Comedian Comedy HAHA LOL Thread Thread
  • Dave Chappelle has a bit talking about Harts tickets 125 and his for 85. Dollars of course.

Cant stand Hart. Terrible. Chappelles new Netflix stuff is gold.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wrong thread
  • He might be frail but he hasn't quite lost it yet.

• three1ne wrote:
    Dave Chappelle has a bit talking about Harts tickets 125 and his for 85. Dollars of course.

Cant stand Hart. Terrible. Chappelles new Netflix stuff is gold.

Chappelle sometimes has stuff that is close to the wire or crosses over to offensive... And it makes me cringe. Otherwise he is great. I do like Hart though, his most recent Netflix special is brilliant
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The missus and I went to see Greg Davies last night in Harrogate on his You Magnificent Beast tour.  Don't know if anyone on here is a fan but I've always liked him in The Inbetweeners, and Man Down especially.  Funny time had, his material involving his mum drew some belly laughs, and the five foot 'bear' she had made for him when he was young was especially lolsome, particularly when he turned 13...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve seen a couple of his standup shows on the tellybox, they were very good indeed.
  • Aye, he's a funny guy.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’ve seen a couple of his standup shows on the tellybox, they were very good indeed.

I'd seen him on the Apollo and other similar shows where he has to reign it in a bit so it was good to see him let rip.  He jokingly said at the start, anyone who had seen his off telly stand up will be fine, any fans of Inbetweeners or Man Down may be offended, any fans of Cuckoo or Taskmaster might as well leave now.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm sure I've seen a couple of his shows, but after a quick google, only Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog rings any bells.

Well worth tracking down if you haven't seen it.
  • Seeing Chris Rock at the O2 tonight, looking forward to it. You're not allowed your phone in the venue so no distractions of people taking pics etc.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I like Larry David at award ceremonies.

• Watched the first of the two new Dave Chappelle specials on Netflix. Fucking hell. The king is back!

I thought, if I'm right on these specials the ones with the big audience was very funny. the one with the small audience not so much.
    The Forum Herald™
  • All 4 Chappelle specials are in my top 10.
    The intimate, smaller one was a wonderful bit of social commentary.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Netflix comedy special recommendations please. There’s tons on there, but pretty much whenever I choose one that isn’t from a comedian I already know, I’m disappointed. Excepting Anthony Jeselnik and Judah Friedlander, they were both great, but there must be other good stuff on there I’ve missed.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Netflix comedy special recommendations please. There’s tons on there, but pretty much whenever I choose one that isn’t from a comedian I already know, I’m disappointed. Excepting Anthony Jeselnik and Judah Friedlander, they were both great, but there must be other good stuff on there I’ve missed.

Anthony jeselnik is great!
    Other suggestions would be.

Jim jeffries: freedumb.
    And the other two of his.

Aziz anzari has a couple and there great too.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve watched the Jeffries ones, they really are good.

Didn’t get on with Ansari.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’ve watched the Jeffries ones, they really are good.

Didn’t get on with Ansari.
    Think theres 3 ansari ones and two are really good but take 10 mins to get going.
    Others just ok.

Joe rogan triggerd is ok too.

Or theres always you tube, i love these guys in rap battles....so funny and inventive and just great at it.
    (shuffle t and marlo)
    https://youtu.be/NLezysXShdQ
  • Daniel Kitson's put a video up on Vimeo of his show "It's Always Right Now, Until It's Later".  It's a £3 rental.  To be honest, I haven't watched the video yet, having seen the show twice - once when he was still writing it, and was testing it out on audiences, and once at the Manchester Exchange, which is the version on film.

Whilst memory is an unreliable beast at best, my recollection is that it's very good.  It's very much Kitson in "whimsical story telling" mode, rather than straight stand up - but it's both amusing, and moving, and quite possibly profound.  Worth the three quid certainly.
  • Heard a great joke the other day

“I know lots of jokes about white sugar but only one about brown.
    Demerrera”

I’m a simple chap
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ll give that Kitson one a whirl. Never seen his stuff but have heard his name bandied around enough to be intrigued.

Gave the new Chapelle one a shot last night, again, never really heard his stuff. I gave up around the trans stuff. None of it really worked for me.
  • Ansari just isn't that funny at all. Not a fan.

On stand up there aren't many masters around really. Louis CK, Bill Burr, Dave Chapelle, Stewart Lee, that's pretty much it for me. I like Doug Stanhope but tbf that is niche.
  • Saw Kitson aaaaaages ago in MCR and he's good, but I think his "ooooooh I'm not going on TV" thing is an attempt to make him seem more exclusive and more special than he probably deserves. The mytho is a tad overdone.

He's clearly good, a very clever writer, lots to admire, and it's a shame he constrains himself so.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ll give Burr a go.

I do like Stanhope.
  • Me and the Mrs are off to see Flight of the Chonchords in York a week on Sunday. Very front row centre seats - I think we couldn’t get closer even if one of was in a wheelchair. I’m very excited this is my version of a Dad going to see Pink Floyd reform or something. Whoo hoo!
  • Saturday not Sunday. That’s mother’s day and won’t be as fun.
  • Burr is the best living comic out there.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Saw Kitson aaaaaages ago in MCR and he's good, but I think his "ooooooh I'm not going on TV" thing is an attempt to make him seem more exclusive and more special than he probably deserves. The mytho is a tad overdone. He's clearly good, a very clever writer, lots to admire, and it's a shame he constrains himself so.

I have seen him and he's wonderful, but it is a bit tiresome how hard it is to actually get to see him.
  • Heard a great joke the other day “I know lots of jokes about white sugar but only one about brown. Demerrera” I’m a simple chap

Heard that from a mate a few weeks back, been creasing ever since. It's all in the delivery tho.

Went on a spree of one liners afterwards:

- RIP boiled water, you will be mist

- I'm not saying that's my favourite ceiling, but it's up there

- My mate's been a limo driver for 10 years and hasn't had a single passenger; imagine that, all that time and nothing to chauffeur it

etc etc
  • nick_md wrote:
    Heard a great joke the other day “I know lots of jokes about white sugar but only one about brown. Demerrera” I’m a simple chap

Heard that from a mate a few weeks back, been creasing ever since. It's all in the delivery tho.

Went on a spree of one liners afterwards:

- RIP boiled water, you will be mist

- I'm not saying that's my favourite ceiling, but it's up there

- My mate's been a limo driver for 10 years and hasn't had a single passenger; imagine that, all that time and nothing to chauffeur it

etc etc

Love a good one liner. Trouble is most don’t work over text, as you said it’s all in the delivery.
    I have way too many of them, my wife hates it. Said I told Dad jokes from the very first day she met me so she knew I was great dad material lol
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The best time of day? 6.30, hands down.

Aye I do love a good one liner. Tommy Cooper is hard to beat.

I inadvertently came up with the same joke as the winner of the Fringe one-liner contest last year. Back when the new £ coin came in, at work, we were talking about it and I was expression my genuine dislike for it and said, without realising, "I just don't like change". As I said it I instantly realised I'd done a zing and many 'wa-hey!'s were had. I then saw the same joke won the Fringe that year. I'm wasted on these people, I tell ya.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!