• mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Apparently they commissioned nine, but only seven of them were green-lit...

Seven of nine you say, hmmm...
    Things can only get better.
  • Roujin, thats the Year of Hell episode from Voyager. But i see what your saying.

They could dump the ship in another galaxy (via a pissed off Q) and have zero chance of getting home so decide to explore the galaxy and struggle with the ship to get parts etc cause they are in a different galaxy.
  • give us an episode with the canonical dolphin crew members you cowards
  • You basically just described Star Trek Voyager.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dolphins with canons? I LIKE IT!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Voyager but gritty, with the bio-neural gel-packs replaced by sentient dolphins. Perfect.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • As long as they say fuck, I’m in.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Roujin, thats the Year of Hell episode from Voyager. But i see what your saying.

They could dump the ship in another galaxy (via a pissed off Q) and have zero chance of getting home so decide to explore the galaxy and struggle with the ship to get parts etc cause they are in a different galaxy.
    Blocks100 wrote:
    You basically just described Star Trek Voyager.

Yeah, unless I am missing something.

If I could pick something for Trek it would
    be Post-DS9/Voyager, I don’t know why the prequel stuff is seen as such fertile ground. The web of political/military relationships with different species adds a lot to Trek and it’s something I’d like to see. Also the contrast of optimism and cynicism in DS9 and Voyager is good. Just make sure the dolphins are in it.
  • Voyager they were just stranded across the galaxy. Everything on the ship worked, it was TNG but a long way from home. 

I'm talking about having a ship that's held together with duct tape after it takes a pasting and is unable to call for help or considered destroyed. Voyager was TNG but oops we went through a wormhole, okay time to start heading home. 

I would like to see the aftermath of a starfleet vessel that has been almost crippled, limping around the place heading towards the nearest federation base/ship/outpost/whatever while the remaining crew deal with trying to hold the ship together, trying to hold themselves together and dealing with aliens and whatever turns up on the way when they are not an equal or superior force in the encounters, as they typically are for nearly all episodes of regular trek.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I will also happily watch Tempy's post DS9 series as well.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Tempy wrote:
    I don’t know why the prequel stuff is seen as such fertile ground.

Cheap way to insert references to future events without much effort so people can watching can go "OMG I KNOW WHAT THEYRE TALKING ABOUT" or "OMG IF ONLY THEY KNEW HOW WRONG THEY WERE ABOUT THAT" and feel like they're really smart because they have basic recall of events that happen on a TV show they like. 

Also probably makes it easier to write the characters if you're lazy because you can just do the whole show by doing episodes where characters who behave in certain ways are shown going through the event that made them act that way in the future.
  • Tempy wrote:
    give us an episode with the canonical dolphin crew members you cowards

Lets start a petition to get tempy a staff writers gig on star trek. Sold on the dolphins.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Voyager they were just stranded across the galaxy. Everything on the ship worked, it was TNG but a long way from home.  I'm talking about having a ship that's held together with duct tape after it takes a pasting and is unable to call for help or considered destroyed. Voyager was TNG but oops we went through a wormhole, okay time to start heading home.  I would like to see the aftermath of a starfleet vessel that has been almost crippled, limping around the place heading towards the nearest federation base/ship/outpost/whatever while the remaining crew deal with trying to hold the ship together, trying to hold themselves together and dealing with aliens and whatever turns up on the way when they are not an equal or superior force in the encounters, as they typically are for nearly all episodes of regular trek.

So what your saying is, take Trek but make it basically like Farscape.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • You mean Farscape but with characters people actually care about?
  • It sounds like he’s describing the original Lost in Space.
  • I dunno. Sounds a bit like Wagon Train to me...but in...you know...space.
  • This is peak Simpsons did it.
  • Isn't this just firefly?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Isnt tempy's idea of dolphins just Seaquest DSV ?
  • The Simpsons did an episode where Homer gets raped by a dolphin. What about that but also Star Trek? 
    It's gritty and it's got dolphins.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Isnt tempy's idea of dolphins just Seaquest DSV ?

You’ll note I said canonical as in, these dolphins already exist in Trek.

I shall defer to Evil Red Eye, who is the Authority

• Id completely forgotten there was an epsiode of TNG where dolphins were shown and it was menetioned they aided the navigation system of the enterprise.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm just disappointed in Chabon. The guy's written some incredible stories.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Apparently SeaQuest DSV was inspired by the Star Trek dolphins.

Re: canonicity, it's clearly intended to be canon but the only explicit foreground reference is to generic 'dolphins' rather than crewmember dolphins with the other references being a door sign (as in-jokes are placed on door signs, surely they aren't canon?) and background chatter dialogue. If a later show said there weren't dolphins I'm not sure what you could do.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Make it so?
  • Look, you guys are getting it all wrong. Spock mind-melded with a whale, not a fucking dolphin.
  • If there’s one thing Trek needs right now, after being so lost and muddled for so long, it’s a porpoise.
  • That's fintastic.
  • Space, the fin frontier.
  • Oh it's a Star Wars crossover?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!