deep Throat last night, and I believe a young Shia Lebouf shows up leater.
  • Was quite obsessed with it during seasons 1 -3 back in the day. But it'll be sadly remembered as a prime example of a series that squandered its legacy by going on for too god damn long.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I remember an episode about an invisible elephant. It was shit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It is indeed shite. But that elephant episode got me into William Blake so yay for references.

We watched Squeeze tonight. First Eugene Tooms ep.
  • I was just about to come on here and talk about the one with the wierd family in the house but I have been beaten to it! Home was an outstanding episode and the one I remember the clearest.

I loved the funny episode, I still like it when serious TV series have the occasional funny/clever episode. I can only think of Supernatural that is currently that inventive.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Scout - Jack Black was in DPO. We saw a very young Seth Green in Deep Throat last night, and I believe a young Shia Lebouf shows up leater.
    I remember Seth Green. Can't recall a young Lebouf though. But my memory for these things is rubbish.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Used to like the stand alone episodes and found the whole conspiracy thing annoying - but I've now flipped to wanting to watch them for that storyline.

Besides having all 9 series I've only watched series 1 end to end...and I'm sure there a few series I haven't watched at all - will get around to watching them in sequence at some point.

There weren't that many really daft episodes but I remember one with something that took over computers which made for idiotic road sign displays etc.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • There was a rather cringy gaming one when Mulder got trapped inside some kind of virtual reality shooter.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    There was a rather cringy gaming one when Mulder got trapped inside some kind of virtual reality shooter.

That was written by William Gibson too.

FFS.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ... And that begat Harsh Realm, likely.
  • I used to hate the funny episodes. Back in the days when I was a small child, Mulder having convinced me of little green men, the last thing I wanted, after waiting a week, was a funny episode about stuff that wasnt aliens.
  • I love X Files. I will read this thread at some point. Had anyone mentioned the episode with the circus and Cher and all that.

Shaft. I did not. Etc.
  • three1ne wrote:
    I used to hate the funny episodes. Back in the days when I was a small child, Mulder having convinced me of little green men, the last thing I wanted, after waiting a week, was a funny episode about stuff that wasnt aliens.
    I know what you mean. I enjoyed the funny episodes when I revisited them but I hated them too when I was a kid. I remember getting my dad to watch an episode with me after going on and on about how kickass the show was only for that week's episode to turn out to be a funny one. He was all "wtf is this shit" as I tried to explain that it wasn't normally like that.
  • Woohoo!

My care package from Amazon arrived, including the first two seasons of this. 

l.jpg
  • christ she is stunning.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!