Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    40ish minutes, some are longer than others.
  • b0r1s wrote:

Wow, that's not too shabby. Just check them out.

But... daily motion.... haven't been there in a while.

SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Wow, that's not too shabby. Just check them out. But... daily motion.... haven't been there in a while.

Doh!

I thought you were talking about the normal show. Really should read the thread properly. The shorts are around 20 minutes.
  • 20 minutes is still ok, just not into 5 minute go nowhere stuff. I'll definitely check them out before Friday.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Michelle yeoh, who plays Phillipa Georgiu is getting her own spin off trek series. Georgiu from the mirror universe with Section 31 (first mentioned on DS9).

Just seen all four trek shorts, loved calypso episode. Anyone know why all the writing in these episodes is reversed? Mirror universe?

Calypso question
    Spoiler:
  • The reversed writing might not really be reversed. Lots of times when people are uploading pirate copies of TV stuff to streaming sites, they flip the video to try and throw off auto-recognition algorithms.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Genuine LOL at oniꓷ
    Things can only get better.
  • Pop rock, that did occur to me, i.e piracy angle but I thought maybe the trek producers were trying some mirror universe stuff for the fans. Oh well. Lol at me.
  • I watched the one about the man who dances with the ship's AI.  It was pants.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • that was calypso, i liked that one.

Name of epsiode and character in it below

escape artist - harry mud
    brightest star - saru
    calypso - unknown solider
    runaway - tilly
  • Oh yeah, I watched the Tilly one as well. Some petulant runaway teen who ends up being a space princess or something? Wasn't impressed.

I do like Discovery though; loved all the mirror universe stuff, insane plot twists and the sarcastic Dr character. Looking forward to seeing how they up the ante in the second series.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I thought Discovery was a major let-down. Best thing about it was how it ended, and I suppose for that reason I have to watch season two.
    Get schwifty.
  • Well the picard show will be set in the prime universe after the events of the nemesis movie. That means in theory we finally get a post voyager trek series. Also we will probably get to see what happens to the romulan empire after the destruction of romulus.

Gergoriu and Section 31 (federation equivalent of cardassian obsidian order or romulan tal-she-ar), could be a very interesting show. God only knows where that show will go.
  • Does anyone else pronounce Picard "Pie card"
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Short Trips have been unceremonially dumped into the Trailers section of Star Trek Discovery on Netflix UK now.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Pleasantly surprised by the season premier, looks like we might be in for a decent series o' Star Trek.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    After Trek is dead.
  • I enjoyed it. Felt much more Trek.
  • Yeh, liked the opening epsiode, discovery is a very interesting star trek series.
  • Yeah it was fine sort of. The Wesley Crusher saves the day trope that Michael Burnham has got going on is starting to grate. But that’s real nitpicking compared to some of the complaints I had last season.
  • Never have I telegraphed an upcoming death quicker than
    Spoiler:
  • Oh, no, that was not a good episode.  I'm down on the whole Discovery schtick anyway, but I just think the whole thing is awkward.  

And Tilly is not adorable.  

Took me ages to realise that was Bohannan as Pike, even though I saw his name in the opening credits.  Coincidental as I've only just finished the last series of Hell on Wheels.
  • Took me ages to realise that was Bohannan as Pike, even though I saw his name in the opening credits.  Coincidental as I've only just finished the last series of Hell on Wheels.

Someone else that's finished hell on wheels???

I thought it was just me!
  • I really liked season 1 but gave up halfway through this episode. Too boring.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Took me ages to realise that was Bohannan as Pike, even though I saw his name in the opening credits.  Coincidental as I've only just finished the last series of Hell on Wheels.

Someone else that's finished hell on wheels???

I thought it was just me!

Stopped watching at the end of S3 but saw it on Amazon prime and had to finish it. Rushed ending but a great show.
  • Ok can someone tell me what was happening in that new episode then, because as far as I can recall from the end of the first season, they had 
    Spoiler:
    Also what happened to Clem Fandango?

I did enjoy the
    Spoiler:
    but it was like watching something out of Star Wars: Ep 1.  Bleeding-edge alien scout craft, not like the rickety spaceshuttles that Kirk rode in on. Distracting.

I hope that
    Spoiler:
    becomes a regular character, as she could clearly act.
  • It sounds like you haven't watched past the mid season break of the first series.
  • No, it's just that I have a shocking memory for TV fluff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Think I could do with a recap tbf. I watched it and recall Enterprise turning up, but that was about it.

It was a bit of a messy episode, but let's just move onto the next quickly, which is what is great about this show. Don't worry about making sense, just keep moving.
  • Felt the same, it was a bit messy. On the plus side I thought it looked great. I figure quite a bit of money is being spent on this.

I also preferred the enterprise uniforms at the start. Much better than the discovery one.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!