adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    General Order 1 is essentially just an older name for the Prime Directive. I've been looking at Memory Alpha and the relevant aspects of it were around in TOS.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Spoiler:
  • This should have been a two-parter, ending it at the bit where
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Spoiler:
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I hope they do more Saru stuff, and return to the planet, because they've got an interesting setup going there.
  • I already know what the Red Angel is.
    Spoiler:
  • I already know what the Red Angel is.
    Spoiler:

lol
    Spoiler:
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    All the Shazad Latif hate is a bit bewildering to me, I saw him in Toast and think he’s fine in ST: D, a different actor could’ve done a better job of the multi-person performance, but he’s doing fine.
    Things can only get better.
  • Yeah, I find it really weird people banging on about Clem Fandango this, and Clem Fandango that. I've no idea what the fuck a Clem Fandango is, but Tyler is absolutely fine.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    grim-fandangojpg-b6937d_1280w.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I don't understand any of these spoilers. But that's ok. I just wanted to say there's still not enough action and stuff in this show.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Have had the flu for a week and so decided to binge watch Discovery and TNG whilst flying Distant Worlds 2 in Elite.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • @monkey Proper lols!!!!
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • As this progresses and it becomes clear that the overall arc of the season is ‘the search for Spock’, don’t Netflix look like they’ve fucked it by using some big photos of Spock as the menu pics for the show? I mean, I’m not feeling much tension in that arc, knowing that he eventually turns up and knowing exactly what he looks like.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    There was plenty of promo with Spock before the season started, was never a secret he was appearing at some point. I prefer he hasn’t been a regular cast member, which the promos suggested.
  • This episode annoyed me. A lot.
    Spoiler:
  • The show seems a very different place from the opening episode of season 1. it would have been interesting to see Bryan Fuller's vision for discovery forfilled. Too much Section 31 bollocks at the moment. Destroying the mythos.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    The Stamet’s criticism is a bit unfair, Scotty pulled that ‘Cannae be done Cap’n, it goes against the laws of transwarp physics’, two minutes later - ‘it’ll be ready in a hour’.
  • That was explained in TNG.

• Heh :)
  • I played Star Trek Scene it at a mate's house a couple of weeks ago, the second half of that was shown in a clip.  It was pretty much the only question I got right other than a lucky guess of 'the Enterprise!'.  The question that followed the clip was basically 'what was Scotty's advice to Geordi?', aka 'were you paying enough attention to get the gist of what you just watched?'.  Nailed it.
  • Caught up with the latest epsiode, the price Pike has to pay is pretty horrific. I liked the epsiode though there was abit too much section 31 again for my liking. Hopefully after this season they will start again from scratch with Section 31 and we get the organisation mentioned in DS9 and the books.

BTW, this season is the first time time crystals have been mentioned in trek TV and movie universe right?
  • I like this episode. In general there is a great feel to this series. It feels quite fresh. But.....
    Spoiler:
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    BTW, this season is the first time time crystals have been mentioned in trek TV and movie universe right?
    Spoiler:
  • HawBawJaws, I agree with your spoiler. I had similar sentiments.
  • I was reading an article about discovery recently, on ign or something. Not watched much of tos, bit too cheesy for my liking. But, it did say this season of discovery was going to bring things into line with original trek canon, hence:
    Spoiler:

I'm wondering if the real story for this season might be (unless I've missed it in tng or voyager):
    Spoiler:
  • Haw, in regards to the Borg, I really hope they don't try to shoehorn that in. Star-trek Destiny triology, (post voyager book) which isn't canon due to the destruction it causes, explains the origins of the borg. I really do hate the oroborus explanations they try to show horn in i.e. latest aliens movie.

Its as Q said to Picard when the enterprise met the borg for the very first time (paraphrasing) ..... "the universe is full of wonders and delights, also terrors that chill your bones...."

Ps. Good call on pike, I'll have to look that up.
  • Have to agree with Haw. I've only watched the shows, not read any Trek books, etc, but the Klingons are either getting seriously out of character OR we're just seeing a very different side to them that's never been explored

Also, the nanobots just screamed 'borg' when I saw that. On the other hand, didn't the borg already exist in Enterprise?
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Ps. Good call on pike, I'll have to look that up.

You should watch “The Menagarie” from the original Trek series - this series of Disco has referenced it a lot...
  • Also, the nanobots just screamed 'borg' when I saw that. On the other hand, didn't the borg already exist in Enterprise?

Aye, there was an episode/s about the borg, think they found some frozen ones on earth that thawed out and got up to their usual mischief. Can't remember if that storyline had data's dad in it as well. Possibly some time travel shenanigans involved in the borg being there to begin with.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!