Medal Of Honor: Warfighter
‹ Previous123456789
  • Another modern military shooter, UK release date is down as October 23rd. Danger Close are developing the campaign and the MP this time. Frostbite 2 is being used for both, so I wouldn't entirely rule out DICE involvement. There's a rumour that this will contain beta access to BF4, cementing this into position as part of EA's annual response to COD.

image-3047087297.png

Trailer

Leaked Alpha Footage

Weapons Footage

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    FPS modern military shooters. I don't care now. I really don't.
  • JonB wrote:
    Warfighter? Seriously?
    Capture-11.jpg
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    To be fair, I don't remember people kicking a stink over Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.
  • Now that EA have CODified Battlefield, I really don't see the relevance of this game. If they are trying to sell the same bullshit reskinned, they are in danger of cannibalising sales of both this and BF.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    FPS modern military shooters. I don't care now. I really don't.
    Does seem a common view, although almost everyone here abandoning COD wasn't representative of the wider game buying public at all.

This could be an interesting year sales wise though. COD goes a bit sci-fi and this can either build on the good sales but fairly mediocre reviews of the last effort or sink without trace. I'm pretty confident that if it looks like the trailer rather than Alpha footage it will sell like hotcakes.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    To be fair, I don't remember people kicking a stink over Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

I'll tell you what, I always thought it was Advanced Warfare. I even own it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    The last one was a rushed mess (two teams) to try and answer the CoDonaught. With two years of dedicated development it could be OK. I've no opinion on Danger Close really, didn't really enjoy the last campaign but it wasn't as bad as BF3.

The Medal of Honor name still has massive brand recognition. It stands a chance.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I'll tell you what, I always thought it was Advanced Warfare. I even own it.

Ha.
  • Not for me, not after last time.

Although it was probably the funniest game I've played over the last couple of years. Those interior 'textures' ahahahahaha.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Argh, really tired of these military fps games now.
  • Don't agree with the games like this anymore.
    Complete disrespect to those real guys out there, risking their lives.
    This will not get my money.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The world needs a puzzle game where you play a reserve line medic deciding who to try and save and who to ease the passing of with your limited amount of medicines, orderlies/nurses and time.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't agree with the games like this anymore.
    Complete disrespect to those real guys out there, risking their lives.
    This will not get my money.

Which group of non-whites will they be killing in this one?
  • This just looks like headless chickens running about tiny maps in one big clusterfuck. Basically everything I don't want in an online shooter these days.

will not be purchasing

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • @ Kow - The Spanish.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Racism is a non-issue as long as the token black dude is on the job.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well they deserve it. Despite being white.
  • Killing blacks is old hat, the excellently tanned are where the real danger lies.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm currently in danger then. Damn bicycle.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    People with shit tans are not getting off scot-free either.

Oompa+Loompas.jpg
  • Scots don't tan, fyi.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    True. I only now noticed how silly it sounds.
  • The gameplay ive seen so far looks so devoid of anything new. Jesus fuck the first 20 seconds and the player is shot, time slows down, sound washed out and then ping we are back. JESUS FUCK.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The people moaning, do you actually like military shooters and want something new within the genre and don't feel this is it, or are you just moaning because it's a military shooter?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Both, actually. It seems to be the same game we were playing almost 10 years ago with a few new skins. And also, I'm getting tired of these 'realistic' shooters, which I'm finding a bit jingoistic these days. That could just be age, too. I'd prefer to be shooting aliens. Why are you moaning about people moaning about it? Is it because you don't like people moaning in general or just moaning about military fps?
  • i like military shooters. Love them even. I just dont see why each one needs to be as dumb as Transformers. And where 'realistic' simply means using the colour palette of Saving Private Ryan.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Why are you moaning about people moaning about it? Is it because you don't like people moaning in general or just moaning about military fps?

I'm not moaning, I'm just interested.

If people like the genre but think it's tired or this isn't exciting then I'm interested to know what they would like to see.

If it's just moanng about military FPS's when you don't even like them, then sure, that's not adding a great deal is it.
  • We've actually had a FPS from Activision and EA every year for quite a few years now. It does feel as if the focus has changed now though and EA have moved from a fairly organic approach of seeing what internal studios come up with to a brazen plan of copying Activision.

As a fan of military shooters the big problem is that they're slowly coalescing towards all being the same thing - very fast with fairly cynical RPG light elements replacing innovation and fun on-line and a pretty brazen copy of MW2 for the campaign.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Why are you moaning about people moaning about it? Is it because you don't like people moaning in general or just moaning about military fps?
    I'm not moaning, I'm just interested. If people like the genre but think it's tired or this isn't exciting then I'm interested to know what they would like to see. If it's just moanng about military FPS's when you don't even like them, then sure, that's not adding a great deal is it.

Well, I've played enough of them so I obviously enjoy them to some degree. But I think they're getting a bit stale now and verging too much into 'real world conflict'. I do feel it's getting a bit too crass for me now, playing a soldier from a real country supposedly killing people in real places in modern conflicts. That just jars with me. BF still manages to steer just about clear of it by a few hairs but still manages to bore me, despite me wanting to like it.
‹ Previous123456789

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!